PDA

View Full Version : Ariat Monacos cheapety-cheap on Ebay...

Romany
Jun. 26, 2009, 07:21 PM
At least, that's what they look like, I thought! Nowhere near my size sadly, and not listed as Monacos, but I figured if they'd fit someone here, go for it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170349355885

I compared them to the Ariat promo for Monacos:

http://www.ariat.com/monaco/

Good luck!

hellerkm
Jun. 26, 2009, 07:25 PM
do they even realize they are Riding boots ??? they seem to be listed as Fashion boots LOL!!! no calf size listed that I can see, so hard to tell who they will fit , but hey they have a medium high heel!!! gotta love non horse people!

alittlegray
Jun. 26, 2009, 07:42 PM
Whoa..that's my size!! Now here's hoping they stay 'Cheap" for the next five days!

mg
Jun. 26, 2009, 08:13 PM
"Perfect for any occasion, don't miss out!" :lol:

Relative Ease
Jun. 26, 2009, 08:17 PM
The great thing is that this particular seller ("Linda's Stuff") has a return policy and she makes good on it. :) I bought a suit from her recently that was too small, called to tell her I was returning it, there were no questions/no guilt tripping, and she refunded my money the day she got it back - the whole process was a breeze. Makes it easier to take a chance on size... :D

In the Air
Jun. 26, 2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks! I just bid :yes:

GreystoneKC
Jun. 26, 2009, 10:10 PM
That's always nice to know! It will probably make her a more popular seller also. :)

Linny
Jun. 26, 2009, 11:53 PM
Wow! She obviously has no idea that they are in fact real riding boots. I wonder how she came to own them...

Romany
Jun. 27, 2009, 09:50 AM
do they even realize they are Riding boots ??? they seem to be listed as Fashion boots LOL!!! no calf size listed that I can see, so hard to tell who they will fit , but hey they have a medium high heel!!! gotta love non horse people!

Aren't the calf/height specs given with the size, stamped inside the boots? Maybe ask the seller...discreetly! :cool:

chawley
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:15 PM
She has them listed as medium calf. You can go to the Ariat site or any tack shop online to find out the measurements. Unfortunately, I need a slim.....but wow, what a potentially great deal.

Seven-up
Jun. 28, 2009, 01:12 AM
Does it make me a good person or a bad person that I want to tell her how much those really cost? Not gonna, but still...:lol:

In the Air
Jun. 28, 2009, 08:41 AM
Please don't :winkgrin:, I am hoping to give them a good home....

Seven-up
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:10 AM
Haha, that's why I'm not, cuz I saw someone on here was bidding for them. Hope you get 'em!:D

anchorsaway
Jun. 28, 2009, 10:24 AM
I might just have to keep my eye on those!

I did find a pair of Der Dau's on tacktrader, but the seller never got back to me about shipping-
http://tacktrader.com/show_item.php?tack_id=279179&share_this=Y
maybe someone else will have better luck?

Seeing that no matter how much we bug my trainer to do a dressage team for IHSA...no dice. Sigh, so the dressage rider(me) is going to be transformed(successfully is yet to be seen :D) into a hunter.

mjmvet
Jun. 28, 2009, 12:56 PM
Good heavens! I just looked up how much those boots are new! Are any boots really worth $900??

BeastieSlave
Jun. 28, 2009, 01:09 PM
Since I have friends bidding, the girls and I have perfectly fine boots, and I am not showing now anyway, I will abstain from bidding.... :sigh:

trv_at_tacf
Jun. 29, 2009, 09:22 AM
So i went to the ariat website to get sizing, and Medium refers to the height (short, medium, tall), and the calfs are suppose to be slim, regular, full, wide.... and no where on the listing does it say this, or how wide they are measured at. Has anyone asked the seller this yet? If not i guess thats next on my list. Because I know i am either a regular or full calf, im like in between.

http://www.ariat.com/images/products/FW_SP06.tallboot.chart.pdf

vxf111
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:00 AM
Snipe guys, snipe. All this early bidding, you're just driving up the price on yourselves! :)

In the Air
Jun. 29, 2009, 10:58 AM
I have sent several e-mails to the seller and have recieved no response. Never a good thing..:sadsmile:

Sorry just got a reply, medium height, regular calf.

GreystoneKC
Jun. 29, 2009, 11:53 AM
Absolutely cannot figure out why people are bidding... only driving up the price...

vxf111
Jun. 29, 2009, 12:02 PM
Absolutely cannot figure out why people are bidding... only driving up the price...

noobs ;)

In the Air
Jun. 29, 2009, 12:14 PM
I am sure others, as well as myself also use a sniping program. :yes:

equest
Jun. 29, 2009, 01:13 PM
Half size too small, unfortunately. They could have been my birthday present to myself ...

trv_at_tacf
Jun. 29, 2009, 04:58 PM
So I have full calf now, in crown pros, and they are now kinda baggy, but these are regular which for 8.5-9 foot the calf is 14 inch... my full calfs previously mentioned were originally 15 (i think now stretched out)... and my calf measures 14 1/4. :eek: