PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Buy from horseloverz.com?

indygirl2560
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:22 AM
I did an online search yesterday for a saddle pad I was looking for and I found a great deal on horseloverz.com Has anyone bought anything from them? And if so, what was your experience? I don't want to order something if the shipping is going to be outrageous and it will take forever to get it, even if it is a great deal.

Callison
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:24 AM
I've never ordered from them, however I have heard from A LOT of people that shipping is PAINFULLY slow. Could take acouple WEEKS until it is even sent out. But then I also have heard that some get their item in just a few days.
I'd say if you don't need it anytime soon, go for it. Esp. if it is a good deal!

joiedevie99
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:26 AM
I've ordered from them probably a dozen times. My last order was the only one that was slow- that that was because one item was due in within a week and they waited for it. Could they have called, sure, but it didn't bother me much. I order almost every time they run the free shipping special. Once the order leaves, it's usually to me in NY in 1-2 days. It does take them a few days to a week to pack it up though.

myvanya
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:31 AM
My husband ordered from them once (christmas gifts for me) and I ordered from them once. I had no trouble with them as far as shipping time either time- they can have some really good deals too. Just read carefullly to make sure an item is not being drop shipped or on back order.
You also might check around online and see if you can't find any coupon codes for them as I think there are some out there, I just haven't needed to order anything from them lately so i'm not sure. They often have ones for money off, percentage off, or free shipping.

Hunter Mom
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:48 AM
I ordered from them. Once. I ordered some things for DD's birthday, and placed the order about 5 weeks ahead. They shipped a couple of items, but the others were back ordered. They never did send them, and I had a terrible time getting my $$ back (they'd charged me for them when ordered). I wouldn't buy from them again.

Jul. 1, 2009, 10:55 AM
I ordered from them once. Very very cheap prices. Took about 3 weeksish to get my items, but once I did, they were all as-advertised and quite fine. I was happy with my order.

I think it's the tradeoff - you get really rock-bottom prices, but the service end isn't what you'd get if you were paying full retail value. Gotta prioritize like that.

hctjudge
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:57 AM
I've ordered from them quite a bit. Never had a problem

sarcam02
Jul. 1, 2009, 11:17 AM
Ordered from them - it always seems a bit disconnected because it is difficult (though not impossible) to speak to a human. For the record, I have had no issues with returns either.

Delivery is slow but prices are great on certain items so if you are not in a rush then yes to horseloverz

Long Shadow Farm
Jul. 1, 2009, 11:49 AM
I have ordered from them alot in the past and never had any problems. Plus I have got some really nice stuff for super cheap.

Bobbi

AmandaandTuff
Jul. 1, 2009, 12:16 PM
I order from them quite a bit, shipping was always very fast.

JumpWithPanache
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:06 PM
I've ordered from them a fair amount, usually through Ebay auctions. The shipping is pretty steep, but I haven't had trouble receiving my items.

drmgncolor
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:14 PM
If you do a search, they are all over the Off Course section. I had a HORRIBLE experience with them and will never order from them again... don't care how good the deal is.

In general my observation seems to be that they are good only about 50% of the time. :(

One of their CS reps, Maria, is a member of COTH and routinely has to do PR cleanup.

furlong47
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:21 PM
Ordered a saddle pad and some socks from their big clearance a couple weeks ago... got everything I ordered at an awesome price, and it shipped out quickly. My only beef is that they sent the package delivery confirmation. I work during the day when my mail comes, so instead of having the box just dropped off at my door, I ended up having to drive down to the post office to pick it up.

Jo
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:29 PM
Have before, won't again. Search Off Course section.

InstigatorKate
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:10 PM
I've used them several times and had good experiences. Don't like the high shipping costs (and the fact that I have to pay PA sales tax b/c I live in PA). But, everything I've bought from them has been shipped out within 1-2 days, and arrives 1-2 days after that.

Brown Horse
Jul. 1, 2009, 04:39 PM
I've bought from them like 5 times (they have an ebay store too where you can get even better deals) and have always had great experiences. I trust them.

LookinSouth
Jul. 1, 2009, 04:44 PM
I got a new IRH ATH in the hard to find 7 long oval size for 60.00 from their ebay store. I was a little leery about buying from them because I had heard a few shipping nightmare stories but lo and behold my helmet arrived in less than a week. I'm pleased as punch and would order from them again.

khailee
Jul. 1, 2009, 11:48 PM
I order with them often, they have very good prices, but be aware of their (bad) return policy, and that it usually takes a really long time to get to you.

Ty2003
Jul. 2, 2009, 08:25 AM
I've ordered from them quite a few times and never had any problems. Shipping was always fast and easy for me. Something to consider - they will sometimes have the same item on ebay for a lower price, but with higher shipping than their website (ex: a sheet for $49 on their site plus $7.95 shipping, same sheet on ebay for $35 plus $12 shipping). Whenever I do order from them, I search both ebay and their site to see which is the better deal. Last year I got some GREAT turnout sheets (1200D, waterproof, etc) for $30 on their ebay listing. Same sheets were $55+ on their site. I've also returned stuff to them without any trouble.

rugbygirl
Jul. 2, 2009, 01:17 PM
Love them. The closest tack store to where I live is 5 hours away. I do a lot of online ordering. Horseloverz.com is one of the better ones, IMHO.

