PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Grasso Field Boots

trv_at_tacf
Jul. 1, 2009, 07:18 PM
After reading a thread about the Ariat Monacos, I decided to not get them. I have had many problems with previous ariat zippers breaking, so why would i buy another pair. Anyways, I read that alot of people like the boots by Sergio Grasso. I just wanted people's opinions on which boot model is the best. I like the Imperia ones, http://www.doversaddlery.com/sergio-grasso-imperia-field-boot/p/X1-38746/cn/1407/ . My friend has a pair and i love them on her! Of course I plan on going to a store to atleast try them on, so i can figure then which model is best for me, but what about anyone else who has Sergio Grasso's, which model do you have?

leelee
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:01 PM
I just got the Imperia and I love them. I was concerned that the spanish cut top would be too dramatic but it doesn't look weird at all. I haven't had them very long but, so far so good. I like them better than my customs.Homestly, unless you have a dramatic need for custom boots, I wouldn't even bother going custom again.

Lucassb
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:25 PM
I loooooove my Sergio Grasso's... I have the Perugia field boots (the ones that have the stretch leather calf) and they fit like a glove. Because of the stretch in the leather, they are super comfortable - even more so than my half chaps. I bought an extra pair when I heard they were being discontinued, and I'm glad I did... I don't think I could go back to regular boots now. My Vogels are pretty, but they are relegated to the back of the closet, probably never to see daylight again!

hijumpin1
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:45 PM
The Monaco's I bought were returned after the zipper popped. So I have SG Imperias on order from the Farmhouse. I hear they are beautiful, can't wait to get them!:)

thizzelledance
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:00 PM
I have the Bologna's from SG and LOOOOOVE them. I've ridden in them almost every day for quite some time and they are showing basically no signs of wear. They look great, the tapered ankle gives them a very stylish look. I get compliments on them all the time! Fairly easy to break in and the zipper isn't going to bust any time soon.

Philosopher
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:34 PM
I have the Bolognas as well. I got them NIB off ebay for a price I couldn't pass up. They are lovely and very flattering. The zipper on one boot did pop early on (got it fixed locally for ~$20). I've come to the conclusion that success with zippers must be luck of the draw given the bad zipper on my Sergio and the fact that I've never (knock on wood) had a zipper break on a myriad of well-used Ariat paddocks, field boots, and half chaps.

mbmarsh
Jul. 13, 2009, 01:42 PM
When were the Perugias discontinued? Any idea why? I'm looking around trying to see if I can find any still available, since stretch leather might help me with my field boot nightmares....

Addison
Jul. 13, 2009, 10:09 PM
The Perugias were discontinued well over a year ago. I was told by the owner of a tack shop that sold them, that the company decided to stop selling them through U.S. Shops because they were not being fitted properly and that lead to too many returns.

They are nice boots and they are made from stretch leather but they stretch just so far before they break or have some other problem.

I think they may be still be available in Europe.