PDA

View Full Version : Tack shops to visit in St. Louis?

Hunter Mom
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:54 AM
We may be going to St. Louis week after next for a few days as a little get away. DH will be there on business, so DD and I may ride along and hang out for a few days. Are there any great tack stores we must hit while there? His company hasn't told him where he'll be staying yet, so no idea where in St. Louis.

Cookiewoo
Jun. 28, 2009, 08:41 AM
The Tack Trunk, 133 Chesterfield Towne Centre, Chesterfield MO. Phone 636-812-0146. A great selection of the latest A show fashion, plus a great assortment of used tack and clothing. They don't take junk! so their used stuff is almost as good as new. Also have a store at the National Equestian Center (15 A or AA shows a year) and will bring out whatever you need if you are there at the show. There is a rated show starting July 1st-5th.

Hunter Mom
Jun. 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
The Tack Trunk, 133 Chesterfield Towne Centre, Chesterfield MO. Phone 636-812-0146. A great selection of the latest A show fashion, plus a great assortment of used tack and clothing. They don't take junk! so their used stuff is almost as good as new. Also have a store at the National Equestian Center (15 A or AA shows a year) and will bring out whatever you need if you are there at the show. There is a rated show starting July 1st-5th.

Are there good vendors at St. Louis? If we go next week, a couple of girls I ride with are going to be riding, so we may stop by the show.

Cookiewoo
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:58 AM
Vendors usually include Paradise Designs for monogramming almost anything, Bridal Suites for clothing, R.J. Marshall sterling for one of a kind hand made jewelry, sometimes Loose Ends for stone-type handmade necklaces and earrings, it varies. There is also sometimes a CWD vendor, and Prestige saddlery; Audrey can measure for custom boots. The show is outside, vendors inside the lobby, a welcome relief from the hot rings.

Quin
Jun. 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
The Tack Trunk is very nice, but for comparison purposes: it's about the same size as Horse Hardware in Stilwell. CM Tack is easily twice as big. You might have more fun stopping by the show and checking out the vendors.

Although you should call the Tack Trunk when you get into the city and ask if they have any consignment saddles of the size you are currently looking for ;)

Hunter Mom
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:45 PM
The Tack Trunk is very nice, but for comparison purposes: it's about the same size as Horse Hardware in Stilwell. CM Tack is easily twice as big. You might have more fun stopping by the show and checking out the vendors.

Although you should call the Tack Trunk when you get into the city and ask if they have any consignment saddles of the size you are currently looking for ;)

Both stores I'm very familiar with. I bought both my saddle and DD's at CM - they're a quick drive from here and I love their selection of low to high $$ stuff. I do love HH, though, too. I remember shopping there as a kid!

For those of you going to St. Louis, one of the moms in our barn makes beautiful equestrian jewelry, and she'll be there. Be sure to find Stacey at Crooked Post Farm to check out the selection!