PDA

View Full Version : I like edgewood bridles...

AmandaandTuff
Jun. 25, 2009, 05:59 PM
But I'm having a hard time staying under $200. I'm not seeing much on Ebay for low prices. I don't need reins as long as the color is havana/chocolate/just dark. I'm tearing my hair out.

lauriep
Jun. 25, 2009, 06:01 PM
They come a natural color and oil up beautifully, with one oiling. So if you find one not oiled, don't worry, it will get dark enough to show with one oiling. I have a tack room full of them!

Pirateer
Jun. 25, 2009, 06:03 PM
A) They don't come off the cow Havana colored, you have to do that part yourself.
B) They cost a good bit more than $200 new, so you may have to hatch ebay for a while to find a steal.
C) Check the Bits/Barter board

superpony123
Jun. 25, 2009, 06:18 PM
maybe she meant used? anyway, OP, you will have to oil if you find one at a decent price that is natural colored--after all, it's how it comes off the cow :lol: anyway, it isnt too hard. get a thing of hydrophane darkening oil or neatsfoot compound

AmandaandTuff
Jun. 25, 2009, 08:17 PM
I can deal with darkening on my own if I have to, its just difficult to find one someone wants to part with!

LegalEagle
Jun. 25, 2009, 08:51 PM
Have you looked at the Edgewood factory seller on Ebay? They sell their "seconds" on there and I just saw a couple bridles for right under $200- not sure what size you need. Good luck!!

AmandaandTuff
Jun. 25, 2009, 08:55 PM
I may have to wait until the end of the year to be able to buy one and make sure I'm getting a good deal, I just can't afford anything near $200 right now. (Especially since smartpack is evil and I just made a huge order of custom saddle pads, a no slip, bit keepers, and stall guards. Pure evil!)

Little Indian
Jun. 26, 2009, 01:15 AM
check out Lauren's Tack Trunk! They have amazing deals and I hear there is a sale coming up! http://www.laurenstacktrunk.com/bridles.html

AmandaandTuff
Jun. 26, 2009, 09:24 AM
Thank you Little Indian, I'm going to watch the page for any sales or just wait until I can pay full price.

Across Sicily
Jun. 26, 2009, 10:07 AM
I just found one on Ebay for $130... still has 2 days more to go though. There is also one for $175.

BAC
Jun. 26, 2009, 10:16 AM
Premier Tack Outlet has one for $190 right now (www.premiertackoutlet.com (http://www.premiertackoutlet.com)), and several other really nice bridles, she discounts them.

Lauren's Tack Trunk has great prices too although I have never bought from her.

vxf111
Jun. 26, 2009, 10:31 AM
If you're patient and check around, you can find one for under $200. You just have to be savvy, patient, and quick when you find one that's available.

HuntrJumpr
Jun. 26, 2009, 10:40 AM
Swing up to my area for the annual tack sale. I attend every year and I have gotten some steals. ;) Really though - if you're in a region that has a pony club or association sponsored tack swap, check that out. I've paid $35 and $75 for two Edgewoods, both with reins and a bit (though I never used either bit). Plus I've purchased three martingales now, each for $25. And outside of tack there is a whole world of fantastic deals to have been had.

AmandaandTuff
Jun. 26, 2009, 11:32 AM
Pony club is a few hours south of the area, I'm north.

HuntrJumpr, if you see another pick it up for me :P