PDA

View Full Version : tack of the day -- ariat pro circuit breeches

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:30 PM
The fawn is a very nice color. I have two pairs and show in them frequently. A nice color to add to light tan and puke green.

Can you guys buy all these breeches so I'm not tempted? I do NOT need any more breeches. I do NOT. NOT NOT NOT.

Not.

NOT.

Hurry up and buy them all.

Please. My credit card is begging you!

BAC
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:34 PM
I am tempted, I do need a pair of breeches and I love the fawn color. I can't remember how they fit though. :confused:

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:38 PM
I am tempted, I do need a pair of breeches and I love the fawn color. I can't remember how they fit though. :confused:

I like the fit of them better than TS. I also like the calf panel better than the velcro on the TS.

For me PERSONALLY I think that they fit my hips/waist better. I am curvy and I think that the Pro Circuit Ariats fit better.

Oddly enough, though, I think that other people have the exact opposite opinion!!

I am trying REALLY hard to NOT buy one or two pairs...since I already HAVE two pairs!

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:40 PM
I was tempted also. However, I have no plans of riding anytime soon, and I have a super cute brand new pair of black TS.

I also had a window open for Zappos at the time- and that order went faster so I decided to pass on the Ariats-I-Didn't-Need in favor of More-Shoes-I-Really-Dont-Need.

BAC
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:45 PM
I like the fit of them better than TS. I also like the calf panel better than the velcro on the TS.

For me PERSONALLY I think that they fit my hips/waist better. I am curvy and I think that the Pro Circuit Ariats fit better.

Oddly enough, though, I think that other people have the exact opposite opinion!!

I am trying REALLY hard to NOT buy one or two pairs...since I already HAVE two pairs!

Do you wear the same size Ariats as you do in TS? Or do you go up or down a size? I also like the stretch panel on the calf better than the velcro closures TS uses. I think you have convinced me I need to buy a pair. :yes:

RugBug
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:47 PM
Yikes...thanks so much for posting this. I've been looking for some side zip schooling breeches but didn't want to pay a ton. Everything I've seen is either in the $80 dollar range or VERY cheap looking and after a bad experience with some Dublins...I worry about the cheap ones. I'll spend $80 for some Ariat Pro Circuits any day. YEAH!!!!!

KateKat
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:49 PM
ya know...I always say that you can never have too many breeches. Especially if thats what you ride in all the time! ;)

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:50 PM
Was unable to resist. Bought myself a pair of the Pro Circuit from TOTD in Fawn. I got a 30R. I am pretty much a 30R in all brands of show breeches like this (RJ Classics, Tailored Sportman etc.) I am a good girl for not ALSO buying the gray, right? (LOVE GRAY!) Tempted...

Now I am feeling extra guilty. I need to sell the 32R rust ones I bought that don't fit. Then I can feel like I am not some kind of creepy breech hoarder.

RugBug
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:55 PM
Now I am feeling extra guilty. I need to sell the 32R rust ones I bought that don't fit. Then I can feel like I am not some kind of creepy breech hoarder.

I have been soooo tempted by your rust ones, but they aren't the Pro Circuits, right? I'm scared of the other styles because, while I've only tried on the Sports, they were cut so differently than the Pro Circuits I'm unsure they would actually fit.

And yes, I was tempted by the gray ones, too...but I don't need to inflict that on the world. :lol:

BAC
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:55 PM
Was unable to resist. Bought myself a pair of the Pro Circuit from TOTD in Fawn. I got a 30R. I am pretty much a 30R in all brands of show breeches like this (RJ Classics, Tailored Sportman etc.) I am a good girl for not ALSO buying the gray, right? (LOVE GRAY!) Tempted...

I bought a pair too. And I sent you a PM.

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:58 PM
Do you wear the same size Ariats as you do in TS? Or do you go up or down a size? I also like the stretch panel on the calf better than the velcro closures TS uses. I think you have convinced me I need to buy a pair. :yes:

I wear the same size, I just feel more comfortable in the Ariats.

I'm going to go back in 2 hours. If they still have my size it's karma and I was meant to have them...

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:03 PM
I wear the same size, I just feel more comfortable in the Ariats.

I'm going to go back in 2 hours. If they still have my size it's karma and I was meant to have them...

I keep putting my size in the basket, then talking myself out of it. I should just do it, right? Its meant to be?

justdandy
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:05 PM
I keep putting my size in the basket, then talking myself out of it. I should just do it, right? Its meant to be?

DO IT! It will make me feel better for buying two! And I don't even need them. I already have enough breeches. *slaps forehead* DOH!

RugBug
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:07 PM
OMG, you all have such restraint. I was debating over the 3rd pair, not whether to buy or not. :lol: I SOOOO want to go back and get some gray ones.

signed,

Rugbug ~ who is now the proud owner of 7 (yes, 7) pairs of Ariat Pro Circuits:eek:) and a bazillion pairs of crappy ass schooling breeches, some of which fell apart the first time they were worn. :mad: (Dublins, you suck!)

ExJumper
Its meant to be?

Yes. Yes it is!

Pirateer
DO IT! It will make me feel better for buying two! And I don't even need them. I already have enough breeches. *slaps forehead* DOH!

At least I have partners in crime, right? Hopefully they are fabulous and fit :)

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:18 PM
Yes. Yes it is!

You're just hoping I'm one more person to help buy out your size! I just know it!

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:19 PM
You're just hoping I'm one more person to help buy out your size! I just know it!

Only an hour and 40 minutes to go :)

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:22 PM
Only an hour and 40 minutes to go :)

I'll probably have rationalized myself into purchasing 2 more pairs by then! Sheesh!

Sparky Boy
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:24 PM
Peer Pressure............... I was trying to forget about that email I got today..... No restraint. I ordered a pair in Fawn.

Wonder what color Fawn is?

SkipChange
I wish you hadn't posted this! I just bought 3 pairs of breeches this summer...but I still want these!

Pirateer
Peer Pressure............... I was trying to forget about that email I got today..... No restraint. I ordered a pair in Fawn.

baby deer colored!

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:26 PM

It's very pretty. Like a darker tan. I have a few jackets the color looks SMASHING with!

And when I show in them I get lots of compliments. They are a nice addition to the usual light tan and puke green.

JumpWithPanache
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:26 PM
Darn it... I like the grey ones. I let a kid borrow my coat and it looked REALLY nice with her grey tights... maybe it'd look good with those grey breeches? :winkgrin:

Sparky Boy
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:28 PM
baby deer colored!

Does it come with the white spots? ;)

chawley
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:51 PM
Oh my gosh, you guys are cracking me up! I about spit my diet coke on the baby deer color post! Classic. :)

BAC
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:01 PM
And when I show in them I get lots of compliments.

Then you definitely need to buy another pair (or two)! ;)

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:04 PM
Then you definitely need to buy another pair (or two)! ;)

Ack! I almost gave in. I put them in my basket and hit "checkout."

But NOOOOOO! I have to wait ONE hour. If they are still there, I'm buying them...

BAC
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:04 PM
OMG, you all have such restraint. I was debating over the 3rd pair, not whether to buy or not. :lol: I SOOOO want to go back and get some gray ones.

signed,

Rugbug ~ who is now the proud owner of 7 (yes, 7) pairs of Ariat Pro Circuits:eek:) and a bazillion pairs of crappy ass schooling breeches, some of which fell apart the first time they were worn. :mad: (Dublins, you suck!)

You really need to buy another horse, to go with all those breeches you own. :lol: :D

Everyone should buy a pair from TOD, you're actually saving about $140 per pair.

Ty2003
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:07 PM

I think I'm now a member of the creepy breech hoarder club. I saw the TOTD email today at 12:15, went online, put the gray ones in my basket, and then sanity returned and I closed out of the window. Then I read this post at 2:00pm, said "it really IS a good deal and I do love my pro circuit breeches"...and before I knew it I have a pair on the way. EEK! I'm rationalizing by telling myself that I've lost weight and I need some more 24s...even though I have several other pairs. I will definitely have to sell my 26s (which I just bought a couple months ago for full price!) to assuage the guilt I'm feeling...

For those of you unfamiliar with the fit of these breeches, they are the BEST. Especially if you have any girly curves. They are very forgiving and flattering. And I do love the calf on them - no velcro, bunching, etc like with TS. As for fit, I wear a 22 or 24 in pro circuits but wear a 26 or 28 in the two-way TS pants (which fit totally different).

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:08 PM
Ack! I almost gave in. I put them in my basket and hit "checkout."

But NOOOOOO! I have to wait ONE hour. If they are still there, I'm buying them...

If you buy one pair, versus two, after waiting 1 hour, versus two....that is a nice compromise.

LuvMyDressageQH
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:13 PM
I'm scared of the other styles because, while I've only tried on the Sports, they were cut so differently than the Pro Circuits I'm unsure they would actually fit.

Can you (or anybody :)) explain the different cuts? I have a pair of Sports that are wearing out after 6+ years and am tempt-... ok so I already bought them! - on TOTD in gray. Should I be worried that they won't fit? Do I need to go back and buy another pair? :lol:

RugBug
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:14 PM
You really need to buy another horse, to go with all those breeches you own. :lol: :D

Done and done. New horse arrived on 7/1/09, just in time for my birthday. :D

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:14 PM
If you buy one pair, versus two, after waiting 1 hour, versus two....that is a nice compromise.

You are NOT HELPING!

see u at x
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:15 PM
This is SOOOO tempting!!! I'm trying to talk myself out of it by thinking, "OK, you need a new girth for your horses...you also need new stirrup leathers from Gary Mundy...one horse needs a new bridle...you're having the saddle fitter out in two weeks...etc., etc." But wow, the idea of saving that much money on breeches is really enticing...just can't remember if I like the way Ariats fit on me! (though I am curvy and I'd probably like them based upon what's been said here, dammit.)

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:15 PM
Can you (or anybody :)) explain the different cuts? I have a pair of Sports that are wearing out after 6+ years and am tempt-... ok so I already bought them! - on TOTD in gray. Should I be worried that they won't fit? Do I need to go back and buy another pair? :lol:

If you buy two you could always sell whichever didn't fit. I bought two pair of the Grand Prixs earlier this year, didn't like them and sold them to a COTH'r.

Or you can have a "skinny pair" and a "fat pair". :)

RugBug
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:17 PM

Well, I've got me some thunder thighs. And the Sports in 'my size' were incredibly tight. My 32 Pro Circuits were baggy (I could've worn the 30s easily) and I couldn't get the 32 Sports on. This was back in the day when the Sports just came out. I already had the Pros and looked at the Sports(which I think was the only other style at that time) to save a few bucks.

FWIW, TS two-ways don't fit me at all either. By the time they fit in the thigh...they are gigantic in the waist. The 4-ways fit just fine in my regular size.

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:17 PM
Wait, so if you got a horsey for your b-day, you are justified in buying new breeches? Then I guess I *am* justified.

I find that the Pro Circuit and All Circuit fit pretty much the same. I take the same size in both. I haven't tried on the Sport so I can't compare. But I am a solid 30R in pretty much everything and on the curvy side, and I LOVE my Ariat breeches! They are the BEST!!!

RugBug
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:21 PM
Wait, so if you got a horsey for your b-day, you are justified in buying new breeches? Then I guess I *am* justified.

Absolutely. Glad you joined me in the purchasing fun, birthday girl!

But I am a solid 30R in pretty much everything and on the curvy side, and I LOVE my Ariat breeches! They are the BEST!!!

Gack, I'm pretty much a solid 32 right now, which is why I bought a pair of these in 34. Blech, Blurgh and any other "gaining weight sucks" noises you can think of.

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:22 PM

Well duh. New pony would be embarrassed otherwise!

snaffle635
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:22 PM
Does it come with the white spots? ;)

Yes, but just a few across the flanks. :-)

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:25 PM
Haha! New pony is 3 and therefore probably not going to be shown much, for a little while. But it doesn't hurt to stock up while breeches are priced cheap, right?

Folks, my basement is like a tack shop. Y'all are enablers!

In other news, I bought the Ariat 32Rs as an incentive to loose weight. I had been a 30R in breeches me ENTIRE LIFE until last year when I gained some weight. When I tried on the 32Rs and they were a little too tight-- I was totally embarassed. So I bought them as a weight loss incentive.

Only I forgot I did it, lost weight, and by the time I remembered the incentive and went to try them on-- too big! So I ended up having to re-buy them in 30R. I don't care if I lose any more weight. I am NOT rebuying these. I will wear the 30R even if I have to wear suspenders. ;)

RugBug
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:32 PM
Folks, my basement is like a tack shop.
;)

Damn straight, it is. I'm always impressed with how much stuff you must have in order to tempt me with the loads you sell. :winkgrin:

And congrats on your incentive. I'll cross my fingers that my fat pants work the same for me. :D

ponymom64
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:33 PM
How do you use this "Tack of the Day" of which I read???

It is too late for me? My daughter needs some breeches.....

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:35 PM
tackoftheday.com

Click on bonus item (the Ariats!)

Then insert credit card, and voila.

(also make sure to sign up for the daily email)

ponymom64
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:41 PM
tackoftheday.com

Click on bonus item (the Ariats!)

Then insert credit card, and voila.

(also make sure to sign up for the daily email)

Awesome!! Thanks!

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:47 PM
It's been a while since I've been tempted by TOTD, but Ariat breeches brought me back into the fold. :)

snaffle635
Jul. 31, 2009, 02:49 PM
Great bargain! For newbies I say, people, you will love these breeches!

I have two pairs in fawn. They last and last. I've been using mine mostly for schooling now. They don't show any dirt and look very snappy with a white or black polo shirt.

Ex Jumper, I know you like the fawn for showing. What color jacket do you wear with them?

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:02 PM
Ex Jumper, I know you like the fawn for showing. What color jacket do you wear with them?

I think they looks sharp with pretty much everything... I like them with my navy and my olivy-green jackets. I don't love them with my brown shades jackets, but they don't look terrible -- just not my preference. A little too monochromatic.

There is only one jacket I think they look bad with -- a light brown one I wore on my horse when I was trying to attract attention in a flat class.

I'll see if I can root out a picture of them... I haven't shown a ton lately so I'm behind on my photo-purchasing!

SunshineSummertime
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:03 PM
which of the two colors is more "in" right now and the near future?

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:04 PM
I LOVE gray but I think the fawn is closer to puke green and is therefore a more basic color. Both are show appropriate though. I think gray really stands out. Okay folks, I am almost talking myself into the gray. MUST SHOW RESTRAINT!!!

ExJumper
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:05 PM

Between gray and fawn? Fawn absolutely. You don't see people showing in the hunters in gray. Or at least I don't!

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:05 PM

The fawn is probably more "in". I wear them to school at horse shows. They grey is much less flattering unless you are pretty skinny and do not, ever, ever suffer from the affliction known as "cottage cheese booty".

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:07 PM
I LOVE gray but I think the fawn is closer to puke green and is therefore a more basic color. Both are show appropriate though. I think gray really stands out. Okay folks, I am almost talking myself into the gray. MUST SHOW RESTRAINT!!!

Restraint is for nerds.

vxf111
I am old enough to remember when gray was THE color to show in, and I am pretty sure it's still appropriate, though I agree not common. And before that, rust was THE color. Rust is coming back, I suspect gray is next.

I am not old enough to remember canary though :)

justdandy
Uggggghhh....I'm suffering from buyer's remorse now. :( I shouldn't be spending the money (especially after spending so much at the Dover tent sale last weekend). I should be saving the moolah for showing!!!!! Oy! *an even bigger slap on the forehead*

ETA: Oh....did I mention that I scored a newer Tad Coffin girth at the Middleburg Tack Exchange for $55?:winkgrin:

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:08 PM
Am maybe a little justified in buying the breeches because today is the first year since I moved to Philly that I didn't take the day off work for the first day of the Rick's tent sale? Maybe a teeny, weeny bit justified?

