PDA

View Full Version : BROWN half chaps/paddock boots

honkytonkgirl
Jun. 30, 2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry for another half chap thread but I could not find the answers I am looking in any other post.

I want brown/chocolate half chaps but I cannot find any that match my paddock boots! I hate when the browns don't match and I'd like to avoid buying new paddock boots if possible. Does anyone know which half chaps would be a close match for these grand prix paddock boots (http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-38136&ids=236117999)??? you have to select brown to see the color.

Also, how tight should half chaps be when you first buy them? And do they fall at all like tall boots do?? I am between a reg & tall but want to go with talls as I HATE when tall boots look too short and imagine it will annoy me if my half chaps are too short also.

Thanks!!!

BAC
Jun. 30, 2009, 01:48 PM
Half chaps should be so tight when you buy them that you can barely zipper them without help, it will only take a ride or two before they are a perfect fit and you can zip them comfortably. In my experience they do not drop at all, or its such a slight amount its not noticeable.

Have you tried the Grand Prix half chaps to match the GP paddock boots. We have those same GP paddock boots in the laced version at our local shop and the Tredstep deluxe leather half chaps are a very good match IMO. I know because I was debating which brown paddocks to buy, I also bought Hadfields spur straps to match.

Nickelodian
Jun. 30, 2009, 03:09 PM
I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't Grand Prix half chaps

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-35589&tid=froogle&CATALOG_CODE=1X814&EID=X1814001&zmam=1460880&zmas=1&zmac=49&zmap=X1-35589&bhcd2=1246385232

Match Grand Prix boots?

horsepoor
Jun. 30, 2009, 03:09 PM
I have the Grand Prix half chaps in brown and they look to be the same color -- maybe not shiny like the boots, but I don't think you'd want shiny half chaps! Mine were snug when I bought them -- could barely zip them up, but they stretched to fit pretty quick. If they are snug, they won't drop much at all, so buy the size that fits the best height wise.

Ty2003
Jun. 30, 2009, 03:18 PM
I love my Treadstep half chaps, which are brown. They come in a ton of different sizes (height/width, etc), so you can find the perfect pair. They also have a lot of stretch...when I first bought them they were very tight - needed help to zip them. But now that I've lost weight, I can still get away with wearing them because the stretchy part just conforms to my leg. And they didn't drop - they have a nice high top (like a regular boot).

honkytonkgirl
Jun. 30, 2009, 04:36 PM
I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't Grand Prix half chaps

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-35589&tid=froogle&CATALOG_CODE=1X814&EID=X1814001&zmam=1460880&zmas=1&zmac=49&zmap=X1-35589&bhcd2=1246385232

Match Grand Prix boots?

I thought that too but the Grand Prix Aquasport boots are a completely different brown than the Grand Prix Prestige paddock boots. Brown vs Chocolate, which is why I linked to the Aquasport boots. It's hard to tell from picture if the grand prix half chaps are more brown or chocolate.

see u at x
Jun. 30, 2009, 05:05 PM
I love my Treadstep half chaps, which are brown. They come in a ton of different sizes (height/width, etc), so you can find the perfect pair. They also have a lot of stretch...when I first bought them they were very tight - needed help to zip them. But now that I've lost weight, I can still get away with wearing them because the stretchy part just conforms to my leg. And they didn't drop - they have a nice high top (like a regular boot).

I just bought a pair of the Treadsteps last month to go with my new Ariat Heritage II boots (I think that's right...the new ones with the rounded toe that are not the Hanovers), and I just LOVE them. :yes: They were super tight at first and hurt, but now that they've stretched, they look and feel awesome. I get tons of compliments on the boots AND the chaps.