PDA

View Full Version : Thinline 1/2 pad vs. contour

Mali
Jul. 5, 2009, 07:11 PM
Other than the shape, is there any functional difference between the Thinline halfpad vs. the Thinline Contour? I'm torn as between which model to get! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hunter Mom
Jul. 5, 2009, 09:20 PM
The contour is slightly larger. If you ride in a 17.5" or larger saddle, it is a better choice according to their website. It also depends on where your horse needs the extra padding.

Come Shine
Jul. 5, 2009, 09:57 PM
I have both the half pad and the contour pad. I like the half pad better because there is a little less bulk under my knee when I jump. My husband rides with the contour because it feels really comfortable for him to hack around with. They are both nice though.

horseluver1
Jul. 5, 2009, 10:36 PM
Do you think there is more bulk with the thinline half-pad than the regular sheepskin half-pads like the ones from Fleeceworks? I have been debating getting one for my daughter. We have the regular thin line pad and horses love it and now want to get one for showing.

luckeys71
Jul. 5, 2009, 10:42 PM
I just got a good deal on the Thinline half pad on eBay, after reading everyone's recommendations on here. It should be here tomorrow. I hope it works as good as everyone says. It was a Buy It Now or Best Offer deal and I made an offer and they accepted and it was free shipping. It doesn't get any better than that!

horseluver1
Jul. 5, 2009, 11:04 PM
wow..I am jealous. Good for you!!! Let me know what you think of it.

Hunter Mom
Jul. 5, 2009, 11:13 PM
Do you think there is more bulk with the thinline half-pad than the regular sheepskin half-pads like the ones from Fleeceworks? I have been debating getting one for my daughter. We have the regular thin line pad and horses love it and now want to get one for showing.

No. I have ridden in both, and chose the ThinLine. I don't find it bulky at all, and Mare loves it. Keep an eye open on eBay - the comfort pads come up fairly often. You can also use the regular ones over your regular shaped pad for showing.

Come Shine
Jul. 6, 2009, 10:30 AM
Not sure if this is what you are talking about but the sheepskin Thinline pad with the shims is really puffy. Very different from a sheepkin half pad. If you put your Thinline half pad on top of your regular sheepskin half pad, you can't even see the Thinline pad.

Iride
Jul. 6, 2009, 02:17 PM
I have the Thinline contour pad and love it. I always pull it up high into the gullet of the saddle, so I haven't felt like it compromises contact with my leg or anything. IMO, though, you can't really go wrong with either one.

horseluver1
Jul. 6, 2009, 10:47 PM
I am interested in the comfort half-pad without the shims. We have not tried taking our thinline and putting it on top of our current halfpad...will try that at a schooling show this weekend. Thanks for everyones input...been very helpful!!!

Sudi's Girl
Jul. 6, 2009, 11:26 PM
I have both the sheepskin and two contour (regular and ultra) and LOVE them all. I can't tell that much of a difference in my comfort, but I do save the sheepskin for mostly showing.

The Sheepskin is definitely thicker than the contours and can alter saddle fit if it's already tight...I have not noticed any change in saddle fit though with the contours - they're fabulous that way.