PDA

View Full Version : Lientjie Schüler

bossmare18
Jul. 30, 2009, 06:40 PM
Has anyone ever ridden with Lientjie Schüler? I am riding with her this weekend. She is Steffen Peters assistant trainer.

slc2
Jul. 30, 2009, 06:43 PM
I bet you don't have anything to worry about.:D

dressager
Jul. 30, 2009, 10:12 PM
Yes! Lientje is awesome... She is Steffen's assistant and an excellent rider, but most importantly, a brilliant teacher. Very, very effective. Good with all types of horses and very compassionate and obviously loves the horses and the sport. I ride at Steffen's and with her (there) and she is a really great person/rider/teacher/etc...

I just love Lientje... you must live in North Carolina. I just rode with her today and she's leaving tomorrow quite early to teach you guys! I think you'll really enjoy it and really get something out of it!

Say hi to her from "Smiley's owner"...

Dussel
Jul. 30, 2009, 10:29 PM
You will love her. She is awesome! Have fun let us know how you like her.

bossmare18
Jul. 31, 2009, 06:22 AM
I knew she must be good for Andrea to bring her here. I am taking my young/green horse. I have owned him for 2 weeks. It should be fun. I will let you all know how it goes. I ride saturday and sunday.

dressager
Aug. 2, 2009, 04:29 PM
How did it go?

bossmare18
Aug. 2, 2009, 08:27 PM
Oh my gosh! We improved so much from yesterday to today! She was wonderful. I thought I had a decent grasp of the outside rein - I was wrong. But we had several breakthru moments. I had my rides video taped and there was such an improvement. We want her to come back. We are hoping for the end of Sept or beginning of Oct. The person who hosted the clinic wants her to come back and help her prepare for the championships in Va the middle of Nov. We have lots of work to do until she comes back. My horse is young and green, so we need to build up some fitness in him. We had a great time - I enjoyed watching the other lessons. A lot of people canceled because of the heat. Well the weather was cool - yesterday was overcast and comfortable. We rode in the rain today, but it was worth it. I was so excited and proud of my horse. I have only had him a few weeks and he was a rock star. I can't wait until she comes back, maybe more people can come next time!

I still can't believe that I rode my young horse in the clinic - I am a timid AA -this was a big deal for me.

I would recommend her to everyone!

FancyFree
Aug. 2, 2009, 08:47 PM
I still can't believe that I rode my young horse in the clinic - I am a timid AA -this was a big deal for me.

I would recommend her to everyone!

That's so great! I'm actually next door to them (I board next to SP's place). My fellow boarder, who has taken lessons with her, keeps pushing me to go take a lesson. But I have a young horse who is not always well behaved, so I have resisted. I've gotten nothing but positive feedback about her though. Your experience is encouraging! Thanks!

dressager
Aug. 2, 2009, 11:04 PM
I'm so glad you had such a great clinic. I sent Lientje the link to this thread this morning so that she could see it when she got home...
FancyFree- I've often wondered about the barn above us... You should call her for a lesson!