Pirateer
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:10 PM
Am maybe a little justified in buying the breeches because today is the first year since I moved to Philly that I didn't take the day off work for the first day of the Rick's tent sale? Maybe a teeny, weeny bit justified?

Sounds totally justified to me!

showmom858
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:57 PM
My DD has these in children's size 14. Does anyone know if these would be a 22 or 24 in women's?

BAC
Jul. 31, 2009, 04:06 PM
How do you use this "Tack of the Day" of which I read???

It is too late for me? My daughter needs some breeches.....

You'll be sorry ponymom, now you'll have even more opportunities to spend money. :D And the breeches really are a good deal.

Blinky
Jul. 31, 2009, 04:29 PM
That is a great price. My Pro circuits have lasted forever. I bought a fawn pair last summer off Ebay for about $85. I used them for schooling. Recently I bought the grey pair on sale at a tack shop for $88 for showing. Yes I WILL show in grey. But it would be kind of cool to have grey for a schooling pair..hhhmmm. Why do I have showing vs schooling you ask? Because I'm one of those that gets dirty at the barn. :)

Trixie
Jul. 31, 2009, 04:36 PM

Definitely, we all know the cheapest part of horse ownership is the purchase price. Then they need STUFF!

JenEM
Jul. 31, 2009, 09:23 PM
I'm so bummed they didn't have the fawns in my size :no: I LOVE that color breech, it hides a lot of dirt while still looking nice.

For anyone interested in what they look like in real life, this is an old pair of fawn Sports:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3529/3747197215_542da41ac1_b.jpg

Beethoven
Jul. 31, 2009, 09:59 PM
I did it!:lol: I have some 24L Ariat..not sure what cut but of course they only had 24R in Fawn, so I went with the 26L in Fawn in case they are cut a bit different plus I have gained a few lbs and while the 24 still fit a bigger size might be better! It is a hell of a deal too! I almost bought 2 pairs!:lol: I still may..:lol:

2foals
Jul. 31, 2009, 10:11 PM
Restraint is for nerds.

You are so sensible!

I was disappointed that the fawn breeches in my size were sold out by the time I got there, but grey is nice, too.

mvp
Aug. 1, 2009, 12:03 AM
If I dig Ariat Sports in a 30 Low rise, will I dig these Circuits in the same size? Can you guys make a ruling on the regular vs. low rise option? I'm not curvy, but short waisted. Think a short brick sh!t house. Nice. Please help me.

asb_own_me
Aug. 1, 2009, 12:26 AM
I feel fortunate that my new hunt coat is a golden brown color and wouldn't look good with the fawn (too close) and would completely clash with the grey.

Okay, so I don't feel fortunate, but my credit card is surely heaving a sigh of relief.

HenryisBlaisin'
Aug. 1, 2009, 01:46 AM
My credit card is very relieved that they weren't full seats.

Silk
Aug. 1, 2009, 10:53 AM
I am not old enough to remember canary though :)

I am!! I am!!! Oh, wait...that's not a good thing, right?

gf
Aug. 1, 2009, 02:28 PM
If I dig Ariat Sports in a 30 Low rise, will I dig these Circuits in the same size? Can you guys make a ruling on the regular vs. low rise option? I'm not curvy, but short waisted. Think a short brick sh!t house. Nice. Please help me.

I want to know the same thing! I love my Ariat Sports in low rise-are these going to work in the same size? I somewhat curvy and short waisted. ack!! help!! they have my size in stock and I really need to get new breeches for showing!! :eek: :)

BeastieSlave
Aug. 1, 2009, 03:38 PM
So, back to comparing these to TS's... You guys are saying for fairly curvy gals the sizing is the same?

DuffyAgain
Aug. 1, 2009, 03:56 PM
They only had 30's in the fawn left today. Hope they fit! :winkgrin:

vxf111
Aug. 1, 2009, 09:52 PM
I am curvy. I wear the same size in Tailored Sportsman Royal Hunters, Tailored Sportsman Trophy, Ariat All Circuit, and Ariat Pro Circuit. I also wear that same size in RJ Classics show breeches. I have not tried on the TS Schooling.

2ndyrgal
Aug. 1, 2009, 10:32 PM
3 pair of gray ones. To match the three pair of fawn I bought from TOTD last time. Good sale, I love those breeches.

mom23monkeys
Aug. 2, 2009, 08:09 AM
I so want some of these, but what does LDS mean? are they low rise???

vxf111
Aug. 2, 2009, 08:17 AM
Pretty sure "LDS" means "ladies." The description would have specified if the breeches were low rise, and anyway I think the two colors on TOTD only came in regular rise.

HuntJumpSC
Aug. 2, 2009, 11:33 PM
Why did I click on the thread??? ;) Now I'm seriously tempted to get a grey pair! Yes, grey! Because I had to sell all of beloved TS's when my booty grew too big for 28's (had like a bazillion pair, including grey & mocha)
The only thing holding me back is, I had a pair of Ariat pro's that I really liked: they fit great, easy care and loved the calf panel. I bought them when they first came out. Only thing is, after awhile the butt did a wierd thing along the seam, and don't laugh, but it looked like a fabric hemorroid or something. :eek: Much as I liked them, I could not see myself walking around at a show looking like I dropped a load in my pants. :lol:

Soo...do I take a chance or not? I'm currently in a 32r in TS (snagged a pair of rust) Would I need to order the same size?

