PDA

View Full Version : Are These Knee Patches Strangly Large Or Is It Just Me?

Little Indian
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:33 AM
So after a 3 month wait, I finally received the breeches I ordered while at World Cup. I love love love them except for one thing. The knee patches are HUGE. So big that they go half way over my knee cap. I can honestly say that I've never had this issue before. I am stuck between what I should do. Keep them? Send them back? I hate to send them back because I've waited SO long for them, but the patches are massive and can definitely be seen while I am sitting in the saddle. I mean for almost $300, shouldn't they be perfect? What's your take??

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31922145&l=855c798c6f&id=201301603
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31922137&l=f56f88f69e&id=201301603

Philosopher
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:08 AM
Hard to tell from that angle, but I'm wondering: It looks like the breeches are quite baggy on you-- is it possible that the fabric has rotated around your leg at the bottom (and you could twist it back around into place)?

Little Indian
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:15 AM
They are definitely not baggy and are actually a little tighter than I would like. I tried rotating the legs, but even when rotated the knee patches go over my knee caps. I am just not sure what to do because I actually love the fit of the pants and absolutely love the wide waistband, but the patches are a little overwhelming.

Pirateer
Jul. 1, 2009, 04:52 AM
Somehow they look like they were sewn on backwards. Like if I didn't see your feet in the picture, I'd think it was a rear-shot.

Heineken
Jul. 1, 2009, 08:27 AM
Pirateer is right. I looked, then read and looked again. They are backwards! Send 'em back and have them redone :(

Extreme Chaos
Jul. 1, 2009, 08:52 AM
I thought it was a rear shot! Patches aren't right, send them back.:yes:

GreystoneKC
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:20 AM
Whatever the reason, they do look terrible. For $300, send them back!

JenEM
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:24 AM
I thought that was a front-shot, too, until I realized that would make no sense in context! Assuming you tried a pair on at the WC and know that's not what they normally look like, I'd see if you can do an exchange for another pair.

Though my winter fleecy Kerrits breeches do have strangely large kneepatches. They go about halfway behind the leg, and much further up than normal, but I didn't complain, because it seemed extra insulating, and I'm not worrying about the look of blue fleece breeches anyway. On nice, show-quality breeches, that would be a no go.

BAC
Jul. 1, 2009, 11:52 AM
I would ask for my money back or have a new pair made. Aren't they too long too? I hate breeches that extend all the way to my ankle like that, and all those creases across the thigh would be very uncomfortable riding IMO.

tenacity
Jul. 1, 2009, 12:58 PM
Are those the Latigo breeches? Unfortunately, I think that is just how they are made. The oversize kneepatches are supposed to be stretchy. Even in some of the catalog photos, you can see the kneepatches extending over the model's kneecap... http://www.smartpakequine.com/productclass.aspx?productClassid=6807
If they were a custom pair, I would definitely send them back for changes. Otherwise, maybe call and ask for advice about the sizing/corrections??

rabicon
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:01 PM
I thought that was a back shot also. Wow, thats weird:lol:

Little Indian
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:27 PM
How bizarre. I did try them on at WC, but they only had a long so it was hard to tell anything other than waist size. The ones I ordered were a regular. From the looks of the smartpak site, the patches are supposed to go over the knee?? I work in a tack store and I have never seen any pair of breeches do that.

KateKat
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:57 PM
whoa, ditto thinking that was a rear shot! Those are huge...and $300? Holy crap, thats a lot of money for a pair of breeches!

Seven-up
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:16 PM
It almost looks like they were sewn on in the wrong place. If you look at the smartpak link that was posted earlier, the patches are barely visible from the back, and certainly don't cover the part of the knee that they need to.

I'd send them back. How depressing! I hate waiting forever for something and then having to send them back.:(