PDA

View Full Version : Come ride with me.... helmet CAM - short edition

tidy rabbit
Jun. 27, 2009, 06:34 PM
Havoline & the single vertical...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM3wC9DI2AQ

magic mushroom
Jun. 27, 2009, 06:38 PM
cool! where did you get the helmet cam?? are they expensive? we were thinking it would be so great to have one when we foxhunt, on the beautiful ranches, up and down hills and especially in the spring thru the wildflowers

LexInVA
Jun. 27, 2009, 06:56 PM
I think you will find that this (http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=1) is suitable for foxhunting. You can take a lot of POV video with it and it's easy to upload and work with. You just need a suitable helmet with vents so a traditional plain Hunt cap would probably be out of the question unless you could get it to stick on there.

2hsmommy
Jun. 27, 2009, 06:57 PM
So nifty! I love it!

tidy rabbit
Jun. 27, 2009, 06:58 PM
I have what Lex posted, the go pro.

magic mushroom
Jun. 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
thanks.

hellerkm
Jun. 27, 2009, 08:12 PM
That is way too cool!! could we do a whole course next time???? I am currently training my kids and don't get much saddle time, I could live vicariously through your rides LOL!!!!

cutemudhorse
Jun. 27, 2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, let's do the whole course! And someone get a camera and get some foxhunting videos! :yes:

BarbB
Jun. 27, 2009, 09:17 PM
That was too cool! thanks for sharing. I found the one with the grid too, I like that one.

MistyPony
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:11 PM
My fiance just got this camera for a mountain biking trip and I can't wait to steal it as soon as he gets back!

Chylli
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:25 PM
OMG that's way cool!

Seven-up
Jun. 27, 2009, 11:11 PM
I watched the one where Havoline wears the camera. Made me a little seasick.:lol: I kept wondering if it was flopping around on his head, or does his head truly move around that much?

superpony123
Jun. 27, 2009, 11:40 PM
COOL! :D more more more more!

superpony123
Jun. 27, 2009, 11:43 PM
also you really have like, THE best horse on earth, i love the havoline wears the cam video!! :D my pony's eyes would fall out of his face if i ever put one of those things on him :lol:

Heineken
Jun. 27, 2009, 11:46 PM
That's AWESOME! And, Tidy, I watched the normal view and am very jealous of your leg, it never moves!

IsolaBella09
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:32 AM
Tidy, this is AWESOME! :D I love Havoline, but I'm still stealing Aero...;)

Kato
Jun. 28, 2009, 02:53 AM
Haha love it! But when I watched the one with the camera on Havoline's head, I couldn't even finish watching it, it was making me so motion sick!

mvp
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:04 AM
I found the Havoline-centric vid and loved it. Loved it! Thanks for using him "outside the box" this way. The things we make horses do....

tidy rabbit
Jun. 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
Maybe by the end of the summer we'll be back to doing big course work. I sure hope so! I'll definitely do the helmet cam we we get to it. At this point we're only doing 3' course work, which wouldn't be very interesting with the helmet cam.

I'm actually starting to look forward to working out my issue with the single oxers! :) Now that I have complete control over all 4 of my horse's feet, I think I'm getting close to being ready! Boy has this been a long and winding road.

Seven-up, I hold my head much more still than Havoline does his!

CraziiPonii
Jun. 28, 2009, 10:54 AM
I love this. It feels like I'm riding around the course on Havoline(who is gorgeous btw) Now I really want one of those cameras...

Seven-up
Jun. 28, 2009, 11:26 AM
Seven-up, I hold my head much more still than Havoline does his!

That was one of the things I noticed, that it's so smooth when it's on your noggin. You also keep your head up. If it were me, there would be footage of the ground every few seconds. I am constantly checking to make sure the horse is still underneath me!:lol:

Mamare
Jun. 28, 2009, 03:44 PM
That is so cool! Now I can jump vicariously through you!

Come Shine
Sep. 9, 2009, 01:57 PM
That was one of the things I noticed, that it's so smooth when it's on your noggin. You also keep your head up.

lol! That's what I noticed, too. It was "Wait a minute, why can't you see the ground line?" Which is usually where I am looking going over the fence. :)

More please tr!

What a great training tool this would be for riders learning to do their first big courses.

Giddy-up
Sep. 9, 2009, 03:33 PM
Love it! :cool:

Made my non-horse co-worker watch it too. She thought it was neat--especially the horse's ears bobbing along. Funny the things people that don't ride will notice. :lol:

billiebob
Sep. 9, 2009, 04:40 PM
Can I request a course video? My greenie only does 2'ish right now and I'd love to live vicariously through you and Havoline! Love your videos, even the non-helmet cam ones!

BuddyRoo
Sep. 9, 2009, 04:42 PM
love it!

In_
Sep. 9, 2009, 08:44 PM
Screw the camera- I'll take the horse!!!