PDA

View Full Version : Edward Gal interview & working in video

dressageUK
Jul. 30, 2009, 02:30 PM
Thought you all would enjoy this vid: http://www.horsehero.com/1178/23070/23068

It's Edward Gal at Hickstead last weekend, an interview then the working in for his freestyle test (BTW the other rider in the warm up ring is Laura Bechtolsheimer).

Enjoy Very Happy

mbm
Jul. 30, 2009, 03:54 PM
that is a nice tape. i actually *like* what i saw in the warm-up. i just wish EG would ride him that way in the show arena. :)

a side note: it will be interesting to see the changes in EG's training now that he isn't with AVG/SJ anymore ....

and "ToTo" looks to have an amazing temperament :)

Forte
Jul. 30, 2009, 08:13 PM
I love how he kisses Toto's nose at the end!

slc2
Jul. 30, 2009, 08:17 PM
That is definitely one overly happy horse!

StarDoozer
Jul. 30, 2009, 08:25 PM
Absolutely fantastic. What a horse.

And let's not forget Edward and Lingh at the 2005 World Cup- I remember watching that and thinking, "wow, to make transitions like that!!" This man is a brillant, brillant rider. Just wow.

Hazelnut
Jul. 30, 2009, 08:49 PM
Great video - thanks!

wbhorseusa
Jul. 30, 2009, 09:36 PM
Great Video, thanks for posting it. Ok, the horse looks more impressive in that video than he does in the other ones we have seen of him so far.

Impressive.

Hazelnut
Jul. 30, 2009, 09:45 PM
Absolutely fantastic. What a horse.

And let's not forget Edward and Lingh at the 2005 World Cup- I remember watching that and thinking, "wow, to make transitions like that!!" This man is a brillant, brillant rider. Just wow.

He is a brilliant rider and he has a nice way about him.

FabulousPixie
Jul. 31, 2009, 04:33 AM
that video is great.

And of the test, this one is good: There is no annoying commentary:

http://horseandcountry.tv/episode/Edward-Gal-and-Moorlands-Totilas-Record-Breaking-WDM-Kur

bort84
Jul. 31, 2009, 10:52 AM
I don't think Totilas looks so much different in the warm up than in the ring. Many horses gear up when they hit the ring, they know when it's show time. I think that's the mark of a great performer and of a horse that likes his job. I also think he seems to be able to keep his head rather admirably while under the additional stress.

The fact that he does appear to "gear up" a bit in the ring may also be why he is less free through his neck in his extensions at this point. He just might not be quite ready to let all that energy uncoil smoothly. I bet this gets better as he gets older = ) I love him! I'd guess most ammies (and many pros) couldn't ride him, but I'd sure like to give it a shot, haha.

mickeydoodle
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:21 PM
I could not make it work- came up with an error message

mickeydoodle
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:46 PM
I made it work, that is an amazing horse and rider!