PDA

View Full Version : Found a way to not grip with your knees...

AppendixQHLover
Jul. 3, 2009, 12:45 PM
Get stitches in your leg above the knee. Every time you go to grip it will hurt a lot and will cause pain. :D :rofl:

jumperlover101
Jul. 3, 2009, 12:47 PM
are you riding with stiches in?

AppendixQHLover
Jul. 3, 2009, 12:52 PM
I did for 15 minutes before I had to get off with the almost puking feeling. I am off the horse until next week. The stitches will have been in for a week by than.

jumperlover101
Jul. 3, 2009, 01:04 PM
You should deffinitly not be riding with stitches in. Riding can pull on the stitches and pull them out. I had 23 stitches on my right thigh after having a jump cup pin go straight into my leg, 1 1/2 inches, and about 1/4 in. from my bone, so I would know. I'm not trying to be mean or bossy, just thinking about what's best for you and if you're in pain while riding, good chance the horse is feeling your stress and it'll reflect on him.

tikihorse2
Jul. 3, 2009, 02:03 PM
Ouch!! I have to say, only horse people... :lol:

Please do stay off the horses till your knee is healed. You don't want to give yourself worse complications.

Kim

AppendixQHLover
Jul. 3, 2009, 05:40 PM
I am staying off the horse until Wednesday that will be one week. My trainer is giving him a week of bootcamp. He needs her sometimes to remind him what his job his.

jumperlover101
Jul. 3, 2009, 05:46 PM
I'm still going to say that's not good. You won't heal as quick and if you do, the tissue and muscle will be a bit out of place, even if you can't see that it's like that. If you still want to ride with stitches in, go right ahead! It's your body!

AppendixQHLover
Jul. 3, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'm still going to say that's not good. You won't heal as quick and if you do, the tissue and muscle will be a bit out of place, even if you can't see that it's like that. If you still want to ride with stitches in, go right ahead! It's your body!

I actually called the dr and cleared it with him today. He said no sonner than a week. I have 6 stitches in the thigh area because of a mole removal.

Hunter Mom
Jul. 3, 2009, 10:29 PM
I actually called the dr and cleared it with him today. He said no sonner than a week. I have 6 stitches in the thigh area because of a mole removal.

And don't get them out too early, either. I had stitches above my knee, had them removed, got home and the spot popped back wide open. Nasty! Had to have the whole thing redone, which wasn't fun.