PDA

View Full Version : OKC GO Show!

~*GOJUMP*~
Jun. 28, 2009, 04:45 PM
Is anyone coming to the GO (Great Oklahoma H/J Association) AA show for two weeks in July? It's in OKC. It's not like OKC has a whole bunch of competition, but it sure is a fun show when we get lots of people from other states coming!!

Tollriffic
Jun. 28, 2009, 05:44 PM
I'm planning on going for the second week although my horse will be there the entire time. I haven't been in a few years and I'm hoping the improvements to the facility will make it a little bit nicer.

Nickelodian
Jun. 28, 2009, 05:52 PM
I'm thinking about going if I can find a way for my horse to get there and back....

I've never been, but have heard they are really fun shows!

upnover192
Jun. 28, 2009, 05:59 PM
they are really fun shows! great hospitality and the new facilities are wonderful! i hear there will be AC in 3 of the 4 rings this year as well. thank goodness!

superpony123
Jun. 28, 2009, 07:18 PM
when i saw the title, i thought, OK Go concert? why is that on a horse board? :winkgrin: :lol: and i don't even listen to them that much.

Hunter Mom
Jun. 28, 2009, 10:41 PM
when i saw the title, i thought, OK Go concert? why is that on a horse board? :winkgrin: :lol: and i don't even listen to them that much.

I dont' think so, but we really wanted to. DH just got a new job, so not sure the $$ will be there to go. :( We'll probalby go next year. Why can't I just win the lottery or have some filthy rich distance relative leave me big money?

~*GOJUMP*~
Jun. 28, 2009, 11:22 PM
I'm planning on going for the second week although my horse will be there the entire time. I haven't been in a few years and I'm hoping the improvements to the facility will make it a little bit nicer.

The new facility is absolutely AMAZING! We have had some little schooling shows there this season, and it's fantabulous! haha!

I'm thinking about going if I can find a way for my horse to get there and back....

I've never been, but have heard they are really fun shows!

The shows are great, and with the new facility...they are even better!

they are really fun shows! great hospitality and the new facilities are wonderful! i hear there will be AC in 3 of the 4 rings this year as well. thank goodness!

Yep! The rings are AC'ed, except for one- and it's inside and shaded but not too hot! And plus, I don't they plan on showing in that one this year (although I'm not 100% sure on that!)

I dont' think so, but we really wanted to. DH just got a new job, so not sure the $$ will be there to go. :( We'll probalby go next year. Why can't I just win the lottery or have some filthy rich distance relative leave me big money?

Yeah, I think the lottery would make life so much easier during these tough times! haha!

haha! Those are the people that have the music video on the treadmills? I'd seriously injure myself while trying to make a music video like that!!!
And if that's not who you're talking about, then I have NO clue who OK Go is! LOL!

EllenAspen
Jun. 29, 2009, 09:36 AM
We will be there with my A/O hunter and my AA hunter for both weeks. We are bringing a yearling and two year old for the hunter breeding and International Hunter Futurity the second week.

Long Shadow Farm
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:34 AM
I may pop in for some jumper classes with my QH gelding.

The fairgrounds is a great place to show now with the improvements. However, make sure that you do not leave your valuables in your trucks and lock everything up! There has been a rash of breakins during some of the shows this spring and the Fairgrounds and OKC police department are working on it. But better be safe than sorry!

Bobbi

Nickelodian
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:51 AM
Ellen - Your horse is so cute, I'm glad that we're in different A/A divisions. :) I have the big black limo looking guy with the star.

showjumpers66
Jun. 29, 2009, 01:03 PM
The International Hunter Futurity Mid-West Regional will be happening on the 21st. Very exciting. Summer & I are going to try to make it up there to watch although we won't have anything nominated to show until next year.

EllenAspen
Jun. 29, 2009, 01:19 PM
Nickelodean

Ellen - Your horse is so cute, I'm glad that we're in different A/A divisions. I have the big black limo looking guy with the star.

Thanks for the compliment...I love both my mares. What division do you show in? What's your horses name? Were you in Waco?

Nickelodian
Jun. 29, 2009, 03:37 PM
I show in the younger A/As for now, hoping to move up to the 3'3 A/Os in the fall, and maybe the 3'6 next year...seems ambitious, we'll see.

