PDA

View Full Version : Sussex Co. Fair prizelist confusion. help?

superpony123
Jun. 25, 2009, 07:39 PM
for class #112, the $2,500 child/ad/am hunter classic, are ponies allowed?

in the specs for the class, it says horses and ponies are to jump at respective heights, which would mean 3' for horses, 2'6" for larges, and 2' for sm/md ponies.

then, on the schedule, it says (NO PONIES). but it says this BETWEEN class #112 and #82 ($5,000 holland hills farm hunter classic) and i know that the holland hills classic is for horses in A rated hunter sections only. it would make sense to me that the no-ponies part is for class 82, but it is also possible for 112 (it seems to me that they always give the ponies a dinky classic and then the childrens horses a big fancy classic with more prize money. trust me, some of these pony riders ride infinitely better than some of the 3' child horse kids. then again, it's like that for everything, haha. but for this reason, i see it's possible that they're referring to the children's classic)

does anyone know which class they're saying NO PONIES for??? (because they could also be referring to no Reg/Green ponies in the holland hills classic, since that's an A rated division)

PS i would just like to note that it's funny how the entry fee for the $5k holland hills classic is only $100. the entry for the $2,500 classic is $50. and then the entry fee for the $250 Corona/Lexol children's classic is $60 :lol: rip off! at least i know the ponies can enter the little corona/lexol one :(

findeight
Jun. 25, 2009, 08:22 PM
Errr...call the show and ask them. Most of us are not even on that mailing list and the question of Ponies in the Hunter Classic does not come up every day.

But, usually, anything printed applies to the class listed BELOW the print. That H Hills Classic is for A rated Hunters only and that would look like it precludes any Ponies showing.

Entry fees sometimes include a fee to the organization putting up the funding for any Classics so it's not fair to slam Corona/Lexol for sponsering a Classic, the awards and the Finals. They do need something to keep it going and help them offset costs. It's NOT free on their part.

superpony123
Jun. 25, 2009, 11:18 PM
Errr...call the show and ask them. Most of us are not even on that mailing list and the question of Ponies in the Hunter Classic does not come up every day.

But, usually, anything printed applies to the class listed BELOW the print. That H Hills Classic is for A rated Hunters only and that would look like it precludes any Ponies showing.

Entry fees sometimes include a fee to the organization putting up the funding for any Classics so it's not fair to slam Corona/Lexol for sponsering a Classic, the awards and the Finals. They do need something to keep it going and help them offset costs. It's NOT free on their part.

i know it's not free :lol: i just think it's laughable that the classic with the least prizemoney has a larger fee. i don't generally complain about the costs of horse shows (because yes, it does cost an arm and a leg to run them)

but i am confused because i would assume that since "NO PONIES" is printed below 112, it would apply to 112, except that in the specs for the class, it mentions fence height changes necessary for ponies. so i'm confused?

anyway, figured i'd ask. plus, i don't think i can just call them any time? the fair isn't until august.

To the MAX
Jun. 26, 2009, 12:19 AM
http://www.sussexcountyhorseshow.com/html/contact_us.html

There ya go...should be a number on that page you can call :)