PDA

View Full Version : who makes hair bows for SS kids??

hellerkm
Jul. 4, 2009, 12:42 PM
I am looking for some of the BIG bows you see on the ends of the kids braids at the horse shows does anyone know where to order them from??

fair judy
Jul. 4, 2009, 12:56 PM
this is a great website
http://www.pictureperfecthairbows.com/party_bows.htm

i personally like to keep them a little bit smaller than most people, but i am a conservative nellie who also advocates women not to wear anything more than a watch and simple post earrings.....and NO bling.:lol:

hellerkm
Jul. 4, 2009, 01:05 PM
this is a great website
http://www.pictureperfecthairbows.com/party_bows.htm

i personally like to keep them a little bit smaller than most people, but i am a conservative nellie who also advocates women not to wear anything more than a watch and simple post earrings.....and NO bling.:lol:
cool thanks!!!! they are neat,

rfastracehorse
Jul. 4, 2009, 03:33 PM
I personally love the big bows with "tails".

For my daughter who LOVES big bows I buy 3 ribbons. 2 medium and 1 wider. I then attach them to a braiding band and knot on so that once formed they can be reused without having to re-do completely. I then 'bow each ribbon inter linking them so that they fit together nicely...we get alot of compliments on the ribbon and after the first show this season alot of copying. They do push the envelope on conservative for size, but because she is otherwise outfitted conservatively and the colors are in keeping with her clothes it works beautifully.

The dress up portion for the girls is one of th most fun parts of showing for now.

Gry2Yng
Jul. 4, 2009, 05:07 PM
I personally love the big bows with "tails".

For my daughter who LOVES big bows I buy 3 ribbons. 2 medium and 1 wider. I then attach them to a braiding band and knot on so that once formed they can be reused without having to re-do completely. I then 'bow each ribbon inter linking them so that they fit together nicely...we get alot of compliments on the ribbon and after the first show this season alot of copying. They do push the envelope on conservative for size, but because she is otherwise outfitted conservatively and the colors are in keeping with her clothes it works beautifully.

The dress up portion for the girls is one of th most fun parts of showing for now.

Would you post some pictures? My daughter is two this month. Can't WAIT to start showing ponies. She just learned to say "horse" and that horses say "neigh".

chunky munky
Jul. 4, 2009, 05:50 PM
I do not want to be a kill joy here, but feel this should be mentioned. I like the bows too. What I do NOT like is when fashion becomes more important than the horse show and the child's bows obstruct the number for the judge. I have gotten to the point that in a big class if a childs # is obstructed I just assume they don't care if I can see it. This can easily result in no ribbon if entries warrant. Remember that it is not the judges job to search to find you, it is your job as an exhibitor ( no matter how young or how back yard a show) to display your number and your self or pony. Now you can all say I am very mean and crotchety and the little children are just having fun. I assure you that any comment to the contrary will not change my officiating opinion.:lol:

GreystoneKC
Jul. 4, 2009, 06:21 PM
I am looking for some of the BIG bows you see on the ends of the kids braids at the horse shows does anyone know where to order them from??

I make bows for all of my little students and love it. I just think bows are awesome, as long as they don't cover numbers! ;-) I don't do it "professionally" or anything, but have sold a few at shows and things and I think I make them pretty well.
Here is a picture of some I did for my last Devon leadliner. http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2069380280053076870zvYEFX
I could do pretty much anything you'd like. I put them on rubber bands so they are reusable. Let me know if you're interested. :)

hellerkm
Jul. 4, 2009, 10:33 PM
I do not want to be a kill joy here, but feel this should be mentioned. I like the bows too. What I do NOT like is when fashion becomes more important than the horse show and the child's bows obstruct the number for the judge. I have gotten to the point that in a big class if a childs # is obstructed I just assume they don't care if I can see it. This can easily result in no ribbon if entries warrant. Remember that it is not the judges job to search to find you, it is your job as an exhibitor ( no matter how young or how back yard a show) to display your number and your self or pony. Now you can all say I am very mean and crotchety and the little children are just having fun. I assure you that any comment to the contrary will not change my officiating opinion.:lol:

I will be SURE to remember this point!! I bet it does get very annoying!!!

