PDA

View Full Version : Traders Point

Ready2Ride
Jul. 31, 2009, 10:19 PM
Going as a first time spectator. Wondering what to expect. How many days should I try to go, which days are best? My daughter wants to know which big name riders might be there.
Any info appreciated :)

EquitationRider
Jul. 31, 2009, 11:02 PM
my faveorite show!! haha i show in it and its loads of fun!!
the $60,000 grand prix is sunday! thats very exciting margie engle hsa done it a few years in a row and i think shes doing it again this year. and Beezie Madden did i one year. many olympic riders enter that
Friday is the $30,000 grand prix. again olympic riders.
Saturday is kids day and they have pony rides and games and face painting and such.
Seniors day is one daay i dont no what day specificly though!
The vendors are there everyday and theres always something exciting going on so im sure whatever day you go youll have fun! i always do!

Indy
Aug. 1, 2009, 11:48 AM
TPH is my favorite show. I haven't come home for it in a few years now (I'll be in town the weekend after this year...figures...)

As for big name riders, Margie Engle, Todd Minikus, and Laura Kraut are usually there, Aaron Vale shows up pretty often too.

There are a good number of vendors and the food was always my favorite (if the Chinese food place is still there, their fried rice & kebobs are to die for - even in the heat).

Have fun!!

snaffle635
Aug. 1, 2009, 06:23 PM
Here's the website. You can check out the schedule to see which days you'd like to attend.

http://www.traderspoint.org/

Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone know how the video works at TPH? Is like like St Louis where they tape every round or like Lamplight where you have to specifically ask?

CHF
Aug. 1, 2009, 10:12 PM
There are a good number of vendors and the food was always my favorite (if the Chinese food place is still there, their fried rice & kebobs are to die for - even in the heat).

Have fun!!

Love the fried rice & kebobs for sure!!mmmm....

I wish we were going this year, but we are going to DC for a family trip instead.... sigh... maybe next year!

Enjoy, it is loads of fun to go and shop and watch, oh and did I mention shop? Should be some good riders going in any ring you want to watch, and especially the jumpers! I love to watch the GP riders riding their "up and coming" beasties in the lower jumper stuff too!:cool:

RyGirl
Aug. 2, 2009, 01:17 AM
...And don't forget the lemon shake-ups. Those go good with the previously mentioned kabobs.

Ready2Ride
Aug. 2, 2009, 01:38 PM
thank you so much everyone! Now I'm really excited to go!

SarahKing
Aug. 3, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'm so glad I saw this! I live in Indianapolis, and have never been to this show. I'm a life-long horselover who has never had the chance to even take lessons, let alone own my own. So I get my "fix" by going to shows and walking up and down the aisles in the barns (if allowed). Now I know what we're doing this weekend.

bhrunner06
Aug. 8, 2009, 11:30 PM
anyone know who the photographer is up there?

RumoursFollow
Aug. 8, 2009, 11:45 PM
Flashpoint- www.flashpointphotography.com

Its been an awesome show! We have had such a good time this year- and for once the rain has been kept to a minimum.