Sparky Boy
Aug. 7, 2009, 02:34 PM
Anybody get their breeches in the mail yet?

make x it x so
Aug. 7, 2009, 06:21 PM
Anybody get their breeches in the mail yet?

NO! I'm so disappointed every day when they don't arrive.

ExJumper
Aug. 7, 2009, 06:45 PM
NO! I'm so disappointed every day when they don't arrive.

Check in again when they do!!

HunterJumperLuv
Aug. 10, 2009, 10:14 PM
Anyone gotten theres yet?!?!

I'm still so excited for these!

BAC
Aug. 11, 2009, 10:03 AM
I'm still waiting, I guessed at the size so I hope mine fit.

vxf111
Aug. 11, 2009, 10:11 AM
It may take a little while. TOTD didn't actually have the breeches on hand. They took the ordered and then asked Ariat for what they needed to fulfill the orders. So after we purchased, they had to tab up the orders, then send the order to Ariat, wait for Ariat to send the breeches to TOTD, and then send the breeches to us. I think often TOTD has "on hand" what they sell, so they can send it out speedier. But not this time.

make x it x so
Aug. 11, 2009, 10:15 AM
It may take a little while. TOTD didn't actually have the breeches on hand. They took the ordered and then asked Ariat for what they needed to fulfill the orders. So after we purchased, they had to tab up the orders, then send the order to Ariat, wait for Ariat to send the breeches to TOTD, and then send the breeches to us. I think often TOTD has "on hand" what they sell, so they can send it out speedier. But not this time.

Thanks for the update, I was getting worried!

BAC
Aug. 11, 2009, 10:23 AM
IIRC the original TOTD email mentioned they would not ship for up to 14 days, which sounds about right if they have to first order them from Ariat, as already mentioned.

vxf111
Aug. 11, 2009, 10:26 AM
And apparently Ariat isn't always the speediest.... I wouldn't fret yet.

make x it x so
Aug. 11, 2009, 11:05 AM
Good to know. I guess I should always read the shipping details when I order things to avoid needless concern, but I tend to be distracted by "OhHHHhhhHH pretty pants and a good deal!? MUST HAVE!" :D

vxf111
Aug. 18, 2009, 04:40 PM
FYI, I *just* got the shipping notification from UPS a few minutes ago.

Best View
Aug. 18, 2009, 04:45 PM
So did I and it said they will arrive tomorrow!

BAC
Aug. 18, 2009, 05:12 PM
FYI, I *just* got the shipping notification from UPS a few minutes ago.

Me too, they arrive tomorrow. Now I just pray I can fit into them.

Sparky Boy
Aug. 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
Got the shipping confirmation here too :D

justdandy
Aug. 19, 2009, 08:47 AM
I just got my shipping notification! Can't wait!:)

HunterJumperLuv
Aug. 19, 2009, 01:58 PM
Yay! I got mine!

BAC
Aug. 19, 2009, 02:41 PM
Yay! I got mine!

And how do you like them? How do they fit in comparison to TS?

GreystoneKC
Aug. 19, 2009, 03:51 PM
I just got mine today! Yay! I like them a lot. If anyone has a 30R grey pair that doesn't fit, let me know because I have a feeling I could have gone a size smaller. I tend to go up and down in size so I went with a 32, but I think the 30s might fit nicely when I'm in a "skinny" period, lol.

HuntJumpSC
Aug. 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
Greystone~ if you decide you don't want the 32's, PM me. I missed out on the bargain! :no:

BAC
Aug. 19, 2009, 04:16 PM
Greystone~ if you decide you don't want the 32's, PM me. I missed out on the bargain! :no:

I guessed at 32, fawn color, would you be interested if they don't fit?

make x it x so
Aug. 19, 2009, 04:36 PM
Yay I got mine! Haven't tried them on yet (too lazy) but I'm hoping to break them in tomorrow. :D

RugBug
Aug. 19, 2009, 05:03 PM
I got my ship confirmation to...but being across the country means the 'arrive by' date wasn't until 8/24. :no: I'm sure hoping they come sooner. I've been nursing a crappy pair of breeches along and every time I put them on I wonder if the holes are going to grow from a 'not-to-horrible' size to a 'totally inappropriate' size (they are above the knee patches...so not in a totally awfully place).

goldponies
Aug. 19, 2009, 06:41 PM
Still waiting, Not even an email:(

indygirl2560
Aug. 19, 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm so sad I missed out on that deal! ;( I already have a couple pair and I've been looking for more...

lacy859
Aug. 19, 2009, 08:50 PM
Equusunlimited has them for $100 in the lowrise style for $100. If you buy $150 you get free shipping.

Beethoven
Aug. 19, 2009, 10:15 PM
Mine will be here on Friday!!:D

HuntJumpSC
Aug. 19, 2009, 11:01 PM
I guessed at 32, fawn color, would you be interested if they don't fit?

