PDA

View Full Version : SOOOO excited!!! Just got accepted as a JWI ambassador!!!!

Parker_Rider
May. 19, 2009, 10:02 PM
Had to share... so excited to have a way to combine my prior undergrad activities and my current degree program and my sport!!!

the dear BF doesn't quite get it, though he says if I'm excited, he's excited.
A HHUUUGGGEEE thank you to Supershorty and Isolabella for making me aware through various postings that this organization even exists!

:D Sorry... I'm just super excited and can't wait to sport their logo.. oh crap, this means I actually have to ride now.. you know, like I know how! ;)

superpony123
May. 19, 2009, 10:55 PM
congrats :D

IsolaBella09
May. 19, 2009, 11:05 PM
CONGRATS!!!! It's a great program that has changed my life! Everyone is SO welcoming and positive about supporting a great cause. Jessica and Naomi have hearts of gold! ;)

Feel free to PM me about anything. I love talking about JustWorld and getting pepole involved. I'm helping organize something in the Hamptons this summer with JustWorld so if you want to help, let me know!

Congrats again and welcome! I'm so excited for you and you are making me smile so wide right now!! :lol:
:D:D:D

IsolaBella09
May. 19, 2009, 11:07 PM
ETA:

Don't forget to join the groups on Facebook if you haven't already! They update us with everything that is going on. :D

nycjumper
May. 20, 2009, 12:39 AM
Just World is a great organization - congratulations on getting accepted as an ambassador!

heartinrye
May. 20, 2009, 06:21 AM
Welcome!
I just got my coat the other day- I'm SO pumped to wear it! I'll be the one in the schooling jumpers on a wednesday in it ;) haha
Plus I just got an e-birthday card from JWI too, a very nice surprise! :)

supershorty628
May. 20, 2009, 07:24 AM
Congratulations! JustWorld is an amazing, amazing program. You can PM me as well as Kiira (IsolaBella) - I've been an ambassador a bit longer than she has, and may be able to answer any questions. JustWorld provides us all with so many great opportunities. I got to show in Ecuador because of them.
Congratulations again!! Welcome!! :)
Emily

bhrunner06
May. 20, 2009, 08:03 AM
I am sending my application in this week!! Such a great program!

Parker_Rider
May. 20, 2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!! I didn't realize there were so many ambassadors on COTH! So glad it hear it's such a great community and not just another nonprofit.
Should have known.. it combines horses and riding with helping internationally ;)

je.suis
May. 20, 2009, 03:59 PM
Wear those jackets proudly, guys, and tell every horse person you know that this wonderful, generous program exists ! You CAN make a difference in someone's life and with all we have been given as riders and horsemen, a contibution to such a great cause is an honor. Spread the word and attend the many benefits hosted by Just World.

Equibrit
May. 20, 2009, 04:02 PM
What ARE you talking about ?

theroanypony
May. 20, 2009, 05:00 PM
Congratulations on getting accepted! JustWorld International sounds like a great organization to represent. :)

supershorty628
May. 20, 2009, 05:11 PM
What ARE you talking about ?

You can find information on www.justworldinternational.org if you want! JustWorld is a nonprofit organization that has projects in many countries, including Cambodia, Senegal, Honduras, Guatemala, and more. These projects range from building schools to mobile libraries to hygiene programs. There are over 200 JustWorld ambassadors, some professionals (Eric Lamaze among them), others are amateurs, and there are even ambassadors as young as 10 years old. At the conclusion of each show year, ambassadors donate a percentage of their winnings, or if they do not show in money-yielding classes, designate a donation amount and give that. JustWorld riders wear the signature JustWorld jacket, which is medium blue and purple: http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs008.snc1/4441_1115609415343_1380180415_30409574_6855825_n.j pg

I hope that was somewhat helpful. I can continue, if you want! I could talk about JustWorld all day.

CTRL ALT DELETE
May. 20, 2009, 07:33 PM
You can find information on www.justworldinternational.org if you want! JustWorld is a nonprofit organization that has projects in many countries, including Cambodia, Senegal, Honduras, Guatemala, and more. These projects range from building schools to mobile libraries to hygiene programs. There are over 200 JustWorld ambassadors, some professionals (Eric Lamaze among them), others are amateurs, and there are even ambassadors as young as 10 years old. At the conclusion of each show year, ambassadors donate a percentage of their winnings, or if they do not show in money-yielding classes, designate a donation amount and give that. JustWorld riders wear the signature JustWorld jacket, which is medium blue and purple: http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs008.snc1/4441_1115609415343_1380180415_30409574_6855825_n.j pg

I hope that was somewhat helpful. I can continue, if you want! I could talk about JustWorld all day.

I have a question- I was seriously considering applying to be an ambassador but I don't show much. I maybe get to one or two shows a year, and thats if I'm lucky. The shows are usually B/C rated local shows as well, nothing major because I just can't afford it!
Do they generally only accept applicants who show consistently in bigger A rated shows?

mestel
May. 20, 2009, 08:04 PM
Question: isn't it in JWI's best interest to accept all applicants? I mean, they get money, publicity, and eager attitudes most of the time from these people. I can't imagine why they would turn anyone away?

ThePerfectFit
May. 20, 2009, 09:29 PM
Is it hard to get accepted? I would LOVE to do it, but as I saw the application, it wants you to list your accomplishments. Unfortunately, I dont have the money or resources to have these great accomplishments under my belt (like many other ambassadors that I personally know). I'd love to do something like this because its such a great cause....

IsolaBella09
May. 20, 2009, 09:34 PM
JustWorld is always looking for new ambassadors and supporters. You do not need lots of shows to become involved. I joined last October with 2 shows that year under my belt because I didn't have a horse. They gladly accepted me. :D I show on the local and "A" circuits. You can always email Jessica Newman, Naomi Licari, Emily (supershorty) or me (Kiira) with any questions. It's such a great program to be a part of. We're one big family. :D

SEFBH87
May. 20, 2009, 09:44 PM
I've been contemplating doing volunteer work for this organization after I graduate next spring as kind of a break and exposure before graduate school. I really like the idea of ambassadors though! Would it be ok if I pmed you to see what I need to do to get involved in one way or another?

IsolaBella09
May. 20, 2009, 09:55 PM
I've been contemplating doing volunteer work for this organization after I graduate next spring as kind of a break and exposure before graduate school. I really like the idea of ambassadors though! Would it be ok if I pmed you to see what I need to do to get involved in one way or another?

Yes, of course! I LOVE talking about it. :lol: :D

Parker_Rider
May. 20, 2009, 10:07 PM
Question: isn't it in JWI's best interest to accept all applicants? I mean, they get money, publicity, and eager attitudes most of the time from these people. I can't imagine why they would turn anyone away?

LoL yes, it is. But It's still super exciting the be accepted as one because we ARE eager to help.

mestel
May. 20, 2009, 10:24 PM
LoL yes, it is. But It's still super exciting the be accepted as one because we ARE eager to help.

Oh, I didn't mean to take away from your excitement at all! Just to all those who seem "worried" about applying and not being accepted...If you are interested in JWI, I'm sure they appreciate that and are more than happy to accept new ambassadors.

Parker_Rider
May. 20, 2009, 10:41 PM
Oh, I didn't mean to take away from your excitement at all! Just to all those who seem "worried" about applying and not being accepted...If you are interested in JWI, I'm sure they appreciate that and are more than happy to accept new ambassadors.

gotcha, that's what I figured after I posted, but hey.... :) That's the great thing about working with nonprofits is that they're usually very inclusive groups!

heygirlhey33
Aug. 9, 2009, 11:50 PM
I know this is a little late, but I was wondering about the organization as well. I heard about it through my old trainer who is one of the professional ambassadors. But at the time i thought it was just for jumpers. But after my searching on the website it seems like you can be an ambassador and show in hunters. I think it sounds like a perfect fit, I show at both A and AA horse shows and am always competitive and in the top of the classes. I also love honduras and other latin american countries (spent a month there over the last year in 3 differnt countries) and am the service learning representative for my school. Im nervous about applying, and am not sure quite exactly what to do. any ideas or suggestions?

supershorty628
Aug. 10, 2009, 08:22 AM
I'm not really sure how to answer your question. The application is very straightforward - you don't make it up, you have to e-mail JustWorld and they will send you an application to fill out.
People assume that it's only for jumper riders because you don't see the coat in the hunter or equitation ranks. However, everyone is welcomed, and the organization recently announced that there are now hunter/equitation jackets available to make it more friendly toward those who don't do the jumpers. Ambassadors now have the option of getting their own jackets embroidered with the JWI logo instead of buying a whole new jacket.

If you have specific questions about the application, feel free to PM me :)

heygirlhey33
Aug. 10, 2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks. Im gonna talk to my trainer about it today, then email off for the application. I hope it all goes well as it seems like a fantastic organization