PDA

View Full Version : Fashion in the Hunter ring:

HobbyHorse101
Jul. 2, 2009, 09:16 PM
I'm looking to get into the horse-fashion industry once I'm out of school and I would love to be able to have some sort of background in designing before I go to college for it and as a hey this is what I've done. So I would like some opinions on a shad I would like to make for myself..

What would you think of a dark brown pinstripe shad (pink pin stripes) with a leopard print lining, and pink points. I'm not thinking a loud pink either but a softer pink that has a touch of cream color to it. The lining you would of course only see when the tails fly up, but I have leopard for my cross country horse and it is a very classy look (Its not loud like one would think) The horses I ride are bays..

Any opinions/suggestions are appreaciated! :yes:

spmoonie
Jul. 2, 2009, 09:23 PM
Umm, I think it would most definitely look very neat(I like the idea! :D), however, it would not be legal to show in. Shads are worn for formal classes and brown is not considered a formal color

dghunter
Jul. 2, 2009, 09:28 PM
Definitely not in the classics where you would be wearing a shad!

Even in a regular coat I'm not sure I would be interested... It just sounds too busy to me. I like color. One of the favorite coats I've seen was grey with purple pin stripes and purple lining. The purple was very soft and GORGEOUS. But adding a print into it I think would have made it just too busy. Sorry :( I guess I'm still a little more conservative than I thought :lol:

HobbyHorse101
Jul. 2, 2009, 09:34 PM
Darn, I know I could get away with it at Paint/Quarter shows so maybe I'll just have to wear it there :winkgrin:
I currently have a brown coat and it just looks fantastic on my bays. But I completetly forgot about the colors, lets see navy and black are the classic colors correct? I like having something unique but a touch classy and not loud, so I will have to find a color combination to wear in classics. What about a black coat with gold (A very rich gold) lining and nice shiny gold points ;)

I had a thought as a friend of mine has zebra on her cross country horse, but a black coat with silver lining and zebra points :eek:

chukkerchild
Jul. 2, 2009, 09:36 PM
Brown is not formal for a shad, but i would buy that to wear to school as a blazer, it sounds awesome

HobbyHorse101
Jul. 2, 2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks!! It completely slipped my mind about brown not being a classic color I can't belive I did that :eek: I love figuring out color combinations that are not to loud (Say neons ect) and still have a touch of tradition, and alot of elegance. :yes: