PDA

View Full Version : A/O Zone Points?

trv_at_tacf
Jun. 30, 2009, 07:29 PM
I am from Zone 2, and currently doing the A/Os and since I havent been doing them very long, and we are still progressing, I obviously know I will not qualify for Indoors. They do offer A/Os at our Zone finals, usually its the left overs of those who didnt make it to indoors. Now my question is, how are the points calculated for the A/Os for zone finals? I used to do the A/As and its a C rated division always no matter what rating the show is, so you use C points. (I have a point sheet). And I know for national points, the A/Os are calculated as whatever the Show is rated (AA,A,B,C). However, EVERYONES' (including mine) points are MUCH lower listed under the zone points on the usef website, than those listed nationally?? And all the shows I do, are both inside the zone, so I know its not because of florida, etc. I thought maybe you calculate all your winnings using the "C" rated point chart since all the divisions at zone finals are C rated, but then I actually come out with less than the USEF website has. So confusing. For whatever reason, I cant find squat in the rule book, way too long and confusing.

For instance: National points I have around 457, and Zone points i have 212. And when i calculate it myself (i keep track of all my points do to many many many previous errors), I do come out with the correct amount of National points that the website has, but then when i do Zone points how i thought they were calculated, I get 150 something.

I hope that wasnt too confusing, but can anyone help?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Molly99
Jun. 30, 2009, 07:43 PM
For the AO's and Jr's in the zone points, I believe you either get B or C points. If she showed at an A show, the zone points would be factored using the B point structure. B rated would be B rated and C rated would get C rated.

At least that is my recollection from when I did the jrs years ago. If that doesn't make your work, call USEF and ask them.

PineTreeFarm
Jun. 30, 2009, 07:59 PM
From the rule book:
GR1129 Records and Awards Hunter Section
11. For the purposes of Zone awards, ribbons won in any “A” or “B” rated section will receive B points. Zone Awards will be distributed according to the Zone map.

From the 2008 Prize List:
"QUALIFYING. Entries for the Zone II Hunter Finals will be limited, based on USEF Zone II point totals for the qualifying period, which extends from September 1, 2007 through August 31, 2008. The USEF will provide point totals for each entry based on his/her TOP FIFTEEN horse shows directly to the Zone II Hunter Finals. Entries must have earned at least one point in their section to be eligible for the Zone II Finals.
Horse and rider must be recorded in Zone II, and points count only from Zone II, in accordance with USEF rules. It is strongly recommended that exhibitors verify their point totals and resolve any discrepancies with the USEF prior to the closing date."

Last year you would have needed only 1 point to qualify. But you won't know the qualification specs till the prize list comes out. According to USHJA that will be around 7/15.

trv_at_tacf
Jun. 30, 2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks. I found just about everything else imaginable in that rule book, except that. I know how qualifying worked in the C rated divisions because ive competed at finals a few times now. Just wasnt sure how it worked with A/Os being an A division. Thank you, the points came out right so that is definately how it works. :yes: