PDA

View Full Version : Pony Finals 2009!!!!

CThorse
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:55 PM
Hey guys!!!! Pony Finals is coming up next week, so I thought I should start a thread!!!!! Who is going to be there? Who is showing in what? Will anyone be taking pictures?? They should post them here!!! I will be posting live results!

gasrgoose
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:07 PM
My daughter and wife are there this weekend (they left yesterday) showing in the Kentucky Summer Classic and are staying thru pony finals. 10 days at KHP!! She rides in the regular smalls. There are 45 smalls this weekend divided into two groups of 23 & 22.

Sunny Side Up
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:27 PM
Man, if I didn't live all the way in CA..:( Someday I REALLY want to go watch pony finals! SO many cute ponies!!

llsc
Jul. 31, 2009, 06:14 PM
My daughter Sophia will be showing her small pony, Lightning McQueen, in the Regulars. Sophia is only 8, showing as 7, so we don't have high expectations, except for having lots of fun!

Here's a picture of them from last weekend in Vermont. This was her first time doing the Smalls and Pony Finals will be her second. Yikes :).

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=0BEF007ZK80004&po=4

Sugarbrook
Jul. 31, 2009, 06:28 PM
She is just adorable and so is the pony!!! Best of luck.

CraziiPonii
Jul. 31, 2009, 06:54 PM
llsc- they're adorable:D good luck to everyone competing!!

woweezowee
Jul. 31, 2009, 08:24 PM
My sister is showing in Large Greens on Mister Puddle-duck. We also have two in the auction. So excited! (even looking forward to the 10 hour drive...) :D

Sugarbrook
Jul. 31, 2009, 08:27 PM
HI: I will be there for the sale, have two going thru (Sugarbrook Blue Mile and Told Ya So , aka Bluebonnet Banner). Then I will be watching the small greens where my homegrown Bluetiful (Flory) by my own stallion will be showing along with, I think, Lucy Love who I raised from a yearling and sold to a wonderful family. Blue Bayou will be there in the smalls (another of my home growns ones), and I hope that Up Till Dawn (Blue Bayou's full brother) will be in the mediums. Don't know for sure, but hope, also, that Incrediblue will be showing in the smalls, another one of mine.Two that I also had born here are in the sale, owned by customers, Sugarbrook Billy The Kid, and Who Knew.
I hope everyone has fun, especially the kids, and that they do well. Look forward to meeting up with anyone who comes to the sale barn......just ask for me.....I should be hanging around working!!! Sandy PS. Don't fault me for still thinking of them as 'mine". I love my ponies

Limerick
Jul. 31, 2009, 10:14 PM
Sandy, according to the Chronicle, Up Til Dawn is going to PF. Did you see his pic in this week's issue? :)

llsc, your daughter and pony look fab. I hope they have an absolute blast and how lucky that she gets to do this.

Whoop Di Doo
Jul. 31, 2009, 10:37 PM
I will be there showing my pony in the medium greens:D

Sugarbrook
Jul. 31, 2009, 10:52 PM
Limerick: Which issue? the most current one i have is July 24th. Am I just missing it?

mroades
Jul. 31, 2009, 10:55 PM
I will be there with one large regular pony. Hoping to have a great time! We will get there monday afternoon.

Limerick
Aug. 1, 2009, 09:47 AM
Limerick: Which issue? the most current one i have is July 24th. Am I just missing it?

July 31st issue. It has an article on the Charleston horse show and the child who rides Willy is interviewed and there's a photo of them. :)

LaurieB
Aug. 1, 2009, 04:03 PM
Could someone please post the schedule?

The only thing I seem to have tons of information about is the pony auction. :lol:

hj0519
Aug. 1, 2009, 04:10 PM
Could someone please post the schedule?

The only thing I seem to have tons of information about is the pony auction. :lol:

http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/breedsDisciplines/discipline/pony/ponyFinals.aspx

PONY751
Aug. 1, 2009, 04:21 PM
My best friend will be at the sales. She has some nice ponies for sale this year, look out for the Foxlair name hip# 77 Tango and 91 Baroness (she'll be with Venture Stables). Good, quality Welsh/TB crosses.

