PDA

View Full Version : quarter horse question

T C Ltd.
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:30 PM
OK so it may seem like a stupid question. Someone told me that if you have a registered quarter horse and you show in the hunters at USEF rated shows and you win the zone or get a national award that the quarter horse association gives out monetary awards to those horses. Anybody know if its true and where you find out more?

Thanks.....

(It is money after all....)

cute_lil_fancy_pants_pony
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:33 PM
Yes. Go to the AQHA website. Saddles, money, fame....!

Luv2Show
Jul. 5, 2009, 11:41 PM
Hmm...I had not heard of this yet. I am hoping for a program like this to come along since I have switched to showing AQHA exclusively for a few years now. They have an affiliation with reining, cutting, rodeo, etc associations...but not USEF for h/j. Which is odd because Dressage just became approved... I dont know what the hold up is. Or hey, perhaps I was under a rock when they announced something different? lol. :D

http://www.aqha.com/association/benefits/awards.html

I know that the APHA has a program. Shows can apply for PAC status and then those shows will report points to the paint horse association.

Now if you win AQHA Zone or World or heck any big show award there is always some kind of prize. Circuit awards for a single show can range from saddles to tack carriers to ipods to camcorders. Youth typically do not receive 'cash' awards but the adult divisions do...depends on the sponsors the show got on board. At the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo adults won $500 per class if they won....plus awards like belt buckles, saddles, coolers, etc.

Plumcreek
Jul. 6, 2009, 02:49 AM
There was (still is??) an award for the highest placing registered QH in each rated division of USEF, given out during the HOTY awards. You had to nominate for the award, AQHA did not hunt you down. A lady at my barn won in Second Year Green for her gelding "Dun Whistlin". She received a $1000. gift certificate from Miller Harness and a permanent bronze horse trophy. Perhaps this program ended when Millers ended. I know the Millers award saddles ended then.

Luv2Show
Jul. 6, 2009, 04:25 AM
Interesting Plum!

I find AQHA to be very nice. Best thing to do is just call them up monday morning. Ive never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get an answer.

T C Ltd.
Jul. 7, 2009, 07:43 AM
THANKS so much! I will definitely call them. I had looked at their website and could not find a thing and didn't want to seem crazy if I called. But now I know there is some validity to it!