PDA

View Full Version : Another Bridle thread...Red Barn Bridles

Green Acres
Jun. 28, 2009, 07:36 PM
Yep, I'm still on the famous bridle search! ;) Anyone have experience with Red Barn bridles? What is their quality like? What about the less expensive Red Barn bridle like the Waterford?

vxf111
Jun. 28, 2009, 08:09 PM
I've had several Red Barn (and a KL Select) and been very pleased. Once oiled and broken in, they had the look of a bridle in the $300+ bracket. Nice TIGHT even stitching, matching reins, nice padding-- I really think they are the best bang for the buck in the under $250 price point. My only gripe would be that they run a touch big AND the oversized bridles don't have longer reins. Other than that, I have been very pleased.

Green Acres
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:13 PM
My only gripe would be that they run a touch big AND the oversized bridles don't have longer reins. Other than that, I have been very pleased.

According to the sizing chart, I would need a cobb size for my TB but the browband would be too small. The full size would be too big except for the browband. The KL website says browbands can be purchased separately.

MissKatie
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:26 PM
I have dealt with them before and I am sure they would switch it out for free! They did for me!

snaffle635
Jun. 28, 2009, 11:07 PM
Two people at my barn have them and love them. My girlfriend gets compliments on hers all the time. I think they're great! Would definitely consider one for my next bridle purchase.

halla
Jun. 29, 2009, 12:38 AM
I have one that I bought used, and while my experience of hi-end bridles is nonexistent, I really like it. My only complaint about it is the noseband seems to be a size larger than the rest of the bridle. On my horse the cheek pieces are on nearly the last hole, and the noseband is nearly on the last hole in the other direction. No idea if they are all like this, or this is an exception, or the previous owner switched pieces from two bridles.

trooper345
Jun. 29, 2009, 08:08 AM
Agreed with all of the above, LOVE my KL select, the quality of the leather was so much nicer than I expected for the price but I was really surprised about the sizing. I was sure that my usually giant sized wearing WB would need an oversize but the full fit him really well and there are plenty of holes left to adjust it out.

Green Acres
Jun. 29, 2009, 05:47 PM
Good tp hear the positive experiences with Red Barn. Are even the less expensive bridles made well?

Or maybe I should ask which style bridle do you have?