PDA

View Full Version : Help with TS Breech Sizing Issues???

HunterEquJumper
Jun. 26, 2009, 02:49 PM
I don't know my exact size in ladies...I actually don't even think I have a ladies size in Tailored Sportsmans.

I bought a 28R thinking they would fit and the are HUGE!!!! :no:

I usually ride in a Childs 16R but... yeah I put on a couple of pounds :eek:. I was told the 16R was the same basic size as the 26R so I assumed I would need the 28R...I was wrong. The waist fit okay with a little extra room but the legs looked like I was wearing MC Hammers Parachute Pants :lol:.

I'm afraid to get the Childs 18R and have the same problem. Can someone help clarify the sizing, or tell me what breeches that you show in that fit well and aren't huge in the legs.

Maybe I have chicken legs, who knows...

Pirateer
Jun. 26, 2009, 02:58 PM
Get fatter legs! ;)

seeuatx
Jun. 26, 2009, 03:00 PM
I wish I had your problem. I saw a great deal on a pair of Tailoreds at the store a few weeks ago. A 26long with a teensy ink spot above the knee (barely visible) for $75. I USED to be a 26, and some of my old breeches have stretched enough that they still fit, but sadly I am a 26 no longer. There was no hope of getting those suckers zipped, even if they weren't cutting off the circulation in my thigh. :lol:

Try the next size down, and enjoy the problem while you can ;)

Trixie
Jun. 26, 2009, 03:18 PM
You can probably do a 26, I have a kid's 16 that was slightly too small on me and a 26 that fit.

But TS don't seem to run terribly consistently. I've got probably 6 or 7 pairs of 26's that range from tightish to looseish.

"A"HunterGal
Jun. 26, 2009, 08:05 PM
I have said this before, I shall say it again:

Tailored Sportsmen's are meant to be TAILORED. That's why they're constructed with so much extra material. Get a 26 and let it out, or get a 28 and take it in!

shedllybip
Jun. 26, 2009, 08:11 PM
you should definitely try the kids 18. i own a tack shop and that's would i would try you in

HunterEquJumper
Jun. 26, 2009, 09:14 PM
I have said this before, I shall say it again:

Tailored Sportsmen's are meant to be TAILORED. That's why they're constructed with so much extra material. Get a 26 and let it out, or get a 28 and take it in!

Agreed, but I think there is way too much material to take in on the 28. I think I'm going to let out my 16R's and get a pair of 18's like the next poster said.

Thanks for the help!

wyldhorseb
Jun. 27, 2009, 07:02 PM
geeez. i hate you guys. i am a super skinny super tall 16 y/o and i wear size 30L. 28's are impossible to zip. it's crazy. haha.