PDA

View Full Version : New Helmet or Worth Fixing?

neigh.neigh
Jul. 30, 2009, 09:41 PM
The snap on my CO GR8 helmet strap has broken. The snap fell off of the strap part so it wont button anymore. The fabric is pretty much gone where the snap used to be, but the hook still works.

I have been taping the loose end on with black electrical tape but was wondering if anyone had any ideas to fix it since there is a hole where the snap used to be- I cant really put a new snap on. Do you think I could get it fixed by CO somehow?

It is only 3 years old and I use it only as a show helmet. It's in pretty good condition.

mg
Jul. 30, 2009, 09:44 PM
Would a cobbler be able to fix it? I had my half-chap taken to a cobbler when the snap broke...took less than 6 minutes and cost me $3. Even if they can't fix it, it's worth a call to tell them the problem and ask!

Renn/aissance
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:07 AM
I'm sure a cobbler would be able to fix it on the cheap, but double-check Charles Owen's guidelines for replacing your helmet. I know many helmets are considered to have reached life expectancy at four years or one fall.

rottngirl
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:37 AM
Since a helmet only protects your head if it stays on during a fall/landing, I would replace it.

Trusting my head to the local cobbler would just scare me :cool: