PDA

View Full Version : Potcreek Meadow Farm??

ChiliPepper09
Jun. 30, 2009, 11:58 PM
So, I am new to Washington and looking for a barn/trainer. Someone recommended Cara Anthony to me and was wondering what you have seen/know/experienced....good, bad.......??? Pm me if you feel more comfortable.

PNWjumper
Jul. 1, 2009, 12:12 AM
What are you looking for in a barn? What are your showing goals? Are you looking for a show-oriented place? If you tell me what you're looking for I can give you some recommendations by PM.

Potcreek is a beautiful facility and Cara does all of the big shows with a string of very nice hunter, jumper, and medal/eq horses. Her daughters are top medal/eq riders and also show in the big jumper classes. Definitely not a bad place if that's what you're looking for.

Welcome to WA :)

Calvincrowe
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:41 AM
What PNWJumper said: It is easier to help you find a trainer/barn if we know what your goals are. I am not from the Seattle area, but I do know your location in/around Seattle can also definitely impact which barn you choose--driving can be a real bear up there.

There are a number of very good trainers/programs in the Puget Sound region, from small to major. Thumbs Up, with John Turner/Jack Hammond. Shelly Kerron, Sally Collins, all are very good. The Flying Changes Magazine is a big help, with a directory of barns. It is online www.flyingchanges.com

I would suggest that you tell us more, and your location and the Seattle horse community can go to work for you.

Potcreek is definitely on the upper end of the cost spectrum, if that matters to you.

Bumpkin
Jul. 7, 2009, 10:26 AM
From past posts, it looks like you ride or use to ride at Potcreek.
:)

#4 Jun. 9, 2009, 08:26 PM
ChiliPepper09
Training Level Join Date: Mar. 2, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another GREAT one is Cara Anthony at Potcreek Meadow Farm. She has ridden with many of the greats( like george morris) for years and always has great clinics. She is also very good with young horses and brings them along correctly. Sadly I moved out of washington, but if I had not of I would still be riding with her.
www.potcreek.com

PNWjumper
Jul. 7, 2009, 05:03 PM
Lovely. :rolleyes:

And that's why I rarely post to these threads. No point in supplying needless information to someone who's obviously just trying to dig up dirt.

Thanks for the heads up, Bumpkin!

fancyfooted
Jul. 8, 2009, 10:51 AM
Lovely. :rolleyes:

And that's why I rarely post to these threads. No point in supplying needless information to someone who's obviously just trying to dig up dirt.

Thanks for the heads up, Bumpkin!

No kidding! What a shame when people do that kind of thing. I got all excited too because I like Cara and her daughters, and it's always fun to be able to talk about the great trainers available here in the PNW.

Bumpkin
Jul. 14, 2009, 07:42 PM
I think Chili is a kid who rides at Potcreek.
Looking at past posts by them, they also ask about Picture Perfect, a horse that has been at Potcreek for several years.