PDA

View Full Version : Jingles for Victoria Middleton of Acworth, GA/Univ S.C.

ChocoMare
Jul. 30, 2009, 12:44 PM
While I don't know her (came across this article during lunch), I thought that someone here might. Regardless, jingles/prayers to Victoria during her recovery. :sadsmile:

http://www.mdjonline.com/content/index/showcontentitem/area/1/section/15/item/137314.html

Published: 07/29/2009

Victoria Middleton suffered a brain injury when a horse she was bathing was spooked and knocked her into a fence. She then fell and hit her head on concrete.

By Kim Isaza
kisaza@mdjonline.com

COBB COUNTY - Victoria Middleton, a well-known Acworth native and star equestrian at the University of South Carolina, is recovering from a brain injury after a horse stable accident last week.

Middleton, 20, a 2007 graduate of Kell High School, was in Bennington, Vt., on Friday, preparing for a horse competition when the horse she was bathing became suddenly spooked and broke the fencing to which it was tied. The fence rail hit Victoria in the face and knocked her down, where she hit her head on cement, according to her family's posting at CaringBridge.com, a Web site created to help families keep friends updated on a hospital patient's condition.

She was airlifted to Albany Medical Center in New York, where she is in critical condition with brain and facial injuries, a family relative says. Victoria's mother, Leslie, and her siblings Britany and William, all of Acworth, are with her, as is her father, Bill, a thoracic surgeon in Florida.

Leslie Middleton wrote on CaringBridge on Tuesday morning: "They removed the 'bolt' that measures intracranial pressure this morning because the pressure in her brain has remained normal. A celebration in itself. The next step is to get her awake more so they can slowly wean her off of the respirator."

Victoria's grandfather, Bob Sutton, was director of public works in Cobb and served as the county engineer in the 1970s and 80s.

Victoria's aunt, Marietta native Lynn Wigington, said, "We're very hopeful. Her parents are looking for every sign of encouragement. Yesterday she gave them a thumbs-up sign."

Wigington said Tuesday evening that Victoria's condition remained the same, although "she's keeping her eyes open more and more and following people around the room, which doctors say is a good sign." Wigington added that doctors "are waiting on a greater state of consciousness so they can remove the (respirator) tube."

Victoria is an equestrian champion on the Gameccks' Hunter Jumper team, and finished second in the flat event at the NCAA Championships in Texas in June. Flat riding is showing a horse in a competition that does not involve jumping.

Wigington said Victoria, a junior who is majoring in business and earned an equestrian scholarship, was spending the summer at a horse farm in Boston, showing horses and taking lessons.

When she was in high school, Victoria spent two or three hours a day riding at Falcon Ridge Stables in Woodstock, said Doug Prusso, who owns the stables with his wife. Victoria's horse, Mel - "the love of her life," her aunt said - was stabled there until recently, when the family was able to move him to their own land, Prusso said.

The family are members of First Baptist Church of Marietta.

Dackri Davis, who is in her second year as Kell's athletic director and has been at Kell since it opened, described Victoria as "an absolute, wonderful student."

"She's a sweetheart. The type of student you wish all of them could be. Their family is a big part of our community here, and our prayers and thoughts are with them."

Victoria's brother, William, graduated from Kell in May.

Wigington said the family is overwhelmed by the support they have received.

"There's a phenomenal network out there. We've got the barn family, the church family, the Gamecock Nation. It's just amazing," she said.
Victoria's CaringBridge.com Web site is:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/victoriamiddleton (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/victoriamiddleton)

MHM
Jul. 30, 2009, 12:51 PM
I hope she makes a full recovery. Best wishes to her family and friends as well during this difficult time.

Arado*TB
Jul. 30, 2009, 07:18 PM
Wishing her well.Prayers for her family.

Brydelle Farm
Jul. 30, 2009, 07:26 PM
Many, Many Jingles for her and her family and friends!!!

Quinn
Jul. 30, 2009, 08:30 PM
Sending jingles and prayers for Victoria, her family and her friends.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

MintHillFarm
Jul. 30, 2009, 09:37 PM
Thinking of her and her family and sending prayers her way...

gg4918
Jul. 30, 2009, 09:44 PM
Yeahh, I was there when that happened, so terrifying. Poor girl.
Sent her prayers and wishing her a full recovery.

carolinagirl191
Jul. 30, 2009, 10:05 PM
Jingles and prayers.
This is one of those freak accidents that no one could imagine and the circumstances would indicate there is a reason some of us (from another thread) wear our helmets whenever we are around our horses.
Again jingles, prayers and a mighty - GO COCKS!!!! from a member of the gamecock nation

mbhorse
Jul. 30, 2009, 10:44 PM
What a horrific, freak accident. Thoughts and prayers going out to her and the family.

worth_the_wait08
Jul. 30, 2009, 10:50 PM
Jingles for Victoria and a full recovery...all of us here in GA are thinking/praying for her :no:

theroanypony
Jul. 31, 2009, 12:08 AM
Here's to hoping for a full recovery. Get well soon, Victoria!

msrobin
Jul. 31, 2009, 01:22 AM
The latest news report.

According to this the horse spooked while being bathed backed up ripped the board off the fence where he was tied which then hit her in the head. So hard that she didn't even brace her fall. That is what knocked her out.
Jingles for her...we are praying as of now she has bleeding on the brain.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Cobb_Co_Woman_Injured_in_Horse_Accident_073009

HuntJumpSC
Jul. 31, 2009, 08:54 AM
Major jingles & prayers for a swift recovery. What a terrible freak accident. :no:

Vandy
Jul. 31, 2009, 09:26 AM
The latest news report.

Actually, Victoria's family is updating her Caring Bridge page regularly, and it really seems like she is making great progress. It sounds like she has an amazing network of family and friends praying and supporting her - adding my prayers and best wishes for a smooth recovery!

Addison
Jul. 31, 2009, 09:32 AM
Huge jingles to Victoria, her family and friends.

Our barn is stabled right next to the wash stall area and we saw the EMTS helping her. Such a scary time for everyone who knows her.

Get better soon Victoria!!!!!!!!!

Addison
Jul. 31, 2009, 09:38 AM
VANDY please check your PMs.

2DaPoint
Aug. 2, 2009, 02:31 AM
Yes, Caring Bridge offers an amazing outlet to the family.
Victoria is the "Little Sister" of a former student of mine and I was curious, concerned, and anxious to hear how she was doing.
The number and variety of people who are pulling for her recovery was pretty overwhelming, and what a great outlet for Mom! To be able to get your feelings down and have things organized so you don't have to say the same thing over and over and over.
SO happy to hear that she is progressing and showing big glimmers of hope to all the people sending jingles.
jingle jingle V!
KD

janedoe726
Sep. 4, 2009, 04:00 PM
Good news update!

The University of South Carolina equestrian program announced today that junior Victoria Middleton was released from the hospital two days early and that Middleton is now at home with her family in Marietta, Ga. Middleton was originally scheduled to be released from the Shepherd Center in Atlanta, Ga. on Fri. Sept. 4, but her doctors cleared her for early release on Wed., Sept. 2.

dani0303
Sep. 4, 2009, 04:06 PM
What great news! While I don't know her personally, I know a few other members of the USC team and they speak very highly of her. Hopefully she'll be back in the saddle in no time!

hideyourheart03
Sep. 4, 2009, 04:36 PM
Great news! I was at HITS Saugerties when this happened. One of my coworkers rides on the USC team and immediately drove to Albany that night to see her. From her reports then, she didn't look like she was doing well, but then again I haven't really heard anything since then. Glad to know she's doing well!

tbhuntergirl
Sep. 4, 2009, 05:50 PM
Just talked to her today, and she's doing great. :) She's coming to Columbia for the first equestrian meet on the 20th.