PDA

View Full Version : supracor or thinline?

upnover192
Jun. 26, 2009, 02:55 PM
I just got a Trifecta thinline pad off ebay, only to find out I accidentally bought the wrong size! So I'm either going to 1) sell it and get smaller size or... 2) just heard of supracor pads. They sound nice! Should I go for supracor? or just try out the thinline? I've never used either and I can't decide!

What's your preference?

Punkie
Jun. 26, 2009, 05:00 PM
I use and love both. I think that the Supracor provides more shock absorption overall, but the downside is that it changes the way your saddle fits (I ended up having my saddle built to fit my pony WITH the Supracor only. I think the Thinline does wonders for my back, is a good additive to distribute weight more evenly across the horse's back and do some shock absorbing as well. Give them both a shot and see what you think!

giddybiddy
Jun. 26, 2009, 07:43 PM
Not answering your question, but a ton of people at my previous barn had Supracor pads and LOVED them. I have Supracor flip-flops (actually made by Supracor!) that are super comfortable and shock absorbent, so I can imagine it'd be the same for a horse's back.

eventrider
Jun. 27, 2009, 10:51 PM
I have both, but I never use my supracor..I prefer the thinline by far. Better shock absorption and doesnt change the fit of the saddle.

Nickelodian
Jun. 27, 2009, 11:19 PM
I love my supracor pad. By far I have found that it keeps my horse's back in great condition after many show days. I have been very impressed with the pad in general.

Ritazza
Jun. 27, 2009, 11:28 PM
Love my Supracor which I had for my last horse and didn't need when I bought a used Prestige for my current mare a few years ago... she was fat as a tick and it fit her big fat back perfectly, but when she leveled out to a normal weight it was a HAIR too wide. The Supracor got pulled out of the tack room and took up that little bit of space perfectly without needing to change anything about the saddle. So I agree with what people are saying... Supracors do change the fit of the saddle but if you need the teeniest bit of change, then it's perfect. The Thinlines are great too, and don't alter the fit, so choose what works best for you.

upnover192
Jun. 28, 2009, 05:01 PM
great, i was hoping there would be an overwhelming majority recommending one or the other! :) thanks for the advice though! i ride several horses a day so there will be times when i do need a bit of a saddle fit change.

angrychinchillas
Jun. 28, 2009, 09:50 PM
My horse, who has tended to be sore in the back since we bought him at age 6, does -really- well with the Supracor. Completely noticeable difference in his way of going and comfort level and his acceptance of the saddle (before the Supracor, he was often very unhappy when the saddle went on). As others have said, though, it does change the fit of the saddle slightly. If you're going for pain relief/shock absorption value, and the saddle fit can be dealt with, go for the Supracor. I don't think all horses need them, though, and a bit less shock absorption is obviously preferable to an ill-fitting saddle.