PDA

View Full Version : Classic Equine Open Front Boots

*jumper*
Jul. 2, 2009, 09:33 PM
Anyone have any experience with these? I'm doing a few jumper shows at the Oaks next month and don't want to spend a ton on boots, especially since I have TBoots. They just aren't cleaning up too great so I'm looking into some alternatives.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-04037&ids=697632445

Also, would you get black or brown? My tack is dark brown so I'm wondering if the brown will be too light and look weird. Thanks for the input :)

mypaintwattie
Jul. 3, 2009, 01:58 PM
Classic Equine makes some really nice, durable products. If it is just for one show I wouldn't hesitate to try them. You might want to get the brown and see if they will oil, but I don't imagine the black would look bad in the jumper ring.

*jumper*
Jul. 3, 2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks! Yeah I'm not usually a fan of black leather stuff but these are waxed leather boots so I'm not sure how well that will take oil. I guess either way would work since both colors will be a little off from the rest of my tack. I'll just ride so fast no one will notice... :yes:

mypaintwattie
Jul. 3, 2009, 06:02 PM
You know, you might as well go with the the black if you are afraid of how the lighter brown will look. With as many t-boots and eskies as we see in black, they won't look out of place. Otherwise, unless your t-boots are absolutely thrashed those would probably work just as well.

Good luck- perhaps see you there!

HunterEquJumper
Jul. 3, 2009, 08:01 PM
I have them in black. They are actually extremely soft. I don't think they will oil well but they are pretty durable and easy to clean.

*jumper*
Jul. 3, 2009, 08:53 PM
Sounds like I should go with black...Stateline has them super duper cheap so I may just have to order those up :)

the lady of shalott
Jul. 4, 2009, 12:08 AM
I just bought a pair from Dover, I got the brown and I have a super dark saddle to. Mine are WAY to big tho, so I'm having to send them back for another pair. But I liked the feel of them, but they are VERY waxed and some of the dye had come off in the package. I dunno why tho =/