PDA

View Full Version : Devon Lead line, Saturday, who's going?

Susan P
May. 17, 2009, 07:30 PM
I understand that there is a group from this forum that will go AND party. My granddaughter is going for the first time and she's 4 so I'm really excited. I will live vicariously through her, lol. :yes:

Does anyone else have a child, grandchild, student, family or friend that you will be cheering for this year?

Paint Hunter/Jumper
May. 17, 2009, 08:26 PM
Yes! We have a little girl from our barn going this year and most of us will be there to cheer her on! Can't wait! Good luck to your granddaughter!

Susan P
May. 17, 2009, 08:58 PM
I'm in Chester County, PA, maybe my granddaughter is from your barn??? Would be a coincidence.

Are you from this area? Just wondering who might also be local. I think it would be fun to have some of the kids see each other and say hello. What age is the little girl from your barn, is she over or under 4 for the class?

Yes! We have a little girl from our barn going this year and most of us will be there to cheer her on! Can't wait! Good luck to your granddaughter!

Paint Hunter/Jumper
May. 17, 2009, 11:09 PM
I'm in Chester County, PA, maybe my granddaughter is from your barn??? Would be a coincidence.

Are you from this area? Just wondering who might also be local. I think it would be fun to have some of the kids see each other and say hello. What age is the little girl from your barn, is she over or under 4 for the class?

I am from this area! I ride in Chester Springs, PA. I'm pretty sure she is 4 in the horse show world but not entirely sure, so she may! I'll send you a PM with my barn's name!

Susan P
May. 18, 2009, 10:02 AM
I read your PM before this post. Our barn is in Cochranville, PA, other side of the county. But I hope I meet you at Devon, cheering on the 4 year olds. They may not be in the ring very long but hopefully it will be a great memory. It would be cool to get some photos of the kids together, as many as will fit in the camera lens. Kind of like class mates, see who returns next year, etc.

I am from this area! I ride in Chester Springs, PA. I'm pretty sure she is 4 in the horse show world but not entirely sure, so she may! I'll send you a PM with my barn's name!

Susan P
May. 18, 2009, 02:11 PM
I understand that Lead line is 1 PM, anyone know differently?

And I'm guessing the kids are going to be lining up to go in in the exercise area, going to be a long line. Our kids will be with Brookstone Stables. Should be a few people hanging around with the jackets if it's cool enough for them.

Does anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like? I watched the weather on TV and I think they said that it's going to rain till Saturday and then be kind of overcast on Saturday, moderate temps. But I just looked at AOL's forecast and it shows rain for Saturday with a high of 80. Maybe we have a shot at nice weather.

dab
May. 18, 2009, 04:46 PM
I hate to report that they're predicting thunder storms for Saturday -- The high is supposed to be around 80 --

Here's hoping the forecast is wrong and the kids get to enjoy their lollipops --

Editing to add ...
The youngers go at 1:00 and the olders go at 1:20 --

Susan P
May. 18, 2009, 07:44 PM
NO, NO, NO!!! :eek: No rain drops on my precious granddaughter's head or any of the other little heads either. And definitely NO thunder and lightening, OMG, that can't be. They have to cancel if there's lightening. You can't let little kids ride in that. I think some day they'll have to enclose an arena. I hope the forecast changes, the weather is so hard to count on either way.

But lollipops, cool! :yes: And a light blue ribbon for all. That's great, just like a birthday party, you have to have something for all your guests.

I hate to report that they're predicting thunder storms for Saturday -- The high is supposed to be around 80 --

Here's hoping the forecast is wrong and the kids get to enjoy their lollipops --

Editing to add ...
The youngers go at 1:00 and the olders go at 1:20 --

AppendixQHLover
May. 18, 2009, 10:42 PM
STAY confident on the weather!! It could change..

I love to look at the pictures of the leadliners!!

Justjumpit21
May. 18, 2009, 11:28 PM
I will be there with a student of mine. It is her last year in lead line, her first time going to Devon with me. I hope she can bring home a ribbon her final year. Even though her mom is leading her, it will still be fun to stand there and watch. :)

Susan P
May. 19, 2009, 01:52 PM
At this point, Saturday appears to be the only REALLY nasty day of the week. It's the only day for thunderstorms.

I know it's completely possible to have it turn around so I'm not going to worry just yet, in fact I refuse to worry. :no: I'll just cry. :cry: Just kidding, it's still only a horse show.

vxf111
May. 19, 2009, 01:57 PM
1. Don't you know that it's "always sunny at Devon"??? :) I will cross my fingers for cooperative weather.