I would! Really wanted to get grey, but at this point anything is good! I bought a cheap pair of Italian breeches called Barrakan (?) on Ebay for $15, and they have pleats~ ick! Of course until something better comes along, I'll wear em...:lol:

BAC
Aug. 20, 2009, 09:38 AM
I would! Really wanted to get grey, but at this point anything is good! I bought a cheap pair of Italian breeches called Barrakan (?) on Ebay for $15, and they have pleats~ ick! Of course until something better comes along, I'll wear em...:lol:

They fit great other than being a tad snug in the waist, but I love them. Of course I am horrified that I let myself get to a size 32! :eek:

paintlady
Aug. 20, 2009, 10:34 AM
They fit great other than being a tad snug in the waist, but I love them. Of course I am horrified that I let myself get to a size 32! :eek:

Hey now... I wear a 32L in Ariat breeches. If it makes you feel better, I wear a 30L in most other brands. Personally, I find the Ariats to run a bit snug. :)

BTW... my TOTD Ariats - size 32L - arrived yesterday too. :D

vxf111
Aug. 20, 2009, 10:35 AM
Mine arrived last night. Hurrah! They are excellent!!! I had forgotten the differences between the All Circuit and Pro Circuit. I know the All Circuit are the less expensive breeches, but I actually prefer them a bit. Still, the fawn are lovely, fit great, and I look forward to wearing them. You got me, tack of the day!!!

ExJumper
Aug. 20, 2009, 10:49 AM
I feel like a proud mother, or maybe a yenta -- having started this thread and helped match people with fawn colored ariat breeches :)

Yippie!

Laurierace
Aug. 20, 2009, 10:50 AM
I just got an email cancelling my order. They said when they checked the warehouse mine weren't there. Nice.

vxf111
Aug. 20, 2009, 10:51 AM
There is already a paid of the gray 28R on eBay. If you missed out from TOTD, I'd keep an eye on eBay. People who bought and misjudged the size are likely to start listing soon. :)

goldponies
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:17 AM
Hello from Tack of the Day,

We are very sorry, but we have had to cancel your order for one or all of the Ariat Pro Circuit breeches that you purchased from us on the weekend of 7/31/09. The computer inventory was incorrect and when we went to pull your order, one or more pair of yours were simply not in the warehouse.

I'm so sad...

ExJumper
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:23 AM
:no: :(

DuffyAgain
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:23 AM
Got my daughter's yesterday - on her 18th bday - so was able to wrap right up! :)

(sorry about your pair, goldponies :( What size? If daughter's don't fit, maybe they will fit you?)

Portia
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:36 AM
I have a few pair of the fawn that I bought in the past when TOTD had them on sale, and then that I then tracked down and bought off of eBay, for me and for my trainer. So this time I bought the light grey, which are on their way. :)

I've worn the fawn in many hunter classes, and have never had a sideways glance for the color. Really, it is a perfectly acceptable/good hunter color and goes really well with anything thing taupe or grey or lavender or pink.

HuntJumpSC
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:36 AM

BAC~ Glad they worked for you. I'm a bit embarassed for my waist size too...LOL! I was a 28 forever, got married, grew to a 30, now I have a 9 month old kid and am in a 32. :sigh: I can't seem to get the last 10 lbs of baby weight to come off....:no:

BAC
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:38 AM
I feel like a proud mother, or maybe a yenta -- having started this thread and helped match people with fawn colored ariat breeches :)

Yippie!

Thank you because I have always wanted the fawn breeches since they first brought that color out but was not willing to pay $200+ for them. And I really love the color, they shouldn't show dirt too easily, plus I find the darker shades more flattering to my ample thighs. ;)

Sparky Boy
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:59 AM
Got mine yesterday. Haven't had a chance to try them on yet. Hope they fit.

Don't feel bad, I've been a 30L forever. Now I'm a 32 in most things, and I've got not kids to blame for it. Just cookies, ice cream and marriage. ;)

Anybody show in the Fawn color? What color coat?

justdandy
Aug. 20, 2009, 01:05 PM
I also got mine yesterday. They're very pretty. I can't wait to try them on to see how they fit.:)

Portia
Aug. 20, 2009, 01:29 PM
All the time. They look great with my taupish-grey coat, and with a navy coat. Really, they go well with most other colors except maybe a true brown.

And I'm another in the 32 sizing in the Ariats, also not due to kids but to having hit that age when the metabolism seems to stop working the way it used to ...

vxf111
Aug. 20, 2009, 01:37 PM
I used to think the fawn was too dark to show in, but I've changed my mind since getting a pair of Ariat's "khaki" which is also quite dark, albeit a bit more green. I was so used to the TAN Tailored Sportsman color (of the 4 ways) that everything else looked to dark to me. I've since converted from the 4-ways to the TS Trophy/Ariat All Circuit and now am feeling a lot more liberal about the darker putty/khaki/fawn colors. I held up the fawn to some taupe and gray coats and they looked nice with the fawn.

ExJumper
Aug. 20, 2009, 01:40 PM
Really, they go well with most other colors except maybe a true brown.

I agree with this. They look really sharp with pretty much all my coats except the one that's really brown-brown.

Across Sicily
Aug. 20, 2009, 08:17 PM

I have four coats - a navy, a french-ish blue, a black, and a lighter tan. This pair of breeches goes with every single coat. I like it best with my black coat and lighter tan coat, but they look fantastic with every coat, so no complaints!

dogchushu
Aug. 20, 2009, 09:22 PM
So I got my grey pair tonight. Love them. They are gorgeous! Fit perfectly too!

DuffyAgain
Aug. 20, 2009, 10:34 PM
They don't fit my daughter. A bit snug in the waist. She says I should try them. Yah right. Guess I'll be putting them on ebay? (size 30)

vxf111
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:25 PM
Duffy, did you get Fawn or Gray? First dibbs goes to folks who didn't get their orders because TOTD ran out-- but if they don't want your breeches and you got gray, let me know.