I was at waco all three weeks. Didn't you show Ascot U/S week 2? If so I was on the long black horse with the giant head next to you in the line up. His name is Toujours (TJ) :)

EllenAspen
Jun. 29, 2009, 07:55 PM
Yes...I did show Ascot in the U/S...I saw your horse...very nice. Glad to be home and away from the heat!!

Tollriffic
Jun. 30, 2009, 02:47 AM
I may pop in for some jumper classes with my QH gelding.

The fairgrounds is a great place to show now with the improvements. However, make sure that you do not leave your valuables in your trucks and lock everything up! There has been a rash of breakins during some of the shows this spring and the Fairgrounds and OKC police department are working on it. But better be safe than sorry!

Bobbi

A great reminder for everyone. A few years ago in OKC my trainer and I had both of our purses stolen as we were unloading the trailer. Its safe to say being without cell phones, credit cards and any money at all makes life very difficult.

equinechic447
Jun. 30, 2009, 10:18 PM
i might go the first week, would be my first time at the go show.. heard its fun..

This Is It
Jul. 9, 2009, 02:07 AM
...because I registered with COTH just to tell the peeps on here that I was going to go watch the GO show and take pics.

So what's everyone planning on showing in? I was planning on just staying in the jumper ring because that is my favorite, but last year, there were some reallllllllllllllllllly nice hunters...hmmmm....:)

EllenAspen
Jul. 9, 2009, 09:35 AM
I am showing in A/O and AA hunters. We have two colts doing the hunter breeding and IHF challenge series...we are looking forward to it...

Nickelodian
Jul. 9, 2009, 12:06 PM
Please come to the hunter ring!!!!!! I'm showing my guy in the younger A/As, both weeks. I haven't gotten a decent picture all year. :(

TJ is pretty easy to pick out, as he's usually one of the few black horses in the class. He has a star and snip with four little white socks.

This is him

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da37b3127ccec6b41cef10c000000030O08QcNmzJsxaA9 vPhQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

OkLurchers
Jul. 9, 2009, 10:43 PM
showjumpers66
The International Hunter Futurity Mid-West Regional will be happening on the 21st. Very exciting. Summer & I are going to try to make it up there to watch although we won't have anything nominated to show until next year.

Barb,
Will Apiro be at the GO Shows this year? I was hoping to see him.

WilmarFarm
Jul. 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
I won't be there, but both of my horses will. I have a 5 year old bay QH stud, LousianaSaturdayNite, and a big palomino gelding, MWS Twist of Flash, who will both show in the Hunters and the Jumpers. I'm bummed that I won't be there!

Good Luck to all!!

-Moira

Giddy-up
Jul. 10, 2009, 11:28 AM
I hope the IHF has a strong turn out. :yes:

My horse has aged out, but I still get IHF mailings. I just got yesterday in the mail the entry forms for the IHF which it said the Midwest show was due back in the IHF office July 14th. Yikes!

Good luck everybody. :D

Long Shadow Farm
Jul. 10, 2009, 11:58 AM
Moira,

I loff Noah! He is soo cool. I started riding with Carrie and Susan during the Redbud this spring. Bummer you can't come down but maybe I can meet you at one of the QH shows this fall.

Bobbi

This Is It
Jul. 11, 2009, 01:43 AM
Nickelodian: TJ is such a cutie. I have a thing for black horses. :) Does A/A stand for adult amateur? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to hunter divisions.

Ah now I can't wait for the GO show!

:)

Nickelodian
Jul. 11, 2009, 08:23 AM
Yup, A/A is Adult Ammys. :)

Thanks for the compliments on TJ, he's a pre-green horse (1st year of showing), so we are often very inconsistent, but we're working on it!

harmonytx
Jul. 11, 2009, 05:16 PM
I'll be there the second week - first time in OKC and only second time showing my mare in the jumpers so I'm definitely excited! And hopefully we'll get pictures this time, the photographer in Waco barely got any shots in the jumper ring at all :no:

Hope to see everyone there! Good luck to all!

This Is It
Jul. 11, 2009, 05:32 PM
Any one else who wants me to take pictures of them, just shoot me a PM stating what day you'll be showing and where.

