PDA

View Full Version : Spin-off: Things your trainer wishes you would NOT buy

Come Shine
Jun. 30, 2009, 09:28 PM
My trainer wishes I wouldn't buy so many bits. Hey - what can I say? They're shiny, not too expensive and come in so many different varieties. :)

hanoverian_mare
Jun. 30, 2009, 09:33 PM
haha I dont do this personally but some other people I know ride with coloured saddle pads. (Im a neutral colour fan myself). My trainer does NOT enjoy anything other than conventional black or white.

Jumper6252
Jun. 30, 2009, 09:42 PM
Anything pink for my gelding :D

dghunter
Jun. 30, 2009, 09:52 PM
I imagine my trainer must get sick of all the purple but bless his heart he never says one word :D:lol: My horse is constantly decked out in purple. During the winter it's purple boots on the front, purple polos on the back, and a purple saddle pad.

indygirl2560
Jun. 30, 2009, 09:55 PM
My trainer seems to be fine with all the crazy things us barn girls make our horsies wear! :D Well, I'll put it this way, there hasn't been an intervention for me for my saddle pad addiction yet!:lol:

hellerkm
Jun. 30, 2009, 10:13 PM
My niece came into the ring the other day and her mare had 4 different colored NEON polos on, I am all for creativity but I think the mare was even embarrassed!!!:eek: I did not say anything as the policy around our farm is as long as its safe its ok, but she would NEVER be allowed to leave the farm like that!!:no:

huntergirl007
Jun. 30, 2009, 10:46 PM
So many boots and polo's! My last horse was bay with NO chrome (and I've always wanted a very blingy horse..). So I would buy him open fronts and wear them even though he was a very, very careful jumper. And splint boots. And polo's. Everything to make him flashy.

And saddle pads. And I also have a stirrup addiction. And brushes. I love brushes.

Anything I spend my money on, that I DON'T need.

BigEq
Jun. 30, 2009, 10:46 PM
My niece came into the ring the other day and her mare had 4 different colored NEON polos on

I have neon pony wraps too! My trainer hates it but I have a large collection :D Just schooling of course.

acoustic
Jun. 30, 2009, 11:13 PM
Haha, I could only imagine if I showed up in my barrel racing gear at my old hunter trainer's barn for a lesson. She was pretty easy going when it came to what we wore (weird, considering her barn matched her house, lol), but between the zebra print seat, the flower support boots, the blingy conchos, and the colored reins, she may go into shock.

I was always well behaved when I went for lessons though, I promise!!

Pirateer
Jun. 30, 2009, 11:26 PM
I think I'm safe from this one....my trainers keep wanting to buy things off of me!

mypaintwattie
Jul. 1, 2009, 12:33 AM
I can see my trainer shudder every time I show up in matching polos, pad, ear net, and my shirt. I think he wishes I would stick more with blue or black, certainly not pink or purple!

saitou_amaya
Jul. 1, 2009, 12:40 AM
I'm pretty sure my trainer wishes I wouldn't buy so much stuff in maroon. Hey, at least I'm consistant!! Maroon halter, lead rope, blanket, ear net, brush box, polo wraps, polo shirts for me, coolers, buckets, brushes, saddle cover, the list goes on!! :D
And I think black horses look good in maroon!!

Dixon
Jul. 1, 2009, 12:47 AM
The site-unseen horse on the internet that was so cheap and so pretty that I just couldn't resist.

hellerkm
Jul. 1, 2009, 06:08 AM
The site-unseen horse on the internet that was so cheap and so pretty that I just couldn't resist.
ok that is WAY bigger than a polo or brush LOL!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Justice
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:25 AM
Houses, cars, etc. Such items are wasteful and distract me from directing my energy and money to the proper care and feeding of the pocket trainer ;) Note that wine is not on my list, as my pocket trainer knows that a good bottle of Chardonnay is not a luxury, but a necessity (when purchased as a token of gratitude to the pocket trainer).

besttwtbever
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:28 AM
My old trainer HATED bridles with the braided noseband and browband. I am starting to agree with her though.

She was pretty good about the multi-colored stuff though. I had an obsession with green and she would buy me the occasional green hoofpick from time to time.

vxf111
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:47 AM
I had a Care Bear Wilker's saddle pad. Old trainer winced every time he saw it and it wasn't allowed to dry on top of my saddle post-ride, it had to be hidden at all times except while in use.

I only bought it because I love how Wilker's pads fit and it was a couple of bucks, figured I could let the kids use it... but trainer hated it so much, I started using more often it just to see his reaction.

This is the same guy who, for the record, named every sale horse after a Disney character for years. So he couldn't get on my case TOO hard. ;)

P.S.- I am an adult.

AppendixQHLover
Jul. 1, 2009, 09:49 AM
My multiple saddle pads. Seriously he has a clean one every time we ride, and whatever my mood may be that day. :D

Come Shine
Jul. 1, 2009, 10:53 AM
lol!! I don't feel too bad about all my bits now. :)

meupatdoes
Jul. 1, 2009, 11:14 AM
15h-and-change horses.

I'm 6' tall.

MoonWitch
Jul. 1, 2009, 12:50 PM
too tight cammy tops for your buxom 14yo daughters to ride in - just looks tacky. C'mon girls - it's not THAT hot & there are no boys around!!

Mom??? Hulllooooooo???

Jumpersluck
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:20 PM
Pastel blue rubber bit rings. My trainer is very conservative. And I like color :] Once I was joking about buying a pastel blue ear net to match the bit rings and she said "You would match so much you'd be 4-H" haha it still cracks me up.

ammy-ville
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:42 PM
ANOTHER green horse... this one's show name is "One More Time" in honor of my attempt to stop finding issues with the almost finished being trained horse and finding another green youngster that has soooo much more potential.