DuffyAgain
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:26 PM
They are fawn - lovely color!

ExJumper
Aug. 21, 2009, 01:07 PM
Anyone need paddocks to go with their new breeches? :)

paintlady
Aug. 21, 2009, 01:11 PM
Anyone need paddocks to go with their new breeches? :)

Yup - just bought today's Bonus. :D

GreystoneKC
Aug. 21, 2009, 02:51 PM
I'm bummed, so far no grey 30Rs on ebay... :(

HuntJumpSC
Aug. 21, 2009, 03:36 PM
I'm reeally wanting a grey 32. Anyone? Anyone?

Sparky Boy
Aug. 21, 2009, 03:41 PM
All the time. They look great with my taupish-grey coat, and with a navy coat. Really, they go well with most other colors except maybe a true brown.

And I'm another in the 32 sizing in the Ariats, also not due to kids but to having hit that age when the metabolism seems to stop working the way it used to ...

I hear ya. :( Thank god I got the 32's instead of the 30s. The 32's fit pretty good, though a Long would have been better.

I generally only show in Navy so that's good.

paintlady
Aug. 21, 2009, 05:28 PM
I hear ya. :( Thank god I got the 32's instead of the 30s. The 32's fit pretty good, though a Long would have been better.

I always order a size up in Ariat breeches - they run smaller than Tuff Rider and Riders Choice which are the other brands I tend to wear.

Beethoven
Aug. 21, 2009, 06:31 PM
Mine arrived! I am glad I aimed on the safe side and got 26 instead of the 24 that i have in the sports. They fit but man are the high waisted!:lol:

I have a navy coat I think they will look good with along with a dark bay. I think it will look smashing all together!:D:D

Quinn
Aug. 21, 2009, 08:04 PM
I love love love the ariat pro circuits but yes they are high waisted. Just think you're wearing a bustiere!

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

GreystoneKC
Aug. 21, 2009, 10:42 PM
Mine arrived! I am glad I aimed on the safe side and got 26 instead of the 24 that i have in the sports. They fit but man are the high waisted!:lol:

Hahahaha, I think I hate you! We're all like, oh, yay, 32... and then you come in with the awe shucks, I needed a 26 instead of a 24! lolol You make me feel guilty for the ice cream I had tonight! ;-)

I must say I love how high waisted they are though... One less shirt to come untucked with all those low rise things!

Beethoven
Aug. 21, 2009, 11:27 PM
Hahahaha, I think I hate you! We're all like, oh, yay, 32... and then you come in with the awe shucks, I needed a 26 instead of a 24! lolol You make me feel guilty for the ice cream I had tonight! ;-)

I must say I love how high waisted they are though... One less shirt to come untucked with all those low rise things!

Sorry! I used to be a 30/32 so the fact that 26 fit me is still shocking to me. I was worried! These are only my second pair of breeches since losing weight! I have gain about 8-10 lbs back, but kept 25-30 lbs off.

Hey and you only live once. If I want ice cream then I eat it!:D

vxf111
Aug. 24, 2009, 12:58 PM
Gray is up on TOTD again today-- this time in low rise!

Ready2Ride
Aug. 24, 2009, 01:58 PM
oh wow, I wish they had them in children's sizes :(

Gwendolyn
Aug. 24, 2009, 02:16 PM
AHHH I want the greys SOOO bad and now they're in low rise! However, I've been lusting over the embossed ones for years. It was a painful decision to only order one pair today :(

xitmom
Aug. 24, 2009, 02:20 PM
Shoot!!!!!!!! I thought that I ordered the gray but just looked at the confirmation email and it said 'Embossed'. Ugh. How could I have been so careless! I know everything is final sale.... any way to cancel or change before it ships or am I outta luck?

imapepper
Aug. 24, 2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks alot you guys :rolleyes: :lol: I now own a new pair of grey breeches :) I had been wanting a pair and the TOTD price was just too good to pass up. Lucky me....they didn't have my size in the embossed otherwise I would have 2 new pairs of breeches. Now I need a jacket that will go with my new grey breeches ;)

JumpWithPanache
Aug. 24, 2009, 02:38 PM
MUST. RESIST. GRAY. BREECHES. Because my new RJ coat looks lovely with gray. :sigh: Reminds self that self just bought a new pair of breeches.

vxf111
Aug. 24, 2009, 02:39 PM
If you made a mistake, I would call BOB ASAP and see if maybe they can fix your order before it's processed.

xitmom
Aug. 24, 2009, 02:51 PM
TOTD was great... They still had the grays in stock in my size and said that I could cancel the embossed by 5 pm today. Yeah!! Happy, happy, happy.

lacy859
Aug. 24, 2009, 06:48 PM
Has the sizing for the Ariat breeches changed w/in the past few years? The pairs I had a few years ago were always a sz smaller than the size I got in the TS (like, 30 in TS and 28 in Ariat)

RugBug
Aug. 24, 2009, 07:00 PM
I still haven't received my first order. It wasn't at home at lunch. Maybe when I get home after work. :crosses fingers:

Noctis
Aug. 24, 2009, 08:27 PM
How is the sizing? I wear a 34 in TS (ok I can JUST get the 32's on, so its a toss up, so how do the Ariats fit? I WANT a pair!

