PDA

View Full Version : What to do with baby pads?

supershorty628
Jul. 4, 2009, 05:51 AM
I have a ton of baby pads from various horse shows - they are all monogrammed - but I can't use them on Nikki because they slide out from under my saddle. What do you do with your baby pads if you can't use them? Right now, they're just sitting in a pile in my room doing nothing. Suggestions, please and thanks!

2 tbs
Jul. 4, 2009, 06:06 AM
Well. If you have no desire to use them in the future you could donate them to a rescue who could make quilts or something out of them - or use them as intended should they have horses being ridden.

You could also donate them to a theraputic riding school or something like that.

Otherwise just keep them and use them on other horses in the future.

That's all I can think of. I've been awake for 22 hours at this point so the brain isn't as creative as usual! :winkgrin:

broughton_sporthorses
Jul. 4, 2009, 06:19 AM
You can use them as dog mats/beds... I've seen a few people do that.

MintHillFarm
Jul. 4, 2009, 06:31 AM
You could use them as car seat covers for your dogs, if you have any.

Or donate them to the SPCA, they are always looking for items to use as beds. Maybe your vet too could use them.

Or keep for future horses!

FindersKeepers
Jul. 4, 2009, 08:53 AM
well there are ways to get around the sliding. If you pick up one of these http://www.doversaddlery.com/no-slip-saddle-pad/p/X1-1941/cn/102/ and then you can use it without slipping. You could also have billet loops added and/or girth loops to help keep them in place.

If you want to go a different direction, You could have them made into a quilt. I recently put one of these together for a mom that wanted to document her daughter's pony years. The pony saddle pads didn't fit her new saddle and horse, so rather than have them sit around in a box, we went this direction. I wish I would have taken a picture before I gave the finished product to her...

EquineRider
Jul. 4, 2009, 09:24 AM
I'll take them! Haha.

But seriously, I'll pay shipping. I love baby pads and monogrammed or not, I'll take them off your hands!

phoenix mom
Jul. 4, 2009, 10:03 AM
The non-slip rubber things work great. If you have some unused pads sew two together and stuff them. They make great floor pillows to take to college. Put a zipper in or velcro and you can wash them.

dghunter
Jul. 4, 2009, 10:27 AM
The no slip pad is WONDERFUL! My baby pads were always slipping out from under the saddle on my guy so I got one of the no slip pads and no more slipping :)

Lucassb
Jul. 4, 2009, 03:28 PM
I have girth loops put on mine - it costs very little and then they don't slip at all. I hate when pads bunch up under the tack; it seems like that would be very uncomfortable for the poor horse!!

Pirateer
Jul. 4, 2009, 04:26 PM
Ebay them! I buy stuff like that all the time.... (baby pads en masse, i mean, not other peoples monogrammed stuff)

jds
Jul. 4, 2009, 06:15 PM
put a non-slip halfpad on top and your baby pads will stay in place: http://www.ecogold.ca/en/products/hj700.php

toxicity
Jul. 4, 2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe make pillows out of them? Stitch one side, stuff fluff, stitch the other side. Never tried it but it sounds like it could work.

eventer12
Jul. 4, 2009, 06:21 PM
At a previous barn we had baby pads with the farm logo. As a gift some on took the baby pads, folded them in half (with the monogram showing) and filled them with cotton/batting and sewed it together to make a cute pillow.
I still have mine and it has held up great. It is pretty comfortable, makes a nice decoration, and, in your case, could serve as a momento from shows.