PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dehners -- what options did you get?

ZIL
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:58 AM
For those of you who have purchased custom Dehners, what leather did you choose? What type of top (traditional, Spanish, or extra-high Spanish)? Punched cap toe?

Giddy-up
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:39 PM
I forget it's been so long. :lol:

I do have them space the lace holes as far apart as their machine will go (more than standard width) & they even add an extra hole.

I have the smooth rubber bottom soles.

No toe cap & no flappy thing either on the top outside of the boot.

They are also fully lined. Little tougher to break in initially, but hold their shape/height better I think.

Mine were sort of flat cut across the top (slight raise on the outside), but I recently took them to a local leather person who made it definitely higher on the outside (I was able to cut out from the back cause they were too tall).

RugBug
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:52 PM
Like Giddy-up it's been a long time so I don't remember everything...

Punched toe cap
Swagger tabs
Fully-lined (definitely harder to break in, but 8 years down the road and they still look fabulous. One dunk/dry in a bucket and they were broken in enough to ride in)
Ribbed sole
Regular top..although like Giddy-up, I'm thinking of having them cut to a more spanish style. Mine still tall enough behind the knee that there is room
Gussets (although I can't remember if that's standard or not)

Ponyclubrocks
Jul. 31, 2009, 03:36 PM
Toe caps, spur rests, Spanish tops, heavier rubber sole (more comfortable for hunting), definitely fully lined. Love them love them, have had four pair over 30 years, still riding in three of them.

BAC
Jul. 31, 2009, 04:41 PM
Mine are dress boots and its been so long I can barely remember. I did get French calf (but not baby calf) and fully lined, to help them remain upright and not drop so much. I also have swagger tabs, which are not sewn down. In those days we did not do Spanish tops so mine are only slightly higher on the outside. They are still beautiful though after all these years.