LaurieB
Aug. 1, 2009, 04:37 PM
http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/breedsDisciplines/discipline/pony/ponyFinals.aspx

Thank you! That's just what I needed. :)

dorthyinoz
Aug. 1, 2009, 08:41 PM
I'll be there. Coming down from the great north for some hopefully kentucky sunshine. Will be going to look at what bloodlines are producing what as well as the sale. I'm quite tall for a pony breeder and have almost-white blonde hair. Feel free to say hi if/when you spot me. Hopefully its an enjoyable time for everyone and the weather is nice :)

bascher
Aug. 2, 2009, 12:33 PM
My daughter Sophia will be showing her small pony, Lightning McQueen, in the Regulars. Sophia is only 8, showing as 7, so we don't have high expectations, except for having lots of fun!

Here's a picture of them from last weekend in Vermont. This was her first time doing the Smalls and Pony Finals will be her second. Yikes :).

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=0BEF007ZK80004&po=4

Hey this is Bonnie from Patty's. Good luck to Sophia, she looked great in Vermont!

dghunter
Aug. 2, 2009, 12:41 PM
llsc, your daughter and her pony are adorable! Hope everything goes well for them and good luck to everyone else :)

Roomfor2
Aug. 2, 2009, 12:46 PM
Daughter taking large pony. Leaving wed. Hectic week. Her partner got married on Sat so they have been busy.

YankeeTurnedHillbilly
Aug. 2, 2009, 02:21 PM
I will be there with two Large Green Ponies. We are hauling out tomorrow.

Canadapony
Aug. 2, 2009, 04:33 PM
Although I will not be showing or attending this year:( there are many ponies from Ontario that are qualified this year! I do not know how many are actually showing (I know of 4 for sure) but here are the ones that are qualified:

Pattinae- larges
Hint of Blue- larges
Dutch Boy- larges
Clovermeade Bugs Bunny- mediums
Clovermeade Call Me Peaches- Smalls
Napolean Dynamite- smalls
Salham's Poe- small greens

pwynnnorman
Aug. 2, 2009, 04:38 PM
I'm miffed that I can't go. Croz's sire's owner and I were going to go together and I also wanted to cheer on a pony jumper friend from Alaska. But my father is coming home from rehab on Thursday, which is great, but really bad timing.

Say, does anyone know anything about the webcast for the sale? Does it actually show ponies going into the sale ring?

Sugarbrook
Aug. 2, 2009, 04:58 PM
PWynn: Thats a question I need answered. My husband will be at home and I thought he might be able to watch our ponies go thru the sale. Hummmm......... anyone know?

rupenthal2
Aug. 2, 2009, 05:51 PM
The preview for the recent sport horse auction had a live feed, just like you were attending. But, the quality was a bit blurry.

I believe that is also going to be the case for the pony auction preview. So, hopefully, the actual pony auction will have a live feed as well.

Chenalie
Aug. 2, 2009, 06:25 PM
Where are Pony Finals? Florida? I'd really like to go to watch a big show someday. :)

Are there any big shows near MA?

bascher
Aug. 2, 2009, 07:07 PM
Where are Pony Finals? Florida? I'd really like to go to watch a big show someday. :)

Are there any big shows near MA?

Pony Finals has been in Kentucky for the last couple of years.

CT Rider
Aug. 2, 2009, 09:49 PM
Last year I was able to watch the ponies on a live feed with the scoring. I can't find the link this year. Does anyone know if there is a company covering again this year? If so, what is the link?

Good luck to those competing!!

woweezowee
Aug. 2, 2009, 10:46 PM
The preview for the recent sport horse auction had a live feed, just like you were attending. But, the quality was a bit blurry.

I believe that is also going to be the case for the pony auction preview. So, hopefully, the actual pony auction will have a live feed as well.

I'm pretty sure this is correct -- I watched the sport horse auction online. I'm excited for the online bidding option this year!!

newsshooter
Aug. 6, 2009, 01:21 PM
There are videos from pony finals up at clubequestrian.com