PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Benefit - How is it going - any results

justathought
Jun. 26, 2009, 07:23 PM
Just wondering how its going

giddybiddy
Jun. 26, 2009, 08:40 PM
I heard it was super rainy and muddy and that some people left early.

We almost went, but I'm really glad we didn't! Of all grounds to be on when there's a huge storm overnight, that is NOT one of them! It floods way too easily, IMO.

Comfortably Numb
Jun. 26, 2009, 08:41 PM
I was there yesterday, thought the turnout was not as good as other years. Very few of the racetrack barns had horses in them.

harmonyhillfarm
Jun. 26, 2009, 10:11 PM
Show is going well- it is not rainy or muddy. The rings have been moving along quite well, Richard, Russell and Jacquie are doing a great job keeping things flowing. Many people did seem to pack up and leave tonight, and entries look light for tomorrow, so we shall see. Who else is here?

Ray
Jun. 26, 2009, 10:48 PM
footing is absolutely fine. we went yesterday and are going back tomorrow.

giddybiddy
Jun. 27, 2009, 03:50 PM
I bet it's all dried up now! I'd be a perfect day to show!

Ray
Jun. 27, 2009, 07:58 PM
I bet it's all dried up now! I'd be a perfect day to show!

yup. it was :) :) :)

kdriding
Jun. 27, 2009, 11:29 PM
We where there from Wed. am to 5pm tonight and there was very little rain durning the day ( I was there from 6am to 7pm everyday). Entries did seem light in a bunch of divisions. There were NO short stirrup entries and very few entires in other usually very popular divisions. The footing was great in Hunter ring 2 where we were. Didn't hear any complaints from the jumper ring, or Hunter ring 1 where the rest of our team was. Over all, for my first trip to the show with my daughter I would say we had a blast! I will definatley keep this show in mind for next year. It also helps that my daughter and her horse had an AWESOME week at their first "A" show together. :D