PDA

View Full Version : What do you pay for pro ride?

twotonejobber
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:20 AM
Just wondering what people pay to have their trainer show their horse? I thought there was a post about this fairly recently but I can find it. Thanks!!

oldenburger with fries and a cold beer
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:24 PM
I couldn't find the thread for you...sorry. But, at the barn I ride with it is $20 for a home show and $35 for an away. I am on the north shore of MA. Good luck!

bear necessities
Jun. 28, 2009, 01:16 PM
One of my old trainers was $30 a ride, soo either $120 or $150 a division depending on the number of classes-- she was in Marietta area, PA.[oldenburger..I love your name, I definately cracked up!]

Jaegermonster
Jun. 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
My trainer right now charges a schooling fee, it's the same if I ride or she rides.
It's either $40 or $45 for the day. But usually my horse only does one maybe two divisions, and up until the last show I showed in the hack and my trainer did the O/F. This last show she did all of it.

JOBEAN
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:12 PM
$60.00 a class...:yes:

Go Fish
Jun. 28, 2009, 10:56 PM
Nothing, if the horse is in training. I do pay a day fee of $60 per horse.

je.suis
Jun. 29, 2009, 07:34 AM
What about a trainer with whom you don't ride? What do you pay a pro you've asked to ride your horse at a particular show? Just curious....

findeight
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:13 AM
What about a trainer with whom you don't ride? What do you pay a pro you've asked to ride your horse at a particular show? Just curious....

Depends on the size of the show and the reputation of the rider.

Lets just say it could be $25 for Jane Newbie-Wannabetrainer at the Sunkissed Acres Hunter Classic and Playday and $125 for Susan Megawinner at WEF. Per class.

katie16
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:17 AM
$30 per class

oldenburger with fries and a cold beer
Jun. 29, 2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks Bear! If you saw my horse you would totally understand!!!! Got some serious junk in the trunk!!!

je.suis
Jun. 29, 2009, 03:40 PM
Findlight, I've paid 125-130 plus tip, % of winnings and if you're really nice, dinner. Yes, for Susie Megawinner (lol) and very appreciative for the ride. There's always been an occasion for whatever reason, my rider has been unable to make the show on that day. What I love about the horseshow world is that we know and support one another. But business is business and I would never ever accept a rider for no fee. That said, I would pay a local rider at least 75 for a well done job with all the above perks. If you do a good job, you should be rewarded for it.

Aliascml
Jun. 29, 2009, 06:12 PM
For a pro to ride from our barn, it costs $20 per class at a show.