PDA

View Full Version : I could use suggestions.....

grandprixjump
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:46 PM
I am re-opening a stable in MS that has been closed for a couple years. The last person here, I was told, ripped off the owner for a lot of money and took all the boarders at that time.
I have redone the website (http://www.natcheztracestables.net) and am getting decent hits to the site, average minimum of 8 and as many as 60 a day, but no follow thru.
There isn't a decent tack shop within 150 miles, yes there is some feed stores that have minimal tack, but not much. I have been putting up fliers, at these places for lessons, boarding, etc.
Any suggestions on getting the name out, the fact we are trying to hold schooling shows, and accepting boarders would be greatly appreciated.
I have already been using CL, LocalHorse, and a couple others. I even did mailers before trying to hold a show a little over a month ago and had one person show up. I was told that people are more concerned about points now, than decent prize money being offered.

bigyellowmoose
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:58 PM
I've been in your position myself. It took a while for things to get rolling... I plastered the town with flyers, lol, in the local library, grocery stores, anywhere people gathered. I went to shows and asked the show committee if I could put flyers up in the office. I advertised in the local classifieds paper. It took almost a year for all the spaces to fill up but they did and the barn has done pretty rolling business since then. I was only the manager, once things got up and running I hired someone to replace myself and handed the reins over to the actual owner. Guess I was just kind of a consultant, lol.

At any rate good luck :D

BabyGreen
Jun. 28, 2009, 01:04 PM
How about putting a map on your website? I board in the Memphis area, so am curious about how far you are from here.

equest
Jun. 28, 2009, 04:51 PM
The facility looks great! 100 acres - wow. I am from the area originally (Clinton) and I miss those open spaces and trails :).