PDA

View Full Version : North East Benefit Northampton, MA

kdriding
May. 20, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hi all. My daughter is showing at the North East Beneift show for the first time this year. I have had some input on it but, we have never been here before. So for those of you who have attended, what did you like and dislike about the facility and/or show? Any advice? Please feel free to PM me if you like. Just looking for some input. :D

luvs2ridewbs
May. 20, 2009, 01:53 PM
It is a really nice show. The staff is very friendly, the jumps are dressed up but not so much as to intimidate riders who aren't used to the "A" circuit. Tons of divisions for everyone, footing is always good, really I have nothing to complain about. Our barn goes every single year without fail.

Horselove
May. 20, 2009, 03:21 PM
It is a great show. Staff is always helpful. Your daughter should have an awesome time.
If you haven't been to Northampton or Springfield, be sure you bring rain gear. It never fails.........we are about to go into the ring in the afternoon and here comes the rain over the mountains!!! It never lasts for long, but I can pretty much guarantee an afternoon or two of rain.
The other great thing about NE is if your daughter rides in the MHC finals, she can do some classes in the in-door and see what it is like!!

kimball1
May. 20, 2009, 10:05 PM
The barns at Northampton are pretty awful. They have tried fixing them up, but they are old racing sheds. Bring your toolbox. And your hip waders if it rains. Some of the fairgrounds get knee deep in mud. On the plus side, Northampton is a cool town. A truckload of bark mulch in the aisle between the shed rows is helpful to spread because of the dirt.

kdriding
May. 21, 2009, 07:06 AM
The barns at Northampton are pretty awful. They have tried fixing them up, but they are old racing sheds. Bring your toolbox. And your hip waders if it rains. Some of the fairgrounds get knee deep in mud. On the plus side, Northampton is a cool town. A truckload of bark mulch in the aisle between the shed rows is helpful to spread because of the dirt.

Thanks for the input everyone. :) I will make sure we have out rain gear, and my head lamp for braiding! lol

Kimball, I heard Jo-Jo is being a star! He is such a good boy. I hope things are well with you.

giddybiddy
May. 21, 2009, 03:10 PM
I've been to the grounds, but never the show.

We're going this year, and I'm excited! I've heard it's really well run and a fun but competitive show.

kdriding
May. 21, 2009, 03:46 PM
I've been to the grounds, but never the show.

We're going this year, and I'm excited! I've heard it's really well run and a fun but competitive show.

Giddy what are you showing in? Maybe we will run into each other! lol

giddybiddy
May. 21, 2009, 09:38 PM
Giddy what are you showing in? Maybe we will run into each other! lol

Younger Adult Amateurs...*GULP*! I still can't believe I'm an adult! And the adult medals.

What about you??

kdriding
May. 22, 2009, 07:30 AM
Oh, I will just be the barn braider and my daughter's groom. Next year maybe the modified adults. lol This is a move up year for her on a new horse, so she is just doing the 2'6 stuff (maiden eq, novice, eq, childrens eq, and the pre-childrens hunters etc).

My barn has some adults, so maybe I'll see you there!!! Good luck.:cool:

backinthesaddle
May. 22, 2009, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know if there is a website for the prize list?

heartinrye
May. 22, 2009, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know if there is a website for the prize list?

There isn't one you have to contact the show manager and she'll send you one. Her name is on USEF, just can't think of it right now!

harmonyhillfarm
May. 22, 2009, 11:55 PM
I will be bringing my farm for the jumpers and equitation. I enjoy the show, but find the footing a bit deep. I agree with an above poster- be prepared to go through your stabling thoroughly on arrival! The shedrows are in rough shape. But when I think about it, I believe Northeast Benefit tries to only use the temporary stalls- it's Northampton that uses the shedrows. Anyhow, see you there!