PDA

View Full Version : Pikeur breeches: what is the color most appropriate for the hunters?

APirateLooksAtForty
Jul. 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
Trying to order some but there are SO many color choices! What is closest to TS beige? Thanks!

Two Black Cats
Jul. 3, 2009, 03:09 PM
The Safari color is what most everyone is wearing at the shows, and is closest to the TS Tan - I don't think that Pikeur has anything close to the greenish-beige (at least not that I've seen!).

They're great breeches - I love mine!!

Lucassb
Jul. 3, 2009, 03:15 PM
I agree. My Pikeur safari breeches are quite similar to my tan TS pants. I got the Ciara's and love, love, love them!!

Happy shopping!

Two Black Cats
Jul. 3, 2009, 03:19 PM
One more thought...if you like the Pikeurs, you might also try the Tailored Sportsman Victory breeches - in the Professional (microfiber) fabric. Very comfy and about $50 cheaper!

APirateLooksAtForty
Jul. 3, 2009, 05:00 PM
hmmmm ... on equusnow, they don't seem to carry safari. thoughts?

mestel
Jul. 3, 2009, 05:30 PM
For all you short people out there who have tried these pants on...are they SUPER long? Or is it just me? Do you just deal with it?

broughton_sporthorses
Jul. 3, 2009, 11:02 PM
Bamboo is like a dark-ish, warm beige. No green tint though. They are very nice.

Lucassb
Jul. 4, 2009, 09:45 AM
hmmmm ... on equusnow, they don't seem to carry safari. thoughts?

Call Rose at Equusnow... bet she can get them for you. She is terrific to work with :)

Elementgrl2
Jul. 4, 2009, 11:54 AM
Safari color 7959 is what color you want. :)

mbmarsh
Jul. 6, 2009, 02:02 PM
Wait! Are people showing in the Ciaras? Aren't they front zip? Don't tell me it has become appropriate to show in front zips? Really?

That would be awesome! I hate side zips with a passion!!!

Or are we talking about the Pikeur Victory breeches that are side zip....

Just wondering

touchstone-
Jul. 6, 2009, 03:47 PM
I agree. My Pikeur safari breeches are quite similar to my tan TS pants. I got the Ciara's and love, love, love them!!

Happy shopping!

How does fit compare with Tailoreds?

Tha Ridge
Jul. 6, 2009, 04:13 PM
Wait! Are people showing in the Ciaras? Aren't they front zip? Don't tell me it has become appropriate to show in front zips? Really?

That would be awesome! I hate side zips with a passion!!!

Or are we talking about the Pikeur Victory breeches that are side zip....

Just wondering

Front zips are the new trendy thing, especially with the Euro seat. I've been wearing my TS Trophy Hunters and my Pikeur Ciara's everywhere.

BAC
Jul. 6, 2009, 04:42 PM
For all you short people out there who have tried these pants on...are they SUPER long? Or is it just me? Do you just deal with it?

I have some older Pikeurs and yes, the regular length is super long, in fact they are comparable to the Long length in other brands.

mbmarsh
Jul. 7, 2009, 09:47 AM
Anybody else showing in front zips? I don't want to look like a goon if I go out there in mine, but that thought is way more appealing than trying to squeeze into my side zip Ariats.......

APirateLooksAtForty
Jul. 7, 2009, 06:57 PM
Yes, front zips are the new cool thing. :D

hellerkm
Jul. 7, 2009, 07:19 PM
Yes, front zips are the new cool thing. :D

I can't keep up!!:no:

luckeys71
Jul. 7, 2009, 09:28 PM
Me, either! Now, if rust breeches would just come back! Back when they were all the rage, I swore I'd never ever wear them, because they were ugly(I said the same about green-beige side zips and ask me how many pairs of those are in my closet!), then I bowed to peer pressure and found that they didn't show dirt! What a great idea. Loved them forever after, but sadly, they soon were passed by by the green-beige side zips. I HAVE refused to ever wear my belt buckled on the side! I'm not a total slave to fashion!

Philosopher
Jul. 7, 2009, 09:35 PM
luckeys, rust breeches are coming back in style! Lucky you!:lol: FWIW, I wear my belt to the side with side zips and to the front with front zips. Don't want to have to take my belt all the way off in the portapot; that's just a disaster waiting to happen!:winkgrin:

trv_at_tacf
Jul. 17, 2009, 11:06 AM
Which model of Pikeurs come in the Euro seat? It doesnt say that the Ciara's have that.

BAC
Jul. 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
Which model of Pikeurs come in the Euro seat? It doesnt say that the Ciara's have that.

I know for sure both the Ciara and the Victory breeches have the Euro seat, probably any of their knee patch breeches have it, except maybe the Winner. I have old (5-7 years) knee patch Pikeurs that have the Euro seat.

Edited to add: I just looked at the Tack Box's website and they show a back view of the Victory breeches without a Euro seat. I tried them on last weekend and could swear they had them though. I know the Ciara breeches do. Did you look on Farmhouse Tack's website? They have a big selection of Pikeurs, and they answer questions by email almost immediately, or better yet call them.

BAC
Jul. 17, 2009, 11:19 AM
. . . Now, if rust breeches would just come back!

