PDA

View Full Version : Jen Miller in FL?

hellerkm
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:40 PM
My niece is riding with her and I have to say that she has really improved, I have never heard of her and just wondered who she is and what she does?
Any opinions? and please be nice so far my niece likes her and her riding this summer has been superb, she is helping to train our green pony and has really learned her stuff!

maxxtrot
Jul. 31, 2009, 07:46 PM
hi, do you know where in florida she is based?

Sugarbrook
Jul. 31, 2009, 08:18 PM
Hummm.........I dont know her. Where does she have her barn?

florida foxhunter
Jul. 31, 2009, 08:20 PM
Jen is a lovely person........she trains out of Jacksonville (may be in the Ponte Vedra area, but in that general area) Her barn name is Sierra Run. I believe she was in Middleburg, VA and worked under (or with) Peter Foley many years ago. A dear friend of mine was a big client of hers for years. I have ridden with her at some shows(and she's ridden a few horses for me too). She's a lovely rider........also very helpful, cheerful and even tempered. She does make it fun! I would highly recommend her!

mroades
Jul. 31, 2009, 10:58 PM
two thumbs up for Jen. She is someone I could recommned to anyone, and highly

chunky munky
Aug. 1, 2009, 08:59 AM
Jen does agreat job and is a great person.

maxxtrot
Aug. 1, 2009, 10:17 AM
she sounds great, guess you have your answer

hellerkm
Aug. 1, 2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the outside opinions! I am very impressed with my nieces ability this summer, a HUGE improvement since last year ( she used to only ride when she came to stay here in the summer) she has only great things to say about Jen and I just wanted to hear some "objective " opinions. glad she is well respected!
My niece does live about Jacksonville and St Augustine so I am assuming it is the same "Jen Miller".
again THANKS!

Sing Mia Song
Aug. 2, 2009, 05:00 PM
Tis isn't the same Jennifer Miller who rode with Katie P years ago, about the same time as Allison Firestone? The one that was in the horrible car accident?

TPF
Aug. 2, 2009, 05:09 PM
Jen is a great trainer - we see her at the shows all the time and her students ride well, are polite, and everyone looks like they are having fun! Isn't that what horse showing is supposed to be all about?!?! She has a wonderful reputation - I can honestly tell you that I have never heard anyone say a bad thing about her - and thats tough in this business!

hellerkm
Aug. 2, 2009, 05:45 PM
Jen is a great trainer - we see her at the shows all the time and her students ride well, are polite, and everyone looks like they are having fun! Isn't that what horse showing is supposed to be all about?!?! She has a wonderful reputation - I can honestly tell you that I have never heard anyone say a bad thing about her - and thats tough in this business!

Very VERY TRUE! Glad to know my niece is in good hands.

maxxtrot
Aug. 5, 2009, 08:59 PM
TPF- hi heather, this is stacey :)

steeltheisland123
Aug. 6, 2009, 12:43 AM
stabled next to her at a few shows. her riders really rack up the blues and tricolors and what I've heard of her she is great!