PDA

View Full Version : Ode to a true show horse.

heygirlhey33
Jun. 26, 2009, 11:28 PM
Im just gonna get it out there that I think my horse loves horse showing.

I love how my slim tb cross (who we've been trying to get that extra 20 pounds on since we bought him 9 months ago)does the oposite of normal. And instead of doing what the normal stressed show horse who looses weight because of no turn out and high stress, he gains weight and muscle at his first AA two week show of the year.

I also love how he tries to walk out first in every hack. He does not tense or try to leave before they call the results, but waits until they call the first number. This caused trouble in the last two weeks when he didnt win the hack.

Also he is a totally different horse in the show ring then he is after hes won a class, both times these last weeks on his way home from being soo calm and collected in the show ring he spooks himself on the walk back to the barn.

I also swear he jumps better when hes braided then not, comparing pictures from the days he does the lows unbraided to when he actually does his real divisions.

Lastly he gets depressed when the big horse truck comes for all the other horses and leaves him at home (one show he was off the week before) he will actually pout and make a fuss about not going.

Oh my I love my special little horse show loving guy. He truly is a champ :)

MistyPony
Jun. 27, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hee hee hee I love the ones that try to walk out first because they're positive they won!

hrsgirl07
Jun. 27, 2009, 09:59 AM
hee hee i have one of these too... most recently, she basically dragged me over to the trailer and backed into her spot (she hadn't been any where for 6 months) and then in our flat class she really wanted to be first or second and kept trying to walk out of the line up... finally we had been having issues at home with her charging jumps so i decided to just do the warm up.... well she just loped around so of couse i HAD to jump :)

make x it x so
Jun. 27, 2009, 11:04 AM
I've got one of those first-place-hack-walkers right here. What's funny is, we don't even usually win the hack (he's a good mover but not the guaranteed winner by any means) but he's always sure we did! Stands so nicely in the lineup until they call the first name, then gets agitated when I restrain him. I wonder what would happen if they called it in reverse order?

TheOneandOnly
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:18 PM
Dido the "I must have won this class, why arent you letting me get that blue mom?" horse. It makes me smile to think about it now but it I know it irritates me in the ring. Haha I do love that horse =] thanks for this thread!

TheOneandOnly
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:21 PM
and he's always listening to what the announcer has to say, especially the downward transitions :lol:

PNWjumper
Jun. 28, 2009, 03:55 PM
I had to laugh at the OP. I always joke that my mare is the only horse on the show grounds gaining weight through the week of showing. She's on a perpetual diet at home, but she gets basically free fed at shows with both her normal grass hay and alfalfa (for a little extra energy). I swear she'd stay on the circuit every week of the summer if she had the choice! :lol: