PDA

View Full Version : Question on Selling...



RxCate
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:45 AM
I have a very nice 3yo mare that I'm selling for my BO, whom I work for. I have had one very nice person interested and come to see her.

We have corresponded often through email, and she sounded sincerely interested, but this woman is at a big show barn and is currently very busy, therefore the emails have been less frequent lately.

Well, I don't want this mare to just sit on the farm while she thinks it over.. She needs to be broken, and I'm at the point where if I don't hear something back from my last email (sent last week) by the middle of this week, we're shipping her off to the trainer.

She came to see the mare I believe either end of April/beginning of May, so she has definitely had more than enough time to get things together.

I just want to see what you all think I should do. I really like this woman and know the mare would have a great home, but the owners and I really want to get the ball rolling with her training, if this woman isn't going to take her. :(

kellyb
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:50 AM
Doesn't sound that serious to me if she has been emailing since May and not made a move.

Got a phone number? Call her up. Tell her you know that she is interested, and just wanted to give her one last chance before sending horse to trainer. Phone calls are better than emails in a time crunch.

Trixie
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:59 AM
She came to see the mare I believe either end of April/beginning of May, so she has definitely had more than enough time to get things together.

Yup, move along.

RxCate
Jun. 29, 2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys.. I will give her a call tonight.. We were mainly holding out because we knew she'd go to a BNT show barn and she'd get the training there she deserves, but you're right, she's had plenty of time to dwell on this.

:)

Come Shine
Jun. 29, 2009, 11:24 AM
lol. Just watched the movie "He's just not that into you". If she wanted the mare, she would have made it happen. :)

RxCate
Jun. 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
Haha the book is great too and I agree ;)

Wayside
Jun. 29, 2009, 12:00 PM
I agree with everyone, but like the PP, I'd probably give her a courtesy call. "Just wanted to let you know that Mare is going into training starting on X date, and after that point, price will increase with training" or some such.

I certainly wouldn't wait on her, but there's always the possibility that she's like my own dear mother, who has to mull things over endlessly before making them happen :lol: