View Full Version : Short stirrup

Jun. 30, 2009, 10:26 AM
Can someone please post a link to the USEF rules for Short Stirrup division? I have searched the site and googled and can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Jun. 30, 2009, 10:32 AM
Short Stirrup is not an A rated division, so the rules are not made by USEF.

Jun. 30, 2009, 10:37 AM
Ahhhhh that would explain why I can't find them.

Jun. 30, 2009, 02:27 PM
Check with your local associations that offer points in the SS.

Basically it's for riders 11 and under, horses or Ponies, fences 2' and typically with no oxers.

Some regional differences exsist with eligibility and cross entering (for example, into 11 and under Eq when a SS Eq is offered or Small Ponies/Childrens Ponies). They should know their lead changes and most will get the flying changes, trotting may or may not be penalized depending on where you are.

Go Fish
Jun. 30, 2009, 02:42 PM
In my area, it varies. We have two divisions...SS ponies and SS horses. Rider must be 17 and under. Jumps are 2'3" to 2'6" for the ponies with pony stride, jumps for the SS horses are 2'3" to 2'6" with horse strides. Most of the courses are set at 2'3" throughout the year, but some do put them up at 2'6".

The division is competitive enough around here that you'd better get the strides and changes.

Jun. 30, 2009, 04:59 PM
In New England it is generally and 11 and under division, w-t-c and crossrails. Riders may not cross enter into anything that requires jumping anything bigger than crossrails (18 inches). There is often two divisions ss hunters and ss equitation. Its usually a pretty large turnout for the ss and there are even association medal finals. I agree that you better have auto changes and get the strides to pin and to win, you generally need a pretty nice pony at the A shows. Although its not a USEF division, it is held at all the A shows in New England and New York.