:D

Nickelodian
Jul. 11, 2009, 05:43 PM
Harmony - The photog in waco got hardly any pictures of any ring.

harmonytx
Jul. 11, 2009, 08:23 PM
Harmony - The photog in waco got hardly any pictures of any ring.

I noticed that too, just trying to be nice about it :winkgrin:

MissIndependence
Jul. 12, 2009, 12:35 AM
I'll be there doing the A/O jumpers the second week with my two boys. I would have loved to have done both weeks but too much work....ugh! Can't wait to see the new improved facility....I have heard great things and haven't been to that show in 30 years!!!

Nickelodian
Jul. 12, 2009, 04:46 PM
So I'm just curious if any OK people will be there...seems like a lot of Texans on this thread! :)

~*GOJUMP*~
Jul. 13, 2009, 12:10 AM
OH OH! Oklahoman right here!!!!!!!!

And the new facilities are AHMAYZING!!!!!!!!!!! There is a restaurant... OH SO yummy (well it definitely beats concession stands!)

Blinky
Jul. 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
Where will the results be?
My barn is going for two weeks.

I am not. All though-in the middle of the rehab process and my horse looks great. It's been a long road so I'm crossing my fingers and hope I'm not jinxing myself! We video'd him yesterday and I've watched it like 5 times in 24 hours. :)

Nickelodian
Jul. 15, 2009, 08:47 AM
I don't see anywhere in the prizelist that they are going to post results online. I just checked horseshowsonline.com and they aren't listed.

:(

EllenAspen
Jul. 15, 2009, 10:16 AM
They usually post results on horseshowsonline.com...they did last year at least. So, I bet they will this year again...just don't have it listed yet.

WilmarFarm
Jul. 15, 2009, 05:09 PM
Moira,

I loff Noah! He is soo cool. I started riding with Carrie and Susan during the Redbud this spring. Bummer you can't come down but maybe I can meet you at one of the QH shows this fall.

Bobbi

Hey Bobbi,

I was at the Redbud! I was the pregnant lady who kept getting teased for riding a stud around! Did you have the sorrel in the jumpers? That is the only new horse I can think of from the Redbud.

I'll hopefully be back in the saddle for the Congress and World show.

-Moira

Long Shadow Farm
Jul. 15, 2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah,

I ride a big sorrel with a star, snip and two hind socks. I just hauled in and out during the Redbud since I had to work the days I didn't show. Hopefully all will work out and I can go to the Congress. And I am for sure in for the World.

Bobbi

showjumpers66
Jul. 17, 2009, 04:28 AM
:( Not this year. He fractured his hock on the breeding mount in January. But, he has been cleared to go back to work this week. Hopefully, next year! We will be bringing a yearling for the hunter futurity.

showjumpers66
Barb,
Will Apiro be at the GO Shows this year? I was hoping to see him.

Dana
Jul. 19, 2009, 01:17 AM
So, what's happening at GO? No one has posted an update for this week.

Anyone found the results online?

Dana

EllenAspen
Jul. 19, 2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.horseshowsonline.com/Default.aspx

Above is the link for the results...

OkLurchers
Jul. 27, 2009, 01:30 PM
Those of you who showed at the GO shows this year in OKC--how did you like the shows?
Any suggestions for improvements? Props and/or complaints??

RedOTTB
Jul. 30, 2009, 01:17 PM
I really wanted to go and visit my old OU friends too but couldn't :( I had a friend tell me though that the facilities were pretty neat and it seemed to be pretty drama free too. :D Heard about a kid that fell off when her horse tripped in the warm up, then she ran her horse into a standard in the hack right after. But other than that, sounds like it was fun! Maybe next year...

Nickelodian
Aug. 5, 2009, 07:39 PM
This is It - did you get any photos? Again the pro photog didn't get any of my horse :(

I liked the shows, very nice. The only frustrating thing was not having a real aisle to walk down to get to the hunter rings. I felt bad cutting through people's aisles.

Fun shows, loved the atmosphere and nice horses!

This Is It
Aug. 5, 2009, 09:38 PM
...I couldn't make it out to the show except for the Grand Prix and one other day and was only in the hunter ring for half a class before I had to go pick my sister up.