They are. Did you see the July 10 issue of COTH? They have a big picture of Danny Robertshaw, Grand Champion at Deer Run in the hunter division, wear rust breeches and riding a TB too.

Coreene
Jul. 17, 2009, 11:24 AM
I can't keep up!!:no:

Oh good lord, it's a zipper - how scary that people feel they have to. And that's not a potshot at you, it's just a serious :dead: that people even bother to worry about where the zipper is.

Rhody Ram
Jul. 27, 2009, 01:52 AM
Has anyone seen the cream colored Pikeurs? How light is it? I might buy a pair of the Ciaras from Amira. Is it okay for shows or should I stay with Safari?

DancingQueen
Jul. 27, 2009, 02:15 AM
How much do they cost?

I'm also feeling the ciara safari is the way to go but I'm thinking since this is a german product it may be cheaper to buy them from a store over there?
I know it's sneaky but I figured I'd go to Bevals and figure out my size and then see if I could order them cheaper from Germany online.

forestergirl99
Jul. 27, 2009, 02:27 AM
Now, if rust breeches would just come back!

George Morris would love that!! :lol: But I mean what ever he wears should be considered in style! hahaha. :yes:

Rhody Ram
Jul. 27, 2009, 08:28 AM
They are about 200 (w/ shipping) from Amira Shop. They have a sale on my size in Cream for about 170 w/ shipping so I was trying to see if those would be appropriate or if i should stick to Safari. Definitely buying them from overseas, not paying $300!

BAC
Jul. 27, 2009, 10:00 AM
Has anyone seen the cream colored Pikeurs? How light is it? I might buy a pair of the Ciaras from Amira. Is it okay for shows or should I stay with Safari?

I just saw Pikeur breeches labeled "light tan" in our tack shop last week and they are too light IMO, cream is definitely the right way to describe them, they are almost white. Not sure if they are the same as the "cream" color but that is sure what they looked like.

EAY
Jul. 27, 2009, 02:14 PM
They are about 200 (w/ shipping) from Amira Shop.

Wish I had known this last week. I just got a pair at a tack shop. It really doesn't make sense that they are so much less even when you include shipping from the UK plus the VAT.

AppendixQHLover
Jul. 27, 2009, 03:33 PM
I told myself that once I hit my goal weight the first thing I am buying myself is a pair of pikeurs. I could probably squeeze in them now...but would rather until I look better in them.

Rhody Ram
Jul. 27, 2009, 07:17 PM
Wish I had known this last week. I just got a pair at a tack shop. It really doesn't make sense that they are so much less even when you include shipping from the UK plus the VAT.

Buying from the US you don't have to pay the VAT.

Okay sounds like a no on the cream color. Will hold out for the safari.

Gry2Yng
Jul. 27, 2009, 07:30 PM
What is the Euro seat?

Rhody Ram
Jul. 27, 2009, 07:38 PM
Also called a contour seat. Looks like full seat but with knee patches and the same fabric is used for the seat. It is more flattering than the regular breech style. http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productClassId=6875 see the rear view photo

chawley
Jul. 28, 2009, 12:30 PM
Me, either! Now, if rust breeches would just come back! Back when they were all the rage, I swore I'd never ever wear them, because they were ugly(I said the same about green-beige side zips and ask me how many pairs of those are in my closet!), then I bowed to peer pressure and found that they didn't show dirt! What a great idea. Loved them forever after, but sadly, they soon were passed by by the green-beige side zips. I HAVE refused to ever wear my belt buckled on the side! I'm not a total slave to fashion!

I just showed in my rust Tailored Sportsmans two weekends ago. I love rust! I also love the new Trophy breeches, although I prefer to stay w/ the side zip, I think it's more flattering on my figure. To each their own.....:)

Rhody Ram
Jul. 28, 2009, 03:18 PM
I wear rust!

Pirateer
Jul. 28, 2009, 05:35 PM
Safari is the color you want. Looks nicer than normal TS green-beige.

BAC
Jul. 29, 2009, 10:16 AM
I just showed in my rust Tailored Sportsmans two weekends ago. I love rust! I also love the new Trophy breeches, although I prefer to stay w/ the side zip, I think it's more flattering on my figure. To each their own.....:)

Have you tried the Pikeur Victory breeches? They are the same style as the TS Trophy and the Pikeur Ciara (but without the euro seat) but with a side zip. I like their fit better than the Trophy.

Rust is my favorite color breech. :yes:

trv_at_tacf
Aug. 7, 2009, 12:52 AM
I wear my Rust TS all the time. And i love the Trophy ones as well. Can anyone tell me how the Pikeur sizes are compared to TS??

I just won a pair on ebay brand new with tags, sz. 28 Victory side zip Safari color, for $110. :eek: Now I have alll TS in size 30, but the waste lines are usually slightly big, and everywhere else isnt big, but it isnt too tight either. But i also wear all of my moms old riding pants from when she was my age and all of them are size 28, and they'r fine. Not sure of brands, they are all different. I just hope these fit! I couldnt pass up the chance, and If not, im sure i will have no problem re-selling them and makin my money back!!