PDA

View Full Version : Robert Murphy "B" Show - Who's Here?

Montanas_Girl
Jul. 2, 2009, 01:22 PM
I heard entries are down 40% from last year. This is my first year, so I can't compare, but it definintely feels light. I left the show grounds at 11 am today, and the Murphy ring was nearly ready to start its last division.

I'm loving the cooler weather! The new footing in the Stoneleigh and the warm-up ring is interesting. I like that it doesn't seem to fly up and cake onto boots, hooves, etc. the way sand does.

So, who is here and what are you showing in? I'm doing a few Special rounds to get my guy in the ring some, and then we'll be in the Intermediate Adults this weekend.

findeight
Jul. 2, 2009, 02:53 PM
Ya know, I was planning to go to this one...until I got the prize list.

Cost me the same as a AA...almost, oh, I think I figured about 550/600 to get out of the office at check out-for 2 unrated divisions. My classes were spread over 4 days, horse would have had to ship in Tuesday and not home till Sunday night-if not Monday if it ran long. In another state and working so day charges. Not to mention hotel, gas (two tanks) and feeding myself.

There is a good local 30 minutes from my door, same 2 divisions plus stall fees and a little add on for this or that less then 300, maybe $24 in gas, eat and sleep at home.

Not going to that one anyway, the other reason, as with the Murphy show, falls on the 4th. Have to work on the 5th.

Anyway, I know it's the KHP but don't remember that particular show costing quite that much in past years.

eqgirl228
Jul. 2, 2009, 05:02 PM
Yup im down at it, im just using this show as a warm up for Circle city in 2 weeks :)

but i have too noticed that the entries are down, not nearly as many stalls have been rented

pony4me
Jul. 2, 2009, 06:49 PM
We're not there this year. It's the same days as the Brownland AA show, so we are at Brownland instead. I love KHP, so it's a little disappointing, but Brownland is lots cheaper for us since it's so close. The Brownland show this week is much smaller than last week. A lot of people didn't want to show over a holiday weekend. Good luck and have fun!

horse-loverz
Jul. 2, 2009, 07:50 PM
My barn went to Brownland too.

Montanas_Girl
Jul. 2, 2009, 08:26 PM
I didn't realize there were so many shows that close to one another this weekend. No wonder turnout is so low.

Good luck to everyone showing this weekend!

findeight
Jul. 3, 2009, 10:07 AM
I didn't realize there were so many shows that close to one another this weekend. No wonder turnout is so low.

Good luck to everyone showing this weekend!

Actually, the Murphy show has always been opposite both the local near me and the Brownland July series. Not always on the 4th though, that does not help.

Brownland is down a little itself, my barn's A string is skipping this weekend, trainer is taking an actual family vacation:eek: DURING show season.

Only one signed up for the local, everybody else is either on vacation themselves or penny pinching.

eqgirl228
Jul. 5, 2009, 12:04 PM
anyone know who the photographer was at robert murphy?

CallMeGrace
Jul. 5, 2009, 12:14 PM
I was there yesterday and could not believe how empty it was! Agree about the costs - ridiculous. If my daughter wasn't riding someone else's horse we sure wouldn't be there. I used to call that show the "show that never ends" - they've been finished by 3pm every day this year....

carasmom
Jul. 5, 2009, 07:51 PM
www.horseinsport.com was the photographer.
Entries were down but the new footing in the Stoneleigh and warmup ring is great. They had a ton of rain yesterday and this morning and the footing held up great. Not so great in the Murphy for the jumpers however.
We took 3 greenies and had a nice somewhat relaxing weekend. Interesting to see the changes that are being made for the WEG.

RumoursFollow
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:05 PM
There's no way I'd drive all the way from up here for an overpriced, very long B show, but I do love the Horse Park and hate to hear the show was so lightly attended.

Did like the footing when I was there though. It got pretty sloppy at Country Heir it was never slick, even through the worst of it. It was some bizarre stuff though and made the weirdest spots that looked like bleach spots on breeches. It did come out though. :)

tidy rabbit
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:11 PM
Ya know, I was planning to go to this one...until I got the prize list.

Cost me the same as a AA...l

Exactly. Why bother?

skysthelimit4
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:16 PM
i was down at it this year and the past 3 years...
wow, number swere totally down this year. last year, my classes (pre childrens) had anywhere frum 28-30 ans 11 under eq 25. thsi year there were anywhere from 12-24- way down. i liked this show, unrtil they got a bad judge:(whast your horses name?

carasmom
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:38 PM
"Caramba", did Hopeful Jumpers, did ok considering it's her second show. We were 9/43 on Friday, 7/33 on Saturday and I don't know what we ended up with today. She was over time. We scratched the last jumper class and came home.

We also took my 4yo mare that we had in the Baby Greens," A Little Romance". She did fine, ended up with a 1st, and 2- 6th's. She needed the show miles and we needed to get out of Cincinnati. It's nice not to see the same people all the time!!!:)

CallMeGrace
Jul. 5, 2009, 08:48 PM
I remember A Little Romance! Very cute! The footing is really so much better. Shame about the numbers, though, but it was relaxing, I agree!

Montanas_Girl
Jul. 6, 2009, 03:28 PM
My horse is Montanas Shadow. We showed in some of the Special Hunter classes and in the Intermediate Adults. He placed 4th and 8th in the Intermediates on Saturday, which was pretty good considering we were having pace issues.

Montana did not care for the new footing at all. He was stumbling quite a bit in the Stoneleigh and the warmup. I'm not sure why, because the footing didn't look or feel deep at all.

I missed the rain on Sunday. I had a family emergency and had to leave Saturday afternoon.

WorthTheWait95
Jul. 6, 2009, 03:32 PM
Was going to take a young horse down to get him in the ring at KHP before the AA shows but I decided to just wait and bring everyone down at once for the AA's since the cost is the same. We're heading down July 20th instead and staying through Aug 2 I believe.

Montana did not care for the new footing at all. He was stumbling quite a bit in the Stoneleigh and the warmup. I'm not sure why, because the footing didn't look or feel deep at all.

Strange. Most horses love the eurofelt. My horses jump so well on it. I was so excited when I found out KHP would have the WEG since I new the old footing would be the first thing to go and they'd put something really nice down.