PDA

View Full Version : Okay, proud Mama thread!

huntergirl007
Jun. 29, 2009, 09:02 PM
I bought my horse a little over a year ago...I thought he was going to be a lot better than he was. He never jumped. He didn't move like I thought. I was battling a VERY bad relationship, school, work. My life was all over the place.

This year, me and my horse started to gain confidence. He gave me the confidence I've never had with any other horse. I got rid of my coach, and have been doing everything on my own. We have come so far. He's now jumping small courses, moves like a hunter and we do everything together. After our first, not so good show, I was frustrated and at my wits end with him. But we took him back again - and we beat the best rider at that barn AND his Rio Grande baby! IN THE POURING RAIN! I was so proud! :sadsmile:

So, as I was riding today, I was thinking about how far we have BOTH come. He may not be six figures and he's sure not 17h. But we do our best with each other - and we understand each other. I am just so proud at the change that has happened. And I love him! :D

So there's my story. Anyone else have wanna join the Proud MAMA train? ;)

Long Spot
Jun. 29, 2009, 09:04 PM
Psst! Don't tell him he's not worth six figures! He doesn't know that and it sounds like he is priceless to you.

As they great quote says "When the student is ready, the teacher appears.".

Great job to you and your boy! :cool: