PDA

View Full Version : Really nice hunter show bridle in $200-$300 range

neigh.neigh
May. 17, 2009, 08:51 PM
There has probably been a thread on this but its pretty specific so hard to look for. Title pretty much says it all. My horse is black and I have a chocolate colored saddle. She has a pretty petit face so the wide noseband might look funny. What is everyones favorite.

IsolaBella09
May. 17, 2009, 10:01 PM
Love my Herve Godignon bridle. Great leather and I get compliments on it. Bit pricey, but definitely worth it. Bevals always has nice bridles as well.

Hunter Mom
May. 17, 2009, 10:10 PM
I have no set opinion on brands (although I am coveting the new SmartPak ones) but on my black mare, like bridles with a little red cast to them. I think they compliment her coloring well. For a horse who has a nice head, less is more IMO.

justblu
May. 18, 2009, 12:36 PM
I have a Pessoa (Rodrigo? I believe) bridle that I got a bit below your price range with reins. I was happy with the leather quality, it fit well and it oiled up to a nice choclate brown. I can't stand orangey colored bridles and this one fit the bill for an economical show bridle.

Pirateer
May. 18, 2009, 01:15 PM
I like the Vespucci but the padding/raised-ness is goofy on a teeny head.

Have you checked out the new Smartpak bridles? I think there were some in that price range in a more dainty style.

<3OTTB
May. 18, 2009, 01:31 PM
Look at the Bevals. I love how soft their leather is.

katie16
May. 18, 2009, 01:44 PM
My personal favorite is Beval's Heritage Padded Fancy Stitched. However, it in not in the price range that you are seeking.

In your price range, I would probably pick this one, the Rodrigo Fancy Stitch Padded. It is padded, but even with the padding it's not as wide as the new "wide noseband bridles" that are out there more now. It is a nice dark brown so it would match nicely with your horse and other tack I think.

http://www.woodsongtack.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=506 - It is $195.95 - under budget!!!

I am pretty sure that you can get it plain, without padding, if you would prefer.

neigh.neigh
May. 18, 2009, 06:12 PM
My personal favorite is Beval's Heritage Padded Fancy Stitched. However, it in not in the price range that you are seeking.

I love this bridle too... I could probably splurge I just wanted to see what the best quality is for that price range. How dark does it get? The padding looks kind of light.

spmoonie
May. 18, 2009, 08:06 PM
check out www.premiertackoutlet.com, they have awesome high end bridles at very discounted prices. I bough a brand new hadfields martingale for just 90 dollars!

BAC
May. 19, 2009, 02:53 PM
I love this bridle too... I could probably splurge I just wanted to see what the best quality is for that price range. How dark does it get? The padding looks kind of light.

I have an unpadded Beval Heritage and it is a dark mahogany color, very beautiful although to be honest my Hadfields and Antares are better quality IMO. Even though I bought the unpadded Heritage I checked out the padded version too, its nice and dark.

katie16
May. 20, 2009, 09:57 AM
I think I am a little dense here, but wasn't sure which bridle you were asking about the coloring on. However, I have both the Beval Heritage (padded) and the Rodrigo (padded) so I can tell you that they both are dark!

neigh.neigh
May. 20, 2009, 02:20 PM
I think I am a little dense here, but wasn't sure which bridle you were asking about the coloring on. However, I have both the Beval Heritage (padded) and the Rodrigo (padded) so I can tell you that they both are dark!

I was talking about the beval but which one do you like better?