PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Code Book to decipher saddle underflap codes?

InTheDark
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm still searching for that perfect (used) saddle and am learning way more than i ever thought I'd have to along this journey(thanks already to many of you here....). I have a hard time deciphering the codes stamped on the underflap. All the french saddles seem to use slightly different codes. i believe that i have figured out the flap length/degree of forward codes on most and the depth of seat. but some still stump me. I can't believe that there is not some website out there that has the "master" codes for all ....
If there is one out there, please enlighten me.....
In the interim, do any of you know what the following codes mean on an Antares?
AR 5
RAR+10
i believe it has to do with panel construction, but not exactly sure what. thanks for any assistance......

Peggy
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:02 PM
Contact Antares. My experience with Hermes and Amerigo is that both were very helpful in deciphering. Can't imagine that Antares would be any different.

LetsRide
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:23 PM
I'm still searching for that perfect (used) saddle and am learning way more than i ever thought I'd have to along this journey(thanks already to many of you here....). I have a hard time deciphering the codes stamped on the underflap. All the french saddles seem to use slightly different codes. i believe that i have figured out the flap length/degree of forward codes on most and the depth of seat. but some still stump me. I can't believe that there is not some website out there that has the "master" codes for all ....
If there is one out there, please enlighten me.....
In the interim, do any of you know what the following codes mean on an Antares?
AR 5
RAR+10
i believe it has to do with panel construction, but not exactly sure what. thanks for any assistance......

Yes it has to do with the amount of flocking variance from the standard. I know the RAR+10 means that a slight amount of extra flocking has been added to the rear of the panels under the back of the seat area.

I think the AR refers to the front of the panels where they go along down from the withers to the shoulder area. Perhaps more or less flocking along there to make the saddle a tad narrower or wider depending if there is a + or - in front of the 5. Not 100% about that one. :)