2. Saturday 5/23 from 2:30-4:30pm is children's crafts in the pavillion across from the Garden Cafe. Once you're done with leadline, if the kiddies aren't fried-- stop by and do some crafts and get face painting done.

3. If you stick around, hunt teams are in the afternoon and they're super fun for the kids to watch.

4. If it does rain (I sure hope it doesn't) you can grab a Devon anorak, umbrealla, AND rain boots at the souvenir booth ;)

Good luck to all!

fleur de duc
May. 19, 2009, 07:16 PM
I will be heading up to photograph for my Spanish teacher from freshman year as her daughter will be riding. If anyone would like some extra shots of your little ones, PM me their numbers and I can send you any shots I get!

Am I feeling a COTH leadliners cheering section in the making??

CraziiPonii
May. 19, 2009, 07:27 PM
I won't be riding- but I'll be up there all day cheering everyone on! Good luck to all the lead-liners:D

AppendixQHLover
May. 19, 2009, 10:15 PM
I am hoping one day to show up at Devon.

Susan P
May. 20, 2009, 08:57 AM
That would be awesome, thank you! We're with Brookstone Stables and trainer Brooke Brown.

I will be heading up to photograph for my Spanish teacher from freshman year as her daughter will be riding. If anyone would like some extra shots of your little ones, PM me their numbers and I can send you any shots I get!

Am I feeling a COTH leadliners cheering section in the making??

nelson
May. 20, 2009, 01:49 PM
We have two in the Under 4s going from our barn. I can't wait to see it! All the kids and ponies are always so cute. Everyone have fun!

dab
May. 20, 2009, 02:14 PM
Saturday's forecast has changed to partly cloudy with only a 20% chance of rain :)

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USPA0401?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Speedy
May. 20, 2009, 05:42 PM
I am pregnant with my first - a boy - and I can't wait to get him started with ponies!! I wondered - do the kids have to qualify for lead line at Devon, or do they just sign up? Is there an age requirement for the kids? A height requirement for the ponies? It's a few years away, I guess, but it is fun to imagine doing.

AppendixQHLover
May. 20, 2009, 09:17 PM
I saw the weather has changed for the weekend. It will rain when we all go back to work!!!

Susan P
May. 21, 2009, 12:33 AM
I'd say start searching for a cute little pony that is good as gold. By the time he's one he will be loving that pony and sitting on him and giving him big hugs. Then he's going to be very comfortable on the pony and then you can start teaching him some little things. He will be part horse by the time he's ready to go to Devon. I don't think there is ANY minimum age but the age cutoff is to be 4 by Dec. something to qualify for 4 and under and then they go to the next age group of lead line at Devon. My granddaughter has been showing since she was still 3. But you should see her now, I am amazed. Today in her lesson she was posting a trot with her hands on her hips and also holding them straight out, then she trotted the pony around the ring by herself. She has to be reminded to do certain things, like steer all the way into the corners and keep looking where she's going and to stop trotting when she needs to adjust her stirrups because she fixes them while still trotting, lol. I am just amazed as was the judge on Sunday, that someone so little can ride so well. She just and the pony just look like miniatures.

I am pregnant with my first - a boy - and I can't wait to get him started with ponies!! I wondered - do the kids have to qualify for lead line at Devon, or do they just sign up? Is there an age requirement for the kids? A height requirement for the ponies? It's a few years away, I guess, but it is fun to imagine doing.

Susan P
May. 21, 2009, 12:36 AM
I've been watching the forecast and seeing that they are pushing back the rain till later Saturday. I sure hope they push it into the evening.

Saturday's forecast has changed to partly cloudy with only a 20% chance of rain :)

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USPA0401?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

The Devon Blog
May. 21, 2009, 04:41 AM
Follow The Devon Horse Show & Country Fair on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devon-PA/The-Devon-Horse-Show/67416719713

Live Twitter Updates from the showgrounds!
http://www.twitter.com/thedevonblog

Blog updates, interviews, recaps:
http://thedevonblog.wordpress.com

Susan P
May. 21, 2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks! I should have known, lol. :lol:

Follow The Devon Horse Show & Country Fair on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devon-PA/The-Devon-Horse-Show/67416719713

Live Twitter Updates from the showgrounds!
http://www.twitter.com/thedevonblog

Blog updates, interviews, recaps:
http://thedevonblog.wordpress.com