PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Southern Pines Pony Club??

Limerick
Jul. 3, 2009, 08:11 PM
We've been thinking of moving to Southern Pines at some point. I'd love to get a better feel for the area and thought Pony Club would be a great way to get to know the area in terms of kid and pony related activities. I've tried googling but didn't find anything. Anyone have some info?

billie
Jul. 3, 2009, 08:34 PM
Moore County Pony Club.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rrraaddd/

We transferred from another PC last year and have enjoyed it. They're active and friendly and very focused on the kids.

They also have a small Horsemasters group that is getting more active as it grows.

piaffequeen
Jul. 3, 2009, 08:39 PM
I do believe its the Moore County Pony Club-website is http://home.earthlink.net/~rrraaddd or just google Moore County Pony Club. They are on their 32 year as a pony club.

Welcome to Southern Pines!

Limerick
Jul. 3, 2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks so much!! What is the age range of the members would you say? My girls are ten and six. :)

billie
Jul. 3, 2009, 08:57 PM
8 or so up to 18/19 years - a big batch of 10-12's who are mostly D's getting ready to rate up.

My daughter is 12 and she has been really happy with the group. We don't even live in Moore County - but it's an easier haul to most of the activities than the PC we transferred out of, plus we love Southern Pines and will probably move down there at some point.

The MCPC has several parents who are members of the private Moore County Hounds group, so the PC'ers get invited to ride with them several times a year. At least one parent is part of the Moore County Driving Club, so while that isn't a PC discipline, there is a lot of opportunity there if any of the kids want to pursue that.

The group is very community-oriented, encouraging members to volunteer at local shows, horse trials, keeping the Moss Foundation trails clear, etc. I really like that aspect - it's as much about the riding community at large as about "pony club."

UNCeventer
Jul. 3, 2009, 10:54 PM
I am a PC A graduate and have one more rating to apprentice before I am a national examiner. I used to be near Eno Triangle because thats where I went to school. I have helped Moore County out a little when I was in the area in the winters only. I just moved to SP in june and am hoping to become more active. Hope you decide to get involved with the PC!