*jumper*
Aug. 24, 2009, 10:55 PM
Whyyyyyy....I bought two pairs. I bought two pairs last month for showing. I did not need more breeches. I couldn't resist...the embossed were just too cool, and the greys were taunting me. Damn TOTD.

Noctis
Aug. 25, 2009, 07:32 AM
Anyone have any guide on the sizing? I *really* want a pair, but I want them to FIT darn it!

Best View
Aug. 25, 2009, 08:27 AM
I wear a 34 in the TS and a 34 in the ariats. The ariats are my favorite and you can put them in the washing maching and dryer without major shrinkage! I have not tried the low rise ariats but now I have too many pairs to justify another purchase.... anyone want to trade a 34L regualr fawn for a 34L low rise.....

TrakeGirl
Aug. 25, 2009, 08:31 AM
Whyyyyyy....I bought two pairs. I bought two pairs last month for showing. I did not need more breeches. I couldn't resist...the embossed were just too cool, and the greys were taunting me. Damn TOTD.

I thought FOR SURE they would be sold out of my size by this morning, so I would not be tempted. But no...they are still there...still taunting me. "Buy me...buy me..."

I don't need breeches either. Or do I? After all, I am still rocking the TR-10's from Millers that I purchased in 1996. And although they last forever...they ARE getting quite short...and that velcro is SO scratchy...but I do have one pair of Ariat Brittany's and a pair of brown pull ons schoolers too that are more comfy...but are just 2 pairs of schooling breeches enough?

Oh wait...I have the blue embossed Ariat Pro Circuits too for schooling. And they ARE cool. I love paisley. Obsessed even. Alright 3 pairs of schooling breeches. But the blue is so hard to match to the rest of my ensemble and everyone knows good riding is about sh%t matching. Hmm....the beige would be easier to match...

TrakeGirl
Aug. 25, 2009, 08:32 AM
Anyone have any guide on the sizing? I *really* want a pair, but I want them to FIT darn it!

I am a size smaller in the Ariats than I am in the TS. But I think it depends on how you are built. I HATE TS's.

BAC
Aug. 25, 2009, 11:04 AM
I bought the same size as I normally wear in TS and both fit equally well although the waist in the Ariats was just a bit more snug than in the TS. I love mine, I'm so sorry I didn't buy two pair at that price.

RugBug
Aug. 25, 2009, 11:18 AM
I am a size smaller in the Ariats than I am in the TS. But I think it depends on how you are built. I HATE TS's.

I think that used to be the case. I have 4 pairs of the Pro-Circuits that I bought years ago when they first came out. Those are a size smaller than I would wear in TS. Sadly, I've gained a bit of weight and so I bought my TOTD Ariats a size larger and lets just say that they are very close to being too small. This means they actually fit more like the TS than they used to. :no:

Not So Practical Horse(WO)man
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:25 AM
i haven't received a shipping notice on the grey ones..wtf???

ZIL
Sep. 3, 2009, 03:13 AM
I love my All Circuits, and I thought that the Pros were the same but better (How? I don't know!). I was very disappointed that the fit is not at all the same and I like the All Circuit fabric much better. Mine will be going in COTH classifieds. It seems like everyone else here loves theirs...

RugBug
Sep. 3, 2009, 11:03 AM
If anyone wants a pair of the 32s in fawn...PM me.

imapepper
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:28 PM
i haven't received a shipping notice on the grey ones..wtf???

Me neither. I am starting to get concerned that I will not be getting my breeches :(

vxf111
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:33 PM
Are folks missing order from the FIRST or SECOND day the Ariat breeches were posted? Remember they're coming from Ariat to TOTD and then to you, I think the estimate was something like 2 weeks from the day the breeches were posted. It hasn't been 2 weeks since the 2nd time they were posted, has it?

Not So Practical Horse(WO)man
Sep. 4, 2009, 12:55 AM
Are folks missing order from the FIRST or SECOND day the Ariat breeches were posted? Remember they're coming from Ariat to TOTD and then to you, I think the estimate was something like 2 weeks from the day the breeches were posted. It hasn't been 2 weeks since the 2nd time they were posted, has it?

your right im talking about when they were posted in grey...im just anxious to get my hot new breeches NOWWW!!!!

imapepper
Sep. 4, 2009, 11:51 AM

I emailed TOTD just to make sure and they confirmed that it would be shipped next week and that the order from Ariat is running about 3 days late so it will probably ship end of next week.

Pony Soprano
Nov. 20, 2009, 01:11 PM
They are back on sale! At least before I ordered another pair I made myself write down a list of what breeches I already have. Of course that didn't stop me from ordering them :lol: I told myself that I am helping the environment because now I only have to wash breeches every 12 days :cool:

BAC
Nov. 20, 2009, 01:40 PM
Wouldn't you know that I was just wearing the last pair of these that I bought from TOTD this weekend and wishing I had bought a 2nd pair? Now here's my chance, I love them and especially that fawn color.

While I have lots of other breeches, I unfortunately don't fit into most of them at the moment. :(

gf
Nov. 20, 2009, 02:13 PM
Dover also has low rise in a couple of sizes in grey for $99 http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=Z1-35153&tid=froogleCLS&CATALOG_CODE=1X814&EID=X1814001&zmam=1460880&zmas=1&zmac=49&zmap=Z1-35153&bhcd2=1258743791