PDA

View Full Version : Boot Repair/Adjustment in Lexington,KY?

WorthTheWait95
Jun. 29, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm going to the July shows at the KHP and need to get some work done on a pair of tall boots. Any suggestions as far as stores or vendors? What kind of price am I looking at to get them cut down a bit and fix a zipper? The zipper itself is fine the tab just pulled off. Thanks in advance.

findeight
Jun. 29, 2009, 07:29 PM
Depends on what vendors are there...and as you get to the end of the month and closer to Pony Finals, the number will go up.

There are usually several that will do this and an actual boot and saddle repair tent...BUT...may take longer then you are at the show. Price is going to depend on exactly what you want done...new zippers should be about $85 or so (just guessing though). Cutting them down in height will be more because they will have to reseam along the top to resecure the lining to the upper. May involve a fitting too....that might get up there price wise. These guys do alot of business and it may take a week or so.

I'd recommend getting this done locally, if you can.

WorthTheWait95
Jun. 29, 2009, 07:33 PM
Depends on what vendors are there...and as you get to the end of the month and closer to Pony Finals, the number will go up.

There are usually several that will do this and an actual boot and saddle repair tent...BUT...may take longer then you are at the show. Price is going to depend on exactly what you want done...new zippers should be about $85 or so (just guessing though). Cutting them down in height will be more because they will have to reseam along the top to resecre the lining to the upper. may involve a fitting too....that might get up there price wise.

I'll be there July 20th-Aug 2nd. I meant cut down in the calf (too wide) I'm assuming they'll have to redo the zippers anyway because of that but I'm not 100% sure. I usually just buy new boots because I wear them out so fast but these ones are still in great shape just a little big since they've stretched some and I've lost 10 pounds. So I have no experience with boot repair/adjustments despite having owned a million pairs. I don't need them back immediately and they could easily be shipped to me (they're my schooling boots and I can use my show boots until they're done). There's only one place I've found locally that will do it and they don't do good work. I def would not trust them with my sergios. Thanks for any info!

findeight
Jun. 29, 2009, 07:55 PM
Where are you located? There is at least one place in Cinti that has a good reputation with tall boots if you can't get them done down at the Horse Park.

WorthTheWait95
Jun. 29, 2009, 08:19 PM
Where are you located? There is at least one place in Cinti that has a good reputation with tall boots if you can't get them done down at the Horse Park.

I'm in eastern Missouri. The local tack shop offered to send them off for me but I want to be there in person to be measured (the staff there means well but they don't really know what they're doing in terms of measurements). There might be more options at WEF but I'd rather do it as soon as possible and since I'll be there for two weeks anyway it seems convenient.