As for talking to a human, I've called them twice and always talked to an actual person, just off the 1-800 number on the website. They answer emails, but if you follow-up with a call, it is better.

Some of their stuff is less than half the price of other online stores, and they often have a better selection of sizes and colours.

Ambrey
Jul. 2, 2009, 01:19 PM
Buy from them all the time. Shipping is quite slow most of the time, but I always get my stuff and sometimes their prices are too good to pass up.

crazyhorses
Jul. 2, 2009, 04:34 PM
I ordered some saddle pads for them. It was fast and exactly what I asked for! =)

showmom07
Jul. 3, 2009, 07:54 AM
I've ordered from them quite a few times, usually off their ebay site.
You have to watch the total prices (including shipping) like any other
shopping experience. Recently found an item I was looking for in
my local tack shop for the same price and therefore didn't have to pay
extra to ship.

But overall, have not had a problem with shipping time and often can
get really good prices.

*jumper*
Jul. 3, 2009, 10:50 AM
I bought some breeches from them only because they had what I wanted super cheap with free shipping and added discounts. The shipping is wayyyy slow though. It took them like 5-6 days just to get my stuff SHIPPED. After that it was another ten days before it actually arrived. Sorry, but it really does not take a week to throw everything in a box and get it out, especially since my payment was received that same day. Whatever...

Tiffani B
Jul. 3, 2009, 11:53 AM
I order from them quite a bit, shipping was always very fast.

Ditto.

zedcadjna
Jul. 3, 2009, 12:07 PM
Buy from them all the time I always get my items in days... Great prices!!!

SDK.*
Jul. 3, 2009, 04:33 PM
I've ordered from them once and never will again. It was VERY bad experiance and never did get what I ordered.

Lucassb
Jul. 4, 2009, 03:57 PM
I've purchased from them several times and have not had any problems, mostly thru Ebay. I try to wait until they offer shipping specials, because their shipping charges can be a little high, but the same can be said of Dover, etc and usually Horseloverz' other prices are cheaper. I noticed that they are running a special on one of the ads on the righthand side of the page at the moment; $10 off a $50 purchase... not a bad deal at all!

shalomypony
Jul. 4, 2009, 09:26 PM
I guess I'm fortunate since I live close enough to go over and pick up my online purchase.......and do more shopping at the store while I'm there.Love them,they treat me real well!!

faraway46
Jul. 5, 2009, 02:07 PM
Bougt stuff from Ebay from them. Loved it. Shipping was fast and emails were answered prompt. Never had an issue. Sent stuff to NYC in less than 4 days and international shipping was easy as cake too. I recommend them highly and prices are dirt cheap to boot. Don't think twice.
Viv

Across Sicily
Jul. 7, 2009, 06:30 PM
Ordered some non-darkening oil for my saddle - hard to find anywhere else. Got it in about a week and a half. Not the fastest shipping ever, but I didn't need it particularly quickly (especially considering the saddle itself doesn't ship from England til the 24th).

buck22
Jul. 7, 2009, 08:30 PM
I've had very good experiences with them, shipping is fast and once was overnight. Twice I've purchased items that arrived in not perfect shape, and they took my word for it, and refunded my money within hours. I've never had a problem getting through to customer service.

Once, I did place a blanket order, for some not-well-know-brand turn outs. All the blankets I purchased were supposed to be waterproof breathables, and all of them leaked within 24 hours. After some back and forth over a strange rule regarding laundering, they accepted them back and refunded my money.

I would not hesitate to purchase from them again, but only well known brands.

horsejudge27
Jul. 8, 2009, 10:51 AM
They're a wonderful company. Never had a problem.

Mtn trails
Jul. 8, 2009, 12:36 PM
I've usually have good luck with them and found their shipping to be pretty quick compared to other companies. However, the last time I received an order, they sent large or oversize bell boots instead of the mediums I ordered. Don't know if I want to bother trying to return them for the correct size since a lot of people here have had bad luck. I'd order from them again though.

Astraled
Jul. 8, 2009, 05:08 PM
I order from them all the time. I get my stuff quickly. No complaints here:D

OnyxThePony
Jul. 9, 2009, 12:22 AM
damn just lost my reply!!anyway...

I put my first order with them today. Customer service was excellence personified! Carrie took several measurements to my specs, phoned me back prompty. Then took two series of photos (again to my specs) and emailed them promptly.
Carries explained when it woudl ship and why. I read the shipping policy carefully and it was exactly the total I expected.
I see there is a CHRON free shipping code. Not sure if my order qualifies. Will find out and report back tomorrow!!!

Will report back when I get my shipment too!