PDA

View Full Version : What do you think - mare

miss mare
Jun. 27, 2009, 08:49 PM
Hey, this is a 3yo that I am possibly going buy, she has a slight pigeon toe on one foot which you can't tell from the photo but can you see anything glaringly obvious that screems out conformation wise, its the only photo I have at the moment, but good thing is she has a nice nature!

http://megandkenny.blogspot.com/

EquineLVR
Jun. 27, 2009, 09:57 PM
What is it your want to do with her?

Stinky
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:01 PM
Is it just the grass, or lighting or me...... but does her front right pastern look a tad..... long??

miss mare
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:06 PM
A bit of everything but showhunter

EquineLVR
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:08 PM
Is it just the grass, or lighting or me...... but does her front right pastern look a tad..... long??

I thought that too..

What is her breeding? If you just want a casual riding horse she seems to be fine.

Centuree
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:15 PM
She has a lovely honest face! Can't really tell her conformation from the picture - but to do a bit of everything, looks like she'll be a nice partner.

miss mare
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:32 PM
Not sure I think it may be a trick of the eye, she is standing at a funny angle too, I'll take some better ones when I go back and see her, I have just added another couple, one was when she was 18 months old, thanks for the comments anyway!

dghunter
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:08 AM
Just had to say I love the color :)

besttwtbever
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:59 AM
Can't tell much from the pictures. She is a very nice color.

From what I can see it looks like she is a little long in the back. While it doesn't appear to be a serious fault it is just something to think about. I have seen a few longer horses come up with a lot of back problems, while others don't have any.

In the first picture of her (I am assuming this is when she is younger in which case disregard the following until better conformation pictures are posted). She appears to be built a tad downhill. It can be tricky to get these types of horses to balance and get off their forehand.

Just some ideas. She is very cute and if she has a good head on her shoulders you can't beat that!