MHM
Jul. 5, 2009, 06:57 AM
What Chunky Munky said.

I usually post the same thing on any thread regarding bows, but this time CM beat me to it. It also includes the hair below the bow. Every judge I've ever talked to has had the same opinion.

Basically if I can't SEE the number, I can't USE the number.

mvp
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:08 AM
But then don't be hatin' on the western pleasure bling. You are edging toward it. You know you want it.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

"Hi, I'm mvp and I'm an old h/j bling hound...."

You can do it.

SaddleFitterVA
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:16 AM
Very cute bows, but OMG! Those are HUGE! I had no idea that the bows were starting to get as big as the helmet!

GreystoneKC
Jul. 5, 2009, 11:53 AM
Very cute bows, but OMG! Those are HUGE! I had no idea that the bows were starting to get as big as the helmet!

Hahaha! True! I have seen some that are even bigger than mine! I can make them smaller too, but those green bows were for Devon in particular (i think the kid only ever did 2 other shows!), and we all know the Devon leadliners *do* nothing but sit there and pose pretty!

But heck, we got a 4th that year, so I'm NOT complaining! ;)

LShipley
Jul. 5, 2009, 06:02 PM
Big bows look so cute on the little girls hopping over jumps on the ponies at the show. I agree that you need to be careful not to conceal the number - but as long as their hair is not much past their shoulders, this shouldn't be an issue.

buffettfan40
Jul. 5, 2009, 06:50 PM

My friend and I make tasteful appropriate sized bows for our daughters and have sold a few to a number of people. Send me a pm if you are interested.

RockinHorse
Jul. 5, 2009, 07:07 PM
I guess I am just an old fogey, but I hate the trend toward the huge bows.

RumoursFollow
Jul. 5, 2009, 07:44 PM
The Custom Fox has someone making them for them and they sell them the cheapest I've seen. My small pony kid bought a few from them in KY. They are somewhere in MI and I don't know if they have a website but they are super helpful if you call them.. Ah hah! Found a receipt- they are in Lambertville, MI and the number is 734-854-1111. I wann say they were $20. Totally worth the money to save the hassle with how pretty they are.

llsc
Jul. 6, 2009, 07:14 AM
You can make them yourself very easily and cheaply.

I buy the metal clip kind of barrette that hold a lot of hair. They sell them at Michaels or you can pick up some at the dollar store and tear whatever they have attached to them off. I buy three types of ribbon, one plaid to match the jacket, one sheer and one solid and then just tie a perfect bow and glue it on to the metal bow using Fabric Tac glue. They are perfectly tied and stay flat against the kids back that way.

I've also found some adorable ones at the dollar stores on occasion.

hellerkm
Jul. 6, 2009, 06:26 PM
You can make them yourself very easily and cheaply.

I buy the metal clip kind of barrette that hold a lot of hair. They sell them at Michaels or you can pick up some at the dollar store and tear whatever they have attached to them off. I buy three types of ribbon, one plaid to match the jacket, one sheer and one solid and then just tie a perfect bow and glue it on to the metal bow using Fabric Tac glue. They are perfectly tied and stay flat against the kids back that way.

I've also found some adorable ones at the dollar stores on occasion.
I am pretty crafty, and can sew, knit, crochet ect, I really should just try to make them!! I my spare time LOL!!! but really I will try!

gmv567
Jul. 7, 2009, 09:03 AM
The Custom Fox has someone making them for them and they sell them the cheapest I've seen. My small pony kid bought a few from them in KY. They are somewhere in MI and I don't know if they have a website but they are super helpful if you call them.. Ah hah! Found a receipt- they are in Lambertville, MI and the number is 734-854-1111. I wann say they were $20. Totally worth the money to save the hassle with how pretty they are.