I'm sorry the photographer didn't get any pictures of you. Was he the one with Photographic Memory, by any chance? I know this does nothing for you now, but next time you show and P.M. is the photog, shoot him an e-mail and he'll accomodate you.

He and his wife are by far, the most accomodating photographers and because they are relatively new to horse photgraphy, are inexpensive but the photos are still excellent.

Sorry I couldn't get pictures of you and TJ, I was looking forward to meeting you.

:(

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Aug. 6, 2009, 06:58 PM
Those of you who showed at the GO shows this year in OKC--how did you like the shows?

The hospitality was awesome!

And the office was terribly slow and didn't have add/scratch forms handy, I couldn't get a sheet with entry numbers ever, prize lists were unavailable and schedules for more than the current day were hard to come by.

I was on there the Preview week, so I can hope that it got better the second week.

They also made a rather major error on my bill... I got charged a nominating fee twice... another $150. I waited for almost an hour in the office before I got to talk to someone and then they tried to say I should have had to pay it.

And of course losing power after the first trip in the Prix... but someone running into a transformer pole wasn't anything the management could have handled any differently.

The food at the dinner was really good, and the facility is beautiful. The prizes were nice and there was good money in the lower levels. ($140 for first in the High Child/AA's on a $45 entry.) The gate and ring crew were well coordinated and friendly...

All around it was a great show.

OkLurchers
Aug. 6, 2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks, Smile...I'll pass on your comments to the 'powers that be!'

Tollriffic
Aug. 6, 2009, 09:20 PM

I also thought the office was a little slow and on several occasions I found their remarks to me slightly rude. Schedules were hard to come by and adding warm up classes everyday based on entries was really a pain. We try to do our entries at the beginning of the week and having to track down the class numbers, because sometimes they didnt have them ready, was annoying.

The guys running the gates did a great job with the number of entries they all had. The facility is so much nicer than it used to be. I wish something could be done about the theft but the highly visible signs are a fair warning to all. The prize money was also very good.

I didn't think the hospitality was as great as in years past. I recalled more parties and dinners so I was a little dissapointed. I think I had more fun at the crew/exhibitors volleyball game than anything else just because it was at a time when we were finished for the day.

robinspaint
Aug. 12, 2009, 12:37 AM
Felt they shut the rings down too early for schooling. I heard a number of complaints about this. Also noticed the hospitality was lacking. But overall not a bad show.

EllenAspen
Aug. 12, 2009, 02:55 AM
I prefer the show management allow schooling over fences in the morning...

Nickelodian
Aug. 12, 2009, 10:44 AM
A real pro photographer with a person for each ring would be a huge plus. The photog that was there is really nice, but she doesn't have enough coverage.

I seem to be one themed....

;)

OkLurchers
Aug. 12, 2009, 07:25 PM
EA--I'm surprised to hear you weren't allowed to school in the AM. I showed there from 1998-2008 and was always able to school hunters in the AM. Now, they quit letting jumpers in the ring in the AM after 1999...

MissIndependence
Aug. 12, 2009, 09:03 PM
I did the second week and thought that most of it was great....the rings were really nice, the footing fabulous, jumps nice and rings ran well (albeit a little overly grouchy). I liked the hospitality and thought it was very very nice. The crime at the facility was ridiculous though...22 cars broken into second week? A facility and show that nice can afford to hire some more security if it becomes a problem(which it did). I had my camper at the horseshow and got pretty uptight after all the break ins. That was my biggest complaint. Otherwise I would go back for more shows a lot. One of the nicer indoor shows I have attended recently!

Lea
Jun. 7, 2010, 12:31 PM
How hot is it really for the July shows?

Elmstead
Jun. 7, 2010, 06:48 PM
We'll be there in July for both weeks. The new facility is really great. You won't notice the July heat because these are indoor (mostly air-conditioned) facilities. Very nice!

hntrjmprpro45
Jun. 8, 2010, 12:51 AM
I'll be there with some horses and clients. I may ride 2-3 five year olds in either baby greens or very lows (maybe a pregreen) and possibly ride an older greenie in low level jumpers or the 3' hunters. Not sure which clients will go yet, maybe a beginner, intermediate and long stirrup rider. I may also bring some "tag alongs" (young horses too green for showing but needing to be in the atmosphere).