PDA

View Full Version : Superficial jacket color thread: what color for a grey horse?

Seven-up
Jul. 4, 2009, 10:43 PM
Since it's a slow night...;)

What's your favorite color coat on a grey horse? Medium dapple grey, more grey than white. Of course, by the time I get the horse ready to show and buy the jacket, she probably won't be that color anymore.:winkgrin:

I have a dark grey coat with lavender insidey-parts right now, that I had before I got the horse, and I think it's just a little too much grey on grey on grey on grey...

I'm thinking something brownish, or a light, french blue if I can find it. I HATE navy. HATE it.

What do you like? Bonus points if you have a pic or a link.

Go Fish
Jul. 4, 2009, 11:09 PM
Black with a lavender shirt...

I've got a steel blue coat. It's not navy...has some black or gray in it. You might try that. Sorry, but some sort of blue looks terrific on grays. Try wearing a hot pink shirt...not that crappy pale pink...I mean HOT, dark pink. Looks great.

dghunter
Jul. 4, 2009, 11:38 PM
I have a dark grey coat on my lighter grey horse. When I got the horse he was still a steel grey. It looked fabulous and I receive many compliments on it :) But grey on grey can go horribly, horribly wrong lol.

Seven-up
Jul. 5, 2009, 12:15 AM
Back when I had my other grey horse, when it was either navy or hunter green, I refused to get a navy coat, so my trainer wanted me to get the hunter coat. I didn't want to be like everyone else, so I got a black coat. My trainer wanted to kill me, but black looked great on my mare. What I wouldn't give to have hunter green come back now!

Black is a possibility, maybe with a bright windowpane. Too plain otherwise. Blue is ok, just not generic navy.

I think grey on grey would be ok if the shades were very different, like dg's dark on light. But my coat is practically the same color the horse is, except she doesn't have the lavender plaid.:lol:

I think I'd like a taupe color, maybe with a blue or green shirt, but only if I could get the yellow completely out of her tail. It's a work in progress, but it's sort of platinum blonde right now.

Chocolatey brown might look good too.

mg
Jul. 5, 2009, 12:18 AM
I think a french-blue windowpane would look quite sharp. I just purchased a GP jacket in that color off eBay and it's gorgeous and has a lot more personality than a plain navy jacket. Unfortunately it didn't end up fitting :(

Bubba Boo
Jul. 5, 2009, 09:05 AM
A black coat, with a splash of color from your shirt.:D

mep0726
Jul. 5, 2009, 01:05 PM
I have a lighter colored (almost white) grey, and I show him in either a plain navy jacket or a navy pinstripe jacket (yes, I'm boring) with a light blue shirt underneath. He's such a light grey that I think a grey jacket would look awful on him.

Here's a picture:
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs018.snc1/3006_1046151919705_1402860044_30110450_4162290_n.j pg

ETA: I think a black jacket, especially with a windowpane, would look stunning on a darker grey horse.

Across Sicily
Jul. 7, 2009, 06:32 PM
Basically any shade of blue - I love the French blue idea. Black with a purple, lavender, or even black (don't kill me) shirt underneath would be good too. If you can get it, a dark purple coat would look killer. ;)

Ainsley
Jul. 7, 2009, 06:37 PM
i think that a black coat withred lining would be nice:D

Seven-up
Jul. 7, 2009, 09:22 PM
It's so funny that 15 years ago, all I wanted was a black coat, and it was suuuuuuuuch a no-no then.:lol: I know I wasn't fashion forward. It's more believable that I am from the future. That's how anti-trendy I am.

The black coats are growing on me, with the windowpanes. I still love the French blue, but I haven't found anything in fluffy sizes yet.