The website is http://www.customfox.com/.

IsolaBella09
Jul. 7, 2009, 05:44 PM
Bevals has some nice ones.
http://www.beval.com/Products/Girls-Show-Bows/6302003.aspx

passthepony
Jul. 7, 2009, 09:13 PM
I order really nice monogram bows from www.sugarandspiceaccessories.com also google old dalton farm NY, the owner Kristen makes really nice big bows!
;)

Julie523
Jul. 7, 2009, 10:03 PM
I make all kinds of ribbon bows. Check out my website:

www.JLRibbonGear.com (http://www.jlribbongear.com)

I can make them custom to what you'd like for your kid, too. Just send me a message via the website.

Cenzina
May. 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
www.cenzinacouture.com

Lives2Jump
May. 24, 2012, 04:19 PM
There is a vendor at Pony Finals that has the best bows. That is primarily what she sells. I don't know the name of the vendor though.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/302601_2375590437581_1485182710_32670160_6639149_n .jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425445_10100256566535767_36613645_44056410_1713663 246_n.jpg

michelledunn
Dec. 31, 2012, 11:27 AM
Ponies & Bows have beautiful show bows and she makes them in what ever color that you want. My daughter has different ones that match all of her blouses. Check it out on FB

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ponies-Bows/318570088253956

michelledunn
Dec. 31, 2012, 11:28 AM
Check out Ponies & Bows she has beautiful ones

michelledunn
Dec. 31, 2012, 11:30 AM
Check out Ponies & Bows they are beautiful with a lot of ribbon and last forever.

vxf111
Dec. 31, 2012, 12:14 PM
www.cenzinacouture.com

Did you really bump a three year old thread just to pimp your own website. Speshul!

vxf111
Dec. 31, 2012, 12:16 PM
Check out Ponies & Bows they are beautiful with a lot of ribbon and last forever.

Are you affiliated with this company?

Mamy
Dec. 31, 2012, 09:52 PM
I will toot my own horn here, and say I make bows, we are on FB and have a website. Dream Girl Bows. Www.dreamgirlbows.com

OneonOne
Dec. 31, 2012, 10:23 PM
Are you affiliated with this company?

Also convenient: Ponies and Bows joined facebook only 23 hours ago!

vxf111
Dec. 31, 2012, 11:17 PM
Should we retitle this thread "advertise your business here"?

twhs
May. 23, 2014, 06:13 PM
Just saw this really old thread and thought I should that I should add that I make horse show hair bows for short stirrup pony kids. And leadline riders and the girls in pony hunters. Some of my bows are sold at Dover Saddlery in Chantilly, Virginia. Been doing that for a couple of years. But just recently, I began selling on Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/bowdanglesshowbows (Sorry, don't know how to do a link here) and most recently, I took the huge plunge and started a website -- [url]www.bowdangleshorseshowbows.com

I'm having a lot of fun. Not quite as much as taking my granddaughter to the shows but it's close. Pony moms who buy my bows, send me pictures of their kids and suddenly, I have a whole new bunch of friends. And, guess what! Three of my bows will be in the Devon leadline class!!!

jr
May. 23, 2014, 06:24 PM
I'll be the grinch. I appreciate the workmanship all of you put into your bows. They're really cute on lead line kids. But I HATE them on the pony kids. Many look ridiculous especially when you have a kid outgrowing her large pony wearing hair bows. Ridiculous. So cliche. Yes, I admit, I'm a grinch.

twhs
May. 23, 2014, 06:51 PM
You're not a grinch! Everything has to fit or its not right. I actually hate a lot of the bows you see on the leadline kids -- especially at the big shows. But if everyone is having fun and it's kind of a dress up thing and part of a tradition. Its all what you are accustomed to???

quicksilverponies
May. 23, 2014, 06:58 PM
bows4shows.com - she is a friend of mine and can print on the bows as well as design custom bows for you child

twhs
May. 23, 2014, 07:35 PM
Quicksilver -- and you have some very very nice ponies!