We'll see if it sticks. Although I already told her no matter how perfect this finally four year old is (bought as a promising yearling! and my last youngster reallly!!!) I really do like a horse with a little more chrome... if only she had four whites and a blaze... I saw this horse at the horse show last weekend that would have been perfect for me....

Lou-Lou
Jul. 1, 2009, 01:57 PM
I had a Care Bear Wilker's saddle pad.

Okay, that just sounds awesome. Pics?

vxf111
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:02 PM
Yes, I suppose pictures are in order...

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/The%20Son%20Dee%20Times/?action=view&current=IMG_0736.jpg

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/The%20Son%20Dee%20Times/?action=view&current=IMG_0737.jpg

wish I had better ones, the pad is fairly garish IRL :)

onelanerode
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:11 PM
Colored saddle pads. She likes white ones, because then you can bleach the funk out of them. I understand where she's coming from ... but the colors ... so many pretty colors ... :p:yes::winkgrin:

Lou-Lou
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:22 PM
Yes, I suppose pictures are in order...

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/The%20Son%20Dee%20Times/?action=view&current=IMG_0736.jpg

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/The%20Son%20Dee%20Times/?action=view&current=IMG_0737.jpg

wish I had better ones, the pad is fairly garish IRL :)

Aww but I love it! :D

Twigster
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:29 PM
Do you think I could find a Wilker's My Little Pony pad? If they make Care Bears it might be worth the search...

vxf111
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:48 PM
If there is cotton broadcloth My Little Ponies fabric out there, I am sure Wilkers will put it on a pad for you. In fact, I betcha if you google a bit-- they probably already have. Wilker's rocks. Their pads last FOREVER and are cut perfectly. Love them!

RomeosGirl
Jul. 1, 2009, 02:54 PM
I haven't bought it yet, but I have talked to her about it & I get :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I want a quarter sheet for my boy for warming up during the winter. Ok, I know I'm in Florida & it doesn't get "that" cold, but when it is cold out he is just miserable to warm up. He's stiff, resistant & won't walk. He's also a lot spookier when he is cold. I just want something that's going to cover his hindquarters & make him relax a little more so we can actually warm up.
Trainer has not "forbidden" it, but I really think she's going to laugh at me every time I use it.

Come Shine
Jul. 1, 2009, 03:25 PM
Trainer has not "forbidden" it, but I really think she's going to laugh at me every time I use it.

Yes she will. But I use mine anyways. :D

myvanya
Jul. 1, 2009, 03:47 PM
I am currently trainerless, but everyone at my barn laughs at my ridiculous amount of purple equipment (reins, bit guards,stirrup pads, ear net, open fronts, ankle boots, pads, bat, blankets, grooming tools, etc.).

I am super jealous of the care bear pad though- that is awesome!

I got my friend who does dressage an Orange pad with green jumping frogs on it so she could terrorize her dressage trainer. It failed. Her trainer is now getting very excited about getting her horses things in fun colors. :D

tikihorse2
Jul. 1, 2009, 05:35 PM
All my pink stuff! My horse had a cut on his leg and when I got my wraps out, my trainer just laughed when she saw they were PINK! At least they were dark raspberry and not neon or hot pink! :lol:

I also love loud saddle pads. She's slowly weaning me away from them and I admit she has a point. A lot of them have the billet/girth straps and it's easier to use the Poly Pad type pad that doesn't have them... I wish they made bright pink Poly Pads! ;)

Kim

Sing Mia Song
Jul. 1, 2009, 05:54 PM
I think Dear Trainer visibly cringed when my horse walked off the trailer wearing orange bell boots. Yeah, they're ugly, but when he ditches one in turnout, I can actually find it.

We bought her new schooling pads for Christmas last year--three white and three very dark hunter green (barn colors are green and gray). In the very bottom of the box, we stuck a hot pink one. I think she bleached holes into it on purpose. :lol:

Guin
Jul. 1, 2009, 06:48 PM
I haven't bought it yet, but I have talked to her about it & I get :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I want a quarter sheet for my boy for warming up during the winter. Ok, I know I'm in Florida & it doesn't get "that" cold, but when it is cold out he is just miserable to warm up. He's stiff, resistant & won't walk. He's also a lot spookier when he is cold. I just want something that's going to cover his hindquarters & make him relax a little more so we can actually warm up.

This woman on ebay makes awesome custom quarter sheets. I think she has polarfleece in every pattern ever produced. It is NOT me nor do I know her personally; but I have purchased two custom pony-sized quarter sheets from her and they are gorgeous.

http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/items/Equestrian_?_catref=1&_dmd=1&_fln=1&_ipg=50&_sacat=3153&_sop=12&_ssn=dkb650&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Alterrain
Jul. 1, 2009, 07:09 PM
Barn dogs! and cats!

I am such a sap every time someone at a show finds a dog, I "give" it to my barn. We have five! 3 of which I brought home from show/ pound. And at least 10 cats, I think all of them I donated :) My trainer cannot say no (they have NOWHERE else to go! they HAVE to live here!) but I think secretly she wants to kill me :yes:

dogchushu
Jul. 1, 2009, 08:01 PM
Houses, cars, etc. Such items are wasteful and distract me from directing my energy and money to the proper care and feeding of the pocket trainer ;) Note that wine is not on my list, as my pocket trainer knows that a good bottle of Chardonnay is not a luxury, but a necessity (when purchased as a token of gratitude to the pocket trainer).

Heehee. My trainer was horrified to find I'd purchased a new smart phone and computer. She asked me if I knew how many horse shows that would cover. Then again, she